“Excellent Resort, but not quite there.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free!
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
“Excellent Resort, but not quite there.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Best parts:
1. The service is the best I have ever experienced (we are frequent guests at Four Seasons Maui and this was way better). People went above and beyond to do anything we needed.
2. Breakfast and lunch at Ketsi: Best breakfast buffet ever! The table side Guacamole was the best I have ever had.
3. The main pool is absolutely stunning
4. Met a lot of friendly fun people here, not a pretentious crowd.

Worst Part:
1. Dinner Restaurants: The food was okay, but at a Four Seasons resort I expected at least one dinner restaurant that would be a 5 Star experience. Nothing even came close, this was a huge problem for us and probably the biggest downfall of the resort.

Bad Part:
1. The adult pool is in a really strange spot. A long walk from the main pool and no view of the ocean. The adult pool was quiet enough that it didn't matter and we stayed there. The view and location of FSPM is so lovely, I wish the adult pool had the view that the rest of the resort has.

Other things:
It is a very large resort, so there is a lot of walking. However, that didn't bother me. The property is so beautiful that it feels like you are walking through a cool jungle. Also, I am pretty sure that any of the staff members would be happy to give you a ride on their golf carts.

The room had a faint sewer smell starting on day 3, but we didn't want to change rooms, so we put up with it. I am sure they would have happily switched us if we had asked.

There are a couple of other really picky things that bothered me, they only bothered me due to the fact that I hold Four Seasons to a higher standard based on previous experience.

I think if they fix a couple things (New Restaurant!) they could really be one of the best. I just don't know if the prices are worth it as it is now. I don't think I would return unless they made some changes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Once you arrive at the facilities, you realise you have just arrived to paradise! The personnel is the best, really friendly and professional. The facilities are amazing, small details are the things that surprise you. Truly recommended, sincerely there is nothing negative I can recall about this hotel. I would definitely return. Mexico is awesome!

Room Tip: Choose Ocean View!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Spent four nights in Punta Mita back in April. What a little piece of paradise. Great food, great staff and the setting is just phenomenal. Golf courses aren't too shabby either. Hope I get to make it back some day!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We spent a few days at Four Seasons a few months ago. We were there with our son who was under 2 years old at the time. Overall we were very impressed with friendliness of the staff. Everyone from the servers to the gardeners greeted us with hola and a smile everywhere we went. Everyone seem genuinely happy to be there and see us. The beach attendants remembered our chair preferences and the servers all remember my son's name by day 2. This was the friendliest Four Seasons we've stayed in and was much better than the Ritz Cancun. The only so so experiences we had was our first night's dinner at the Bahia. We ordered raw oysters for appetizers and the first one I had was bad and I had to go and rinse my mouth. The staff merely apologized and took the plate away and that was the end of it. Although we were not charged for it, being Four Seasons, I would have expected they would have tried to suggest other appetizers. Other fine dining establishments would have done more to make up for serving bad oysters. After this experience, we actually never ate at any of the other restaurants in property, except for breakfast and took taxi into town every night for dinner. The other not so great thing is that the AC unit in our room was really, really loud when it comes on. We stayed in La Luna (not sure of the room, 601?). Again, those were the only not so great experiences and were minor compared to everything else, especially the people. They were wonderful and made us feel so welcome! We'll go back again. In fact, we are going back in a few weeks, but we still plan on eating in town!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We come here every year, as it's just a two-hour flight and one-hour drive from Houston. The property is huge, with two private beaches, a large infinity family pool that's one of the nicest I've ever seen, and a separate adults-only pool. There's an excellent fitness center that never seems to be crowded, and there are three very good but quite expensive restaurants. There are also two completely private beaches with palapas and incredibly comfortable lounge chairs. There seems to be about one staff member per guest; the service is the best of any place we've ever been, including many other Four Seasons. The one negative is that from time to time there are large groups here that can dominate the pool and beach areas and be quite noisy. You may want to check when making reservations to be sure that's not the case during your stay.

Room Tip: Most rooms have views of the beautiful Pacific.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We just returned from a wonderful family vacation at the Four Seasons in Punta Mita. If you are looking for a wonderful resort experience, you need not look any further. This property is perfect! Everything you could want from a stay at an upscale hotel is at your fingertips, and the people are so wonderful and helpful. We couldn't ask for more. There are amenities for every traveler of every age. And everything is so classy and tasteful. You never feel crowded, out of place, or put upon to buy anything (like is common at so many resorts in Mexico). Just an all-around amazing vacation for the whole family.

If I had one complaint, it would be the lack of availability of reasonably-priced food. Yes, I understand it is a high-end property, and yes I understand that this is to be expected, but it sure would be nice to not have to drop $50 just to get some decent snacks by the pool or sandwiches for the beach. And a venture outside of the property to purchase some things on your own will still cost you $20 in cab fare, so you might as well just stay. I think next time we go (and there will be a next time) we will make a stop at the market before we arrive!

Room Tip: We had a garden villa with a plunge pool and a hammock. It was awesome. Beware of the "jungle...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's hard to expect more from a Four Seasons property. However, I'd have to say the Four Seasons Punta Mita surpassed our expectations! Our last trip was to the Four Seasons Whistler and they had great service and made skiing a pleasure (taking your skis up and down). The Punta Mita resort greeted us with refreshments and carted us off to our amazing view rooms. The staff is very attentive and I could see that they were genuinely happy to see that your needs were met. Very professional and very polite staff! The resort grounds were very well kept and the pools, lazy river and adult areas were pristine. The restaurant offerings were delicious and we tried all of them more than once during our stay (Ketsi, Bahia, Aramara and the Cora Lounge). Would highly recommend to anyone and everyone!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the Ocean View rooms are the best!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Aurora C, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Rob P,
I am glad to learn that you had such a great experience in Paradise!! Thank you so much for all your positive comments about our restaurants, pools and lazy river, I will make sure to share your comments with the team. Finally, I think you described it the best way possible, it is a pleasure and we are genuinely happy to meet guests like you!
Thanks a lot,
#4 of 10 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 stars 1,210 reviews
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium

Been to Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita? Share your experiences!