“very nice time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa

You added Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   C/ Carretera Punta de Mita Km 11.5, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico (Formerly Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
ontario
“very nice time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

we a party of six just returned home on feb 16 from a fun week of sun at the GPV resort and spa. I found it quite enjoyable and the staff very accomodating.. Alberto and Martin in the buffet were most accomadating and waiting for and waiting on us each day. This made it most enjoyable. The beach was awesome and the loungers plentiful. I was however disappointed in the drinks. the margaritas I found very strong and undrinkable at most times and the beer wasn't corona which was a disappointment to me especially being in Mexico to me those two things should have been a given.The day trips we took were enjoyable and educational beware buying silver they say don't buy from the beach but becareful in the shops in town too $2-3 a gram some people paid way more than that,just be careful. The whale watching was great. The ala cartes were good but the buffet was as well, only thing I find bothersome is the evening shows starting so late. It is well after 10pm before it starts. All in all it was a great place and I would reccemend it to others

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Alejandro C, Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear turkeybird27,
I would like to thank you for your nice comments about your last holidays in our Resort. We are working every day in order to improve our services and comments like yours help us a lot.
About your concern of the Corona beer let me tell you that we work with this company in our complex. The beer we have in our bars (Modelo) is part of the Corona company, is one of its brands. In our Hemingway bar you can also enjoy the Corona Light and in Royal Suites Punta Mita also will find another Corona’s brand. Regarding your opinion about the Margaritas we will check it also.
Thanks again for your remarks and we hope to see you again in the future.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
Richmond Hill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was our second year back to the GPV. We travelled with adult friends, and our children. I booked two rooms and requested adjoining. After emailing with Ana Castro and then speaking to Oscar at the front desk prior to our arrival, everything was confirmed, and our requests were processed. Thanks to Ana for all of your help!

There is plenty of food to be had here. Always enjoyed the egg station for breakfast in the buffet, and the crepe station at night for dessert! We tried the Mexican restaurant this year which made table side guacamole, and flaming spanish coffees for dessert. Our friends went to Ribs and More and said it was great as well.

The beach - this is the part we keep coming back for. Great surf, boogey boarding, and awesome whale watching!!

Giovanni at Hemingways - a great bartender who works hard!!

The only thing I could say I wish was better was our housekeeping. We had ground floor building 2, and often after our room was cleaned we wouldn't have toilet paper. We had to take some off of a cart in the hall when we completely ran out one day. My friends who stayed in the other building said they had wonderful housekeeping service.

All in all, another wonderful trip again at the GPV. I'm sure we'll be back to see you guys soon!

Whitehorse, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I will let others speak to most of Palladium's virtues which are many. We almost didn't book a space there because of snarky reviews and that would have been a big mistake. There is no satisfying some people!!!
1)Stairs: not a big deal folks. I have a lung condition and never even puffed going up them. Side benefit: toned legs.
2)Food: buffet very good, choice galore and birds stealing sugar which was fun. Ask Caesar to do his toothpick trick. A la cartes: excellent esp. Japanese. Jorge is a super guy. BBQ on beach is not to be missed. No need to make reservations; just be at the door at 6:30 or 8:00. Never tried the Mexican but heard it was not that great.
3)Watered down drinks: give me a break!!!!!
4)Beach: lovely, a few rocks in body surfing area but no big deal. "Too small"- how much water and sand do you need? A mercifully few vendors. One reservation is that if you want shade, it's limited but there are lots of chairs in the slatted roof area for partial shade.
5)Wiring and water. Saw a few MINOR electrical things. The shower water was refreshingly cool not cold.
6)Ocean views: over-rated and certainly not worth $30 extra per night. We had a charming bottom floor 'balcony' which afforded us a lovely park-like setting.
7)Staff: unfailingly polite, fun and attentive. These are hard working folks who deserve a tip. 60 hour weeks is the norm and in Jorge's case 3 hours a day on the bus getting there and back.
8)Beds: yes they are firm and yes there is plastic on top. I happen to like firm and the plastic can be removed. Pillows were not to my taste but I slept like cat regardless.
9)Grounds: a delight and meticulously maintained. It's an artificial jungle as they water it at night.

