I find with reading reviews it really depends on the who the person writing the review is to get a sense of what the resort is like. Some people expect too much, some people are extremely picky, and some people are easy-going and go to all-inclusive resorts to get some sun, enjoy what the resort has to offer, and relax. I am the third type of person. My girlfriend and I went to this resort having no idea what to expect due to the mixed reviews we had read. We are both 20, work part time, are relatively easy going, we like to socialize, meet new people, and experience new things.
I don't even know where to start about this place. For starters, I would go back to this place anytime without any second thought. There was not one staff member who was rude or unhelpful; they were all willing to help with whatever we needed. The drinks were great, the food was great, the pools were great, and the beach was amazing.
We spent most of our time at the relax pool, and our bartender Matias was awesome. He was always happy to see us and made great drinks. The food was really good, they have unlimited a la carte dinners, all you have to do is go to it and they will put you on a waitlist and give you a pager if there are no tables available. Almost every a la carte we went to we were sat by Nataly and she was a very pleasant lady. We went to the lunch buffet and sat in the same section every day because Alberto was a really good server. He was always very kind and got our drinks for us right away.
One of my favourite things about this resort is the fact that you can surf on the beach it is on, and they provide the surf boards. This doesn't mean you can't swim on the beach either; the surfing is off to the side a little bit so people who are worried about not being able to take the big waves, don't worry! There is also a man made salt water pool off to the side of the beach which was really cool. My fourth time surfing I saw a huge sea turtle about five feet away from me. It was amazing.
I had no idea what to expect for night life and it turned out to be a lot of fun. We met a lot of great people and ended up spending the rest of our stay hanging out with them. Of course, this can be hit or miss depending on who goes when. The club/disco was open the latest and it closed at 2am, but we would just load up our tables with drinks before they closed and that would keep us going strong for at least another hour. Some nights the "club" was packed, some nights people had been drinking all day and went to bed early. Both options were good options.
The rooms were really nice. The beds had memory foam toppers, the bathtub had jets, all rooms have ipod speakers in them, and there was a 42 inch flatscreen tv on the wall. They were cleaned every day, and the fridge was restocked with water, coke, fanta, and beer.
One thing though, if you plan on going into town and clubbing, its about a 40 minute taxi to downtown from the resort so it would be a long night. The beach at this resort is definitely worth it being a little out of town. Better water clarity, and not beside a bunch of other resorts, plus no pushy vendors on the beach.
To conclude, I had an amazing time, met amazing people, and will definitely return to this resort when I want to visit the Puerto Vallarta region again.
Hope this helps anyone looking into this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Club Viva Vallarta