“We had dinner here TWICE.” 5 of 5 stars

Restaurant Row, Punta de Mita, Punta de Mita, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 38 Restaurants in Punta de Mita
Cuisines: Italian
Description: New management/menu for 2010/2011 season - Rivals Des Artistes for ambiance, service. Very elegant but affordable. Italian/continental cuisine. Spectacar wine list but also "affordable" beverage options. Don't know why they don't have a website, but certainly deserve a TA listing. Pizzas will stuff two. Try three cheese. I suggested Cafe Como No Cafe and see they now have a TA "following." This is for a completely different market, but really good. we lioe here 4-5 months a year. agree with your other listings/rankings but this also deserves recognition.
Los Angeles, California
“We had dinner here TWICE.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Visited Punta de Mita for the second time with a friend this past April, and we both LOVED Villagio. I wish I'd taken pictures of the place itself, because it had such a wonderful ambience. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE palapas and traditional Mexican decor, but it was kind of nice to find a place with European/Italian flair. Yes, a bit pricey for Punta de Mita (as are most of the beach places) but compared to similar fare in California, a VERY good deal.

Out of all the places we had drinks in Mita, I loved the drinks here best (granted, I didn't do an official Mita bar crawl, but still...). The cucumber Margarita was AMAZING. I'd never had one before - the glass was rimmed with cayenne pepper (?) and salt, which was a nice touch and complement to the cool cucumber drink. View was outstanding of course - ask for a table right by the beach. It's next door to Margarita's too, so you can enjoy the same view of the sun going down beyond the jetty.

Food: outstanding. Someone had recommended the Fruti di Mare Risotto to me and it did NOT disappoint - in fact, I had it for dinner both times we went. Luscious, creamy, with a bit of tang from the tomato sauce, and the seafood was SO fresh. My friend is vegan, but they were able to whip up a delicious pasta dish for her, so she was happy. I wish I could remember our awesome waiter's name (I feel so bad) - he was great, and kept refilling our glasses of Pinot Grigio without asking. I'm going back in July and will definitely be stopping there again!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Mexico
“Best pizza I've had in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Amazing wood burning oven, great pizzas. Pasta bolognese was ok, not enough meat but tasty nonetheless. Got takeout twice this week & great service. Drinks a little pricey but a definite must visit for their pizzas.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Wonderful view, food and wait staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Had a great table by the beach area. Ate the seafood risotto which was wonderful. The wait staff suggested a wonderful wine to go with the risotto. Would definately go again.

Visited April 2012
Marengo, Illinois
“Very good and romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

very good food and great staff. ocean views quiet candle light dinners.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chapala, Mexico
“Romantic on the Ocean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

We enjoyed dinner here. The food was excellent. Recorded music was romantic Italian. Prices are higher than we would expect in such a casual beach town. Most customers were expats. Only real downside was competitive music from the restaurant next door. We will dine here again.

Visited January 2012