Everyone and his dog wants to sell you a time share but at the airport and in PV. We got suckered at the airport by a free taxi for which I paid $50 when they followed up. It's simple, just get on the WestJet bus which is free despite what the timeshare floggers say.

Ignore the malcontents and ENJOY!!!

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just got back from 2 weeks at the Palladium and had a great vacation. The grounds are beautiful .Yes the resort is a distance to PV but very close to Bucerias and Sayulyta, well worth leaving the resort to have a look around and get a true feeling for the culture and meeting the people. The staff were very helpful to arrange transportation and suggest places to visit .
I have to give a few cudos to the resort staff.
To Victor the best bellman ever, very friendly and informative , he remembered our names and made a point to greet us whenever we saw him.
To Giovani at Hemmingways, such a pleasant and friendly bartender... always a smile and made time to chat no matter how busy he was.
To Ceasar at the buffet, loved the magic tricks and all those spanish words we learned!
To Matias at the pool bar, amazing says it all.
To the Tabitha at the Spa.... the best massage of my life.... the Zentropia
To Ignaesio the best taxi driver/tour guide, you made our trip so interesting we can't wait to come back to the area.
These are a few of the staff we got to know a bit but the others were also very friendly and accomodating, Thank you very much. The resort was enjoyable but I think feeling welcome by everyone made the trip very memorable.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our main floor room in Bldg 1, ocean view overlooking the adult pool. Quiet with amazing...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear DH
I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the Grand Palladium Vallarta. I really appreciate that you enjoyed your vacations. I will take note about your comments and I will send them to our staff. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email
best regards
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We just got back from the Palladium this morning! What a great holiday!

I have no idea what people are looking for when they complain about the food or the service...We had a brilliant time. The location was just perfect, lovely beach, people surfing, whale watching all from the comfort of your sunbed.

We went with family and friends, there were two kids in our group and all had a good time.

From the moment we landed in PV, till we arrived back home it was so smooth...I would totally recommend..and say to those who complain...do you homework, yes it is remote, if you looked this resort up..you would know that! That is what we loved about it...

Dear floydwinnipeg
I would like to thank you for your comments about your stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in the Resort. If you decide to spend your next holidays with us please, let me know in order to check your reservation or anything else.
Best Regards,
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Thanks to our westjet rep Andres who went above and beyond and Kate too. At the beach bar (where we spent a lot of time), Oscar is the man! Congrats to him and his little boy. At the lobby bar we loved Jesus and his cohorts Vanessa and Franchesca. Alberto is the most attendant and friendly waiter ever, he is in the main buffet. We also liked Oscar at reception, super nice guy, friendly and very helpful. Of all the people who helped us have a fantastic vacation, Saul the taxi driver I consider a friend now. He shared his local knowledge on our day trip and helped bridge the language gap when our spanish reached its limits. I cannot say how much we appreciate his excellent service, he is a great guy and we wish him all the best.
Overall the Palladium was very nice. Food was abundant, drinks flowed freely and there is entertainment every night. Really liked the spanish guitars of Alfredo and Zoe, more of that. The dance shows were ok but repetitive. A suggestion would be to break it up a little, three nights of dance (side note, the rocky horror/ thriller night was excellent!), and bring in a comedian or magician or stage band on some nights would be nice.

