“A visit to paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Punta de Mita
mexico
“A visit to paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Once again, I am convinced about the quality of a great hotel.
Since they pick us up from the airport, they make you feel welcome...We arrived at the hotel and large Mango Margaritas served just stepping out of the van to make us feel like queens.
The hotel is beautiful, the service is amazing, the beaches pristine, the food....unbelievable...I didn´t want to leave paradise...where everybody knows your name..

Room Tip: The hotel is so amazing, any room would be fine

818 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just returned from another great trip to the Four Seasons Punta Mita. This was our fourth time staying at the resort and it just keeps getting better! When we arrived it was like being back home. The familiar faces, the warm greetings, the extra special touches to welcome us back. We have vacationed here during summer months and this was our first time in Spring. Weather…PERFECT! Occupancy…busier than the summer months as it was Spring Break, but at this property there is so much space that it never seemed crowded. Plus if you are traveling with kids, this is a great time to visit if your kids enjoy meeting new "friends." I cannot say enough about this resort. It is truly one of a kind! The grounds, the rooms, the spa, the gym, the restaurants, the facilities, the staff, etc. etc. etc. Many people are AFRAID to travel to Mexico…DON'T BE! This resort is completely safe, the kids can wander around and you can feel totally secure. The staff is so accomodating in every aspect and the resort makes every effort to make your stay the most enjoyable and memorable. We went to Maui last summer for a change…Nope won't be doing that again, this Four Seasons is the BEST!
Upon our checkout, as we were trying to hang onto the few more moments we had, the General Manager, John O' Sullivan came out to say hello. He sat with us for about 25 minutes asking us about our stay. He was interested in our "kids" perspectives too as the resort is updating a few things this coming year. Most of the time you don't even see a GM unless you have a problem but we "chatted" with John as if he were a good friend we hadn't seen in a while. Just that is impresive! Well… I could probably write forever on this resort (I almost want to keep this place a secret) however…We LOVE this place so much that another outstanding review was necessary and very much earned. We can't wait to return-sooner than I think:))- The Giuffrida Family

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Relaxing, beautiful, perfect service, perfect stay. Stayed here with my wife a couple years ago. Just now getting around to writing a review. But it is a great place. Quick flight to PV, 45m drive and youre there. Private beaches, white sand, great snorkeling in front. Multiple pools. Great bar pool well stocked with the finest tequilas. You will not go away unhappy. This place is perfectly done.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Punta Mita is a special place. The Four Seasons resort is not only a physically beautiful place, the staff and service at the resort are top notch. We have been to many Four Seasons, and short of the two resorts in Hawaii, Punta Mita is right next to them in terms of service and setting. It is not as polished, but the rustic setting and building style seems to fit the ruggedness of the location very well. The restaurants were excellent, golf courses are beautiful, watersports are great fun, and in March, you can see whales jumping in the ocean off the beach! Highly recommend this resort as a first class family destination. The resort had 98% occupancy during our week's stay, and it never felt crowded.

Gardner, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I really was surprised with this resort in Mexico. I was a little nervous to go to Mexico but you feel completely safe. The resort was gorgeous and you are pampered! The Spa could use some work. I have stayed at other Four Seaons before and I was not impressed wtih the Spa here. They need to step it up a little.

Room Tip: We had a room around the lazy river...veiws were limited and since the pool was right below our room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
adames188, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Punta Mita, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Julebuz,

Than you very much for your generous and kind words! We love the fact that you enjoyed this little slice of Heaven! As for our Spa, we definitely hear you and that is why our owners and we as Four Seasons are planning an important and necessary renovation of the spa space in order to provide a true Four Seasons spa experience to our guests.

Thank you for your true and welcomed feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Paradise and experience the spa when it has been completed.

Jose Adames, Resort Manager
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just returned from staying 4 nights at the Four Seasons Punta Mita. I'm wondering if it's not fair to compare this property to the last one we visited, Four Seasons in Chiang Mai, but that was the expectation that I had going in and this was nowhere near as polished. I think the issue at heart is they kept building when they should have stopped 5 or 6 building earlier. Understanding it is Spring Break but when you're spending over a grand a night for a room I would assume that I wouldn't be told that there are no seats at the beach and that if I'd like a day bed I should arrive at the beach at around a quarter to 7 in the morning. Wow, not the kind of luxury I was hoping for. So eventually they found us some seats but we were told if we wanted seats the next day we would have to make reservations with them. Wondering why we couldn't just ask them to reserve right then and there, they explained that couldn't be done until the evening. Lots of discussion on a seemingly trivial issue that I really wasn't expecting to dominate my day.

Second issue was the restaurants. Requesting a reservation at the Asian themed restaurant, I was told there was no space until 9pm. We decided to just stop by on our way to another restaurant at around 7:15 and were told we could be seated right away. Literally every table (I'm guessing around 20+) in the inside area was empty. When we left there was one other table being used inside. Happy to be fed but frustrated that this couldn't be easier. I enjoy that everyone within talking distance says good day and while a few employees tried to remember my name, nobody actually got it. Comparing to the experience in Chiang Mai where even the gardener wished me good day by name further shows that the staff in Punta Mita, while fantastic and motivated, is simply overwhelmed by the sheer number of guests.

It's fine to build as large of a resort as they'd like, but I believe they are diluting the brand by calling this a Four Seasons. We ended up leaving and going to the St. Regis which we all found much more calming and had enough seats (even cabanas!) for its guests without having to spend an afternoon arranging it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
adames188, Manager at Four Seasons Punta Mita, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Ozone92,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on you recent visit. I am very sorry to hear that we did not live up to the expectations of a Four Seasons experience. Based on your comments I can sympathize with you if I had to live through those experiences. I must admit this is not like our resort and staff to provide this type of experience. I truly apologize for the fact that we did not get you right during your vacation. I promise you that we will do what it takes to make this right again and I would love the opportunity to speak to you personally and understand how we can change your perception and make you a life long fan. Please let me know how I can contact you if you would be so kind to give me a few minutes of your time.

Humbly yours,

Jose Adames, Resort Manager
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Fantastic service and amenities, as you would expect at a Four Seasons! The property was extraordinarily clean from the guest rooms to the spa to the pools and beachfront. All staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. The security was very stringent getting in and out of the hotel property which made us feel very comfortable and safe. I wish I never had to leave!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Four Seasons Punta Mita? Share your experiences!