“Best Smoked Marlin...great maggies too!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sacramento
“Best Smoked Marlin...great maggies too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nov 2, 2012 - Fantastic swim on the beach right there by the restaurant, really good margarita and fantastic smoked marlin and guac small plate. Good service, reasonable in price, terrific view.

• Visited November 2012

87% Recommend
“Nice fishing village, great beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Different menu than most. Fantastic food. Usually one of the best places to go. This time although the food was great, the service was very poor. We had to ask for everything, the waiter seemed to not want to wait on us. Couldn't get another drink. Was disappointed

Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had the pleasure of having my rehearsal dinner at The Original El Anclote and cannot say enough nice things to do it justice. Leticia and her staff went out of their way to create a fun and inviting atmosphere for 40 of our closest friends and relatives, with flowers, music, and a seafood menu. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable, and the view cannot be measured. It was more than I had expected and I will definitely be back to visit our new friends.

• Visited September 2012
Galena,IL
“Yummy Breakfast on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is a good choice for a casual breakfast or lunch, right on the beach, a wonderful view to accompany your meal.

Visited April 2012
Punta de Mita, Mexico
“A great bday party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and his friend set up a birthday party for me and my friend who celebrates the same week I do. It was just amazing. Leticia had set up a beautiful table facing the ocean for 14 of us. It was nicely decorated and our area was sort of set aside to privately enjoy the ocassion. Everyone ordered from the menu and all were very pleased. I had the best steak I've ever had in Mexico. It was tender and beautifully flavored. All the plates had amazing presentations! To top off everything, the service was attentive, unobtrusive, and spot on. We were a very happy table! I was surprised to be entertained by a wonderful trio of great musicians, two playing guitars and one playing a harp. WOW! They were good. I've never had harp music tableside before, but I hope to sometime again soon! Go to the Original El Anclote, you will not be disappointed!

• Visited April 2012