“High recommend! Excellent food, atmosphere and service” 5 of 5 stars

Restaurant Row, Punta de Mita, Punta de Mita, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 42 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Cuisines: Italian
Description: New management/menu for 2010/2011 season - Rivals Des Artistes for ambiance, service. Very elegant but affordable. Italian/continental cuisine. Spectacar wine list but also "affordable" beverage options. Don't know why they don't have a website, but certainly deserve a TA listing. Pizzas will stuff two. Try three cheese. I suggested Cafe Como No Cafe and see they now have a TA "following." This is for a completely different market, but really good. we lioe here 4-5 months a year. agree with your other listings/rankings but this also deserves recognition.
Columbus, Ohio
“High recommend! Excellent food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This has one of the best views & most romantic settings of all the restaurants in Punta de Mita! It's located at the end of the street, and has a quiet and intimate setting-- I love that's it's not over crowded & doesn't serve chips. After a few days of eating in Mexico I get tired of chips and margaritas. The food (especially the Pizza) is amazing, and they have a really good wine list too! The service is also by far one of the most attentive in the area. I'd highly recommend that you give this a try even though it's not as crowded as all the other restaurants in the area! Crowds are not always good-- You'll be pleasantly surprised!

Visited November 2013

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Before was better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't know what happen, maybe need to be managed better, I went with a friend, she just will be joining me with a dessert and I wanted a light dinner, besides been not too crowded it took around 5 min to get attention of someone to get a table, then when we asked the desserts menu immediately waiter told us that due to high season the desserts were finshed (19:00) the only they had was Ice cream, I ordered a portobello and gorgonzola salad but it was mainly cheese and never found the portobello, once we got the meals waiters never came back until we finished, I requested a coffee but waiter again said that the machine was broken so there was no coffe, waiter suggested a liquor, it was something "hot" he said he will get back with a suggestion but never came back until we requested the bill... beautiful layout and sea view but very disappointed with service!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great, inexpensive, delicious food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Italian in Mexico! Not only was the food delicious, authentic, but the ambiance of this "joint" was a lot of fun (patio = funky architecture, occasional mariachis). We were greeted at the door, shown to a seaside table, and were served warm bread, and marinated olives that were so good... The wine list is ample. Seafood risotto is tasty and the pizzas were thin crust, and lovely. If you're behind the resort wall, break out, and dip your toe in this delicious eatery. You won't be sorry. Cash/Pesos only!

Los Angeles, California
“We had dinner here TWICE.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Visited Punta de Mita for the second time with a friend this past April, and we both LOVED Villagio. I wish I'd taken pictures of the place itself, because it had such a wonderful ambience. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE palapas and traditional Mexican decor, but it was kind of nice to find a place with European/Italian flair. Yes, a bit pricey for Punta de Mita (as are most of the beach places) but compared to similar fare in California, a VERY good deal.

Out of all the places we had drinks in Mita, I loved the drinks here best (granted, I didn't do an official Mita bar crawl, but still...). The cucumber Margarita was AMAZING. I'd never had one before - the glass was rimmed with cayenne pepper (?) and salt, which was a nice touch and complement to the cool cucumber drink. View was outstanding of course - ask for a table right by the beach. It's next door to Margarita's too, so you can enjoy the same view of the sun going down beyond the jetty.

Food: outstanding. Someone had recommended the Fruti di Mare Risotto to me and it did NOT disappoint - in fact, I had it for dinner both times we went. Luscious, creamy, with a bit of tang from the tomato sauce, and the seafood was SO fresh. My friend is vegan, but they were able to whip up a delicious pasta dish for her, so she was happy. I wish I could remember our awesome waiter's name (I feel so bad) - he was great, and kept refilling our glasses of Pinot Grigio without asking. I'm going back in July and will definitely be stopping there again!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mexico
“Best pizza I've had in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Amazing wood burning oven, great pizzas. Pasta bolognese was ok, not enough meat but tasty nonetheless. Got takeout twice this week & great service. Drinks a little pricey but a definite must visit for their pizzas.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere