We stayed at this resort at the end of July for a week. We got an incredible deal at this hotel since it was low season and now I understand why it was so cheap. I would like to point out because it is NOT clear in other reviews that there are essentially 2 hotels at this resort - the adult only side (Royal Suites) and the Grand Palladium. We stayed in the Grand Palladium side. All in all, I would not recommend or stay at this hotel again.
The Good: The hotel underwent a a major renovation and overall the grounds were nice. The beach is probably the best part of this hotel, and its saving grace. They have a bar down at the beach which is convenient so that you don't have to trek all the way back up to the pool area for a drink or glass of water. I would recommend to the hotel that they provide "water" stations around the pool area so that you don't have to wait so long for a bartender to get you a glass of water. The zoo and garden areas were well maintained too. The rooms themselves were clean and the bathrooms were large. Housekeeping did a great job of cleaning our room everyday. And the people that work at the restaurants and bars work really HARD. And were quite friendly.
The Bad: As many other reviewers have stated, we booked a partial ocean view room and had a "free" upgrade to an ocean room. When we checked in they could not accommodate this request. It said nowhere in our reservation that we would only be upgraded, if available. I emailed our travel agent the next day and miraculously they were willing to put us in an ocean view room. This hotel desperately needs to fix their AIR CONDITIONING PROBLEM. It went out several times - once from 10pm until 4am. Our room was so miserably hot that we opened the door however there was no breeze. Even when the air is working, the hotel won't let you drop the temperature below 22 degrees (72 Fahrenheit) which is not that cool given an outside temperature over 90 with 100% humidity. And only 2 of the restaurants have A/C - who wants to eat a sit down dinner (in pants which is required for men) when it's boiling in the restaurant.
The Bad: the food is TERRIBLE. The breakfast buffet has your usual omelet station and other hot items. Lunch was just OK. The worst part was the dinner restaurants. All of the restaurants served sub par food that we barely touched (bland and over salted). By the 3rd night we were so disappointed with the food that we went into Punta Mita and had an amazing dinner. This is an all inclusive resort so my expectations were not that high; however, I expect a dinner to at least be edible. And the hotel says you don't need reservations (which you can't even make unless you are staying at the Royal Suites side); this assumes you show up right when the doors open. If you try to go to dinner at 7:30 or 8pm forget it - you'll be eating at the buffet (again).
Another thing to note, which might not bother some people, but the only place in the ENTIRE hotel that has wifi is the lobby area. The rooms don't have it (you'd think they would with a major renovation). This might not bother most, but it is worth pointing out. And the lobby area is HOT and swarming with mosquito's so to say the least not many people are hanging out there.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Vallarta
- Palladium Vallarta Hotel Punta De Mita
- Palladium Vallarta Resort And Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Puerto
- Palladium Vallarta Resort
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Palladium Vallarta Resort Spa
- Palladium Puerto Vallarta
- Viva Vallarta
- Hotel Palladium Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular property that offers a 300 meter long private Pacific beach, from which guests can witness stunning sunsets. The construction of the hotel has maintained the natural flora and fauna of the area to provide an extraordinary setting for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.