“Sunsets and Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Denver, Colorado
“Sunsets and Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've been to many of the Four Season's, including the one in Bora Bora about 5 times and this resort ranks close to the top as far as paradise goes. We got a one-bedroom suite with a plunge pool on the ocean, and it was spectacular. The sunsets are worth the suite, but when you add the plunge pool, it's very romantic and relaxing. Getting to the resort is a short 45 minute ride from the airport and you are greeted with fresh towels and a welcome cocktail. While most of the check-in is done at the main reception, I prefer a suite-check-in which is done in Bora Bora. The service is classic Four Season's and while you're at the beach or at the pool, you will be pampered beyond belief. Like many of the resort Four Season's, they cater to group or incentive group travel, and there was a large group during our stay. With plenty of facilities, it never seemed crowded. The food was excellent, and room service perfect. This is one resort, where you just want to unpack and enjoy the resort. While there are plenty of activities, this resort really cultivates enjoying the wonderful weather and sunsets. If I were to redesign the resort, I'd have a separate golf cart access (the staff uses the carts for deliveries, room service, cleaning, etc.) as the guests use for walking. The walkways are just wide enough for the gold carts to get by - and they are courteous by completely stopping while you pass by walking (but must really slow them down). Other than that, the resort runs very efficiently. The staff will treat you like royalty. This is one resort that has easy access by flights from around the country and one that I'll visit frequently. The resort and rooms are on the high end of most of the Four Season's, but well worth it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ocean with a plunge pool. The views of the sunsets, and the soothing sounds of th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Miramar Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

You get what you pay for and this place was worth every dollar. To those not used to five star resorts it may be a price shock but my wife and I have paid over $2000 a night for hotels around the world and this Four seasons is the best value we've seen anywhere.

Staff was even better than Asian luxury hotels which are the best in the world, the difference being that Four seasons staff from pool guys to servers remembered our name.

Room Tip: Pay for an ocean view...it's worth it!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We came to this resort for our honeymoon and got the all-inclusive package so that we wouldn't have to worry about drinks and extras while we were celebrating. I made sure to tell the bartender or server EVERY TIME I ordered that we wanted only drinks that were included in our package. Sure enough, when we went to pay our bill at check-out, they tried to add charges for drinks and bottles of wine to our bill. I did not want to spend my honeymoon arguing to have charges taken off of the bill, which is why we paid the exorbitant rate for the all-inclusive package.

Even worse, more than a full month after we returned home, I saw a charge on my credit card (one that I never use, and thus don't check every month) for an extra $200 for something they "accidentally" forgot to charge us with at check-out. Never heard back from the hotel after complaining.

Otherwise, the hotel was nice. Service is very hit or miss. Some members of staff are awesome, some are rude and completely ignore you. With their unethical billing policies, we will definitely not be coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Miramar Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I spend a week here in January. Initially I was a bit hesitant because of the price, but expensive as it is, I must say it was a fair value for the money. The resort is beautiful and secluded and perfectly maintained. The pools could not have been better and the room (we had a simple Garden View room) was well appointed, roomy and very comfortable with a delightful patio. We ate at all three restaurants and every meal was simply superb. But what really stands out is the service and the personnel. I can't imagine how one could do better. Everyone we encountered -- without exception -- was polite, friendly and seemed to go out of their way to make our stay enjoyable in every possible way. The hotel concierge suggested many exciting and enjoyable activities (try the horse back riding, the ATM trip and whale watching) as well as excellent restaurants both on and off the resort. But for the language and flying into Puerto Vallarta, we almost forgot we were even in Mexico. This is a truly outstanding resort that could be at any great location in the world. I can't quite imagine how one could do better! We'll be back.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I was at the 4 Seasons Punta Mita in 2010 for a meeting, and decided to return for a vacation this year. Many times when I return to a resort a second time I'm not as impressed as I was on the first trip.

This certainly wasn't the case here. Everything was perfect ! Great facility, outstanding service, wonderful dining, and the best hotel staff I've ever been around.

Kudo's to 4 Seasons Punta Mita........................we'll see you again next year.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I had a simply great time at this hotel right from arrival till departure , the service has been outstanding . Very professional and friendly staff to ensure that you are in the mid of complete comfort and luxury. Look no further than Four Seasons Punta Mita.

Room Tip: Oceanview and also gardenview are the good rooms to choose. If you are low on budget then you can ch...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Enjoyed staying here for a corporate event. The service staff are extremely attentive and thoughtful. They excel in anticipating your needs and personalizing service. The hotel and grounds have been constructed so as to maximize privacy, provide great views, and maintain a more quaint and secluded atmosphere, while still providing a wide variety of amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita? Share your experiences!