Room Tip: bottom floor of building 2 we had a great view of the bay and pool area from our deck.
Dear Glenn M
First of all I would like to say that I really appreciate all your great comments about our resort and staff. I will take note and I will send them to our staff. For us it is a gratifying that you enjoyed your vacation with us in your visit to Grand Palladium Vallarta.
I will take note about your comments about our night shows. We are working in improve specifically that service and I hope if you decide to come back you can see news performances in that way.
Please, if you have any other comment or suggestion let me know
Kenora, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is my first time reviewing a resort although we've been to many throughout the years. My husband and another couple went to the GPV for two weeks, first time at this resort. Our first impression was the setting which is just breath taking as the resort is cut out of a mountain which creates so many vista's of the ocean and surrounding areas. People with a hard time walking may not do so well at this resort as there are a lot of stairs. The resort is lush and very well maintained, very clean and the staff are constantly working hard to upkeep the grounds, etc.
Check In was a breeze, very quick. The front desk staff are pleasant and desire to meet your needs.
Food: The buffet was amoung the best food we've encountered at a resort. After two weeks, we never got tired of the food as there was so much variety and it kept changing from one day to the next. Delicious! The a la cartes: Each a la carte had pluses and minuses, but overall the presentation of food and service was excellent. A must is the Beach BBQ, make your reservations first thing so you don't miss out.
Tennis: We played tennis every morning, there is only one court, but there was only a couple of days that we couldn't play at the time we wanted to. They have a resort pro - Javier - if you want some tennis lessons, however when we were there the resort had a "guest" pro giving lessons. We took advantage of this generous opportunity and learned some great tips for our game. Thanks Jonathan.
Room: We were in building two number 2220, ocean view. Fantastic. We found the room very quiet, well insulated from the noise outside or hallways. The housekeeping did a good job of looking after the room.....isn't it great not to have to clean!
Beach: Favorite part of the vacation!!!! Beach was absolutely wonderful, beautiful sand, surf lapping in. We went for long walks down the beach, both ways, very interesting. Incredible sunrises and sunsets (a must see). We did a lot of boogie boarding, so much fun in the ocean waves, body surfing too. My husband and I took a surfing lesson and attempted to surf, but as seniors it wasn't so easy - ha! but, so much fun and well worth the attempt. We also took the catamaran out a couple of times - great ride, well worth it!! We snorkeled off the beach, there is no coral, but interesting fish to see and if your lucky you might see a sea turtle, my husband did. Also we played beach volleyball, so much fun and well organized by Martin. He did a great job.
Here I'll mention the water sports center: Pepe, Jimmy, and Fernando - really, really great job!!!
If you are interested in any surfing lessons, taking out boards, cat' rides anything regarding the water sports these guys are so accomadating and very, very helpful, they go the extra mile for you. Also, Stephan, the life guard is always there on duty and he's so good at his job keeping the beach/ocean safe for the guests.
I must mention that was spectacular and very special about this resort - the whales! The Humpback Whales are thrilling to watch, and because the resort has so many vista's, you can observe them from any ocean point on the resort. Bring your binocular's. We watched them from our room, and had such a thrill seeing the whale jump out of the ocean so many times (close up) on one of our catamaran rides - thanks to Fernando!!!!!!!!!!!
We also took the local bus - highly recommended for an adventure in itself, to Bucerias and Punta de Mita. We did a snokeling trip at PdeM, took a fishing boat out to the Islands, snorkeled and saw absolutely beautiful fish, and toured around the fabulous islands seeing all the birds that nest there.
One other thing we really appreciated about this resort is the outside pool showers were warm water to shower in - this is the only resort that we've encountered that hasn't cold showers to get the salt and sand off!
The resort also has free WIFI in the lobby, a zoo which is very unique and entertaining (rescue animals and well taken care of), and a botanical garden which is fun to walk through.
I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants a relaxing or adventurous vacation, but not for those who like the shops and busyness of the cities. This resort for us was special as it's secluded from other resorts and away from the big cities.
Thank you GPV for a wonderful two weeks!

Room Tip: We stayed in building two third floor, #2220, small balcony, ocean view room overlooking the pools a...
Dear Anne M
I read your comments about Grand Palladium Vallarta and I would like to thank you for your very good comments about this hotel. I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay in Palladium and I would like to let you know that we will send that information to all our staff that made that our guest enjoyed their vacations with us.
Please, let me know if you are planning to come back here and if I can help you with your reservation or anything else
Hoping to meet you

Been to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!