“Solid place - friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: great
Description: great
Chicago, Illinois
“Solid place - friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Unpretentious place on the water in Punta Mita. Reasonably priced. Friendly staff. Solid food selection and quality. Some local folks walking around to sell stuff but not in your face about it

Visited February 2013

“La laguna (tinos) not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We had been going to la laguna for 15 years but first time in punta mita not such a good experience .place was not bussy food come drinks come all on one shot fish showed was not the the right kilo and they were told easy on the salt did not hapened tino you must make changes ...bill
Not a good experience

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
washington, dc
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Decent, average meal - nothing great. Service was slow, the fish wasn't bad but wasn't memorable. Dessert was the best part. I imagine normally the views would be great, but it was rainy and a bit chilly when we went.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Great Service & Great Food for Reasonable $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This place has a very cozy feel to it. I ate there 3 times while listening to the sound of waves behind me. The food is delicious... homemade-like... The service was great and prices very affordable. Keep it in mind if you want to experience what the locals eat in a very cool and nice environment.

Visited November 2012
California
“Don't eat raw seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We took a bus ride out to Punta Mita the other day and ate at Tino's. We have eaten at 4 of the Tino's locations over the years because their seafood is delicious. This time, we were going to eat an early dinner. We ordered seafood cocktails. They were large and delicious, except for the raw oysters. We normally don't eat raw oysters in Mexico and we shouldn't have let our guards down. The oysters tasted very salty. When we got back to our condo, my husband felt nauseated. As the night wore on, he started throwing up numerous times. Then, he got the runs. I seemed fine. The next morning, I had the runs, chills, my body ached all over and I had a headache. I spent the entire day in the condo and had to go to bed at 2 pm covered up completely because of the chills. Today, I am feeling better and I'll see if someone here can call Tino's to warn them. It might be too late because we got sick two days ago.

Tino's is excellent. Just don't eat their raw seafood and ask what's in their seafood cocktail. Ours included raw oysters and scallops.

This event won't stop us from returning. We'll just make sure we order cooked seafood!!

• Visited November 2012