“good beach restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
chapala, mexico
“good beach restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

nice setting and good ceviche and camaron a la plancha. Decent prices
watch the rocks if you go swimming

Visited December 2012

89% Recommend
South Bend, Indiana
“I look forward to this every trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Some places you have history, some places you jusr like, and some places you feel like you belong. El Dorado hits all these notes for me.

I know many of the staff and even a few of the beach vendors by this point. They always recognize me and greet me warmly. The margaritas are excellent, and you can kick back in a beach chair for hours if you want to. It's a good swimming beach, by the way.

If you want to be a bit more formal, there's a two level dining area under a palapa roof. As I was dining with my mother and step-father today - that's what we opted for. When my wife, daughter and I come it's the beach chairs!

I've always found their seafood reliable, but you should read the menu carefully and ask questions. For most dishes they offer several styles of preparation. I had a grilled red snapper today which was fantastic.

It's not fast food, so if you're in a hurry this propably isn't the best choice. But as for me.... I love the joint.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado City, Colorado
“great food and good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Location is awesome, food is great and cheaper than the other restaurants around. Also the waiters were nice and attentive. We will visit them again soon.

Visited November 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great beach bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Loved the yellow and green tablecloths. And the buckets of beer, cleanest washrooms around. Great chicken nachos.

Visited November 2012
Oakland, California
“Decent breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I wish there were a way to do 3.5 stars -- I'd say this was better than average, but not quite very good. Good. I had chilequiles, which were quite good, and some good bacon. My dining companion had machaca, which were less successful. Service was very nice, but also quite slow.

Visited October 2012