“Wonderful Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Punta de Mita
Gardner, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I really was surprised with this resort in Mexico. I was a little nervous to go to Mexico but you feel completely safe. The resort was gorgeous and you are pampered! The Spa could use some work. I have stayed at other Four Seaons before and I was not impressed wtih the Spa here. They need to step it up a little.

Room Tip: We had a room around the lazy river...veiws were limited and since the pool was right below our room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
adames188, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Punta Mita, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Julebuz,

Than you very much for your generous and kind words! We love the fact that you enjoyed this little slice of Heaven! As for our Spa, we definitely hear you and that is why our owners and we as Four Seasons are planning an important and necessary renovation of the spa space in order to provide a true Four Seasons spa experience to our guests.

Thank you for your true and welcomed feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Paradise and experience the spa when it has been completed.

Jose Adames, Resort Manager

836 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Just returned from staying 4 nights at the Four Seasons Punta Mita. I'm wondering if it's not fair to compare this property to the last one we visited, Four Seasons in Chiang Mai, but that was the expectation that I had going in and this was nowhere near as polished. I think the issue at heart is they kept building when they should have stopped 5 or 6 building earlier. Understanding it is Spring Break but when you're spending over a grand a night for a room I would assume that I wouldn't be told that there are no seats at the beach and that if I'd like a day bed I should arrive at the beach at around a quarter to 7 in the morning. Wow, not the kind of luxury I was hoping for. So eventually they found us some seats but we were told if we wanted seats the next day we would have to make reservations with them. Wondering why we couldn't just ask them to reserve right then and there, they explained that couldn't be done until the evening. Lots of discussion on a seemingly trivial issue that I really wasn't expecting to dominate my day.

Second issue was the restaurants. Requesting a reservation at the Asian themed restaurant, I was told there was no space until 9pm. We decided to just stop by on our way to another restaurant at around 7:15 and were told we could be seated right away. Literally every table (I'm guessing around 20+) in the inside area was empty. When we left there was one other table being used inside. Happy to be fed but frustrated that this couldn't be easier. I enjoy that everyone within talking distance says good day and while a few employees tried to remember my name, nobody actually got it. Comparing to the experience in Chiang Mai where even the gardener wished me good day by name further shows that the staff in Punta Mita, while fantastic and motivated, is simply overwhelmed by the sheer number of guests.

It's fine to build as large of a resort as they'd like, but I believe they are diluting the brand by calling this a Four Seasons. We ended up leaving and going to the St. Regis which we all found much more calming and had enough seats (even cabanas!) for its guests without having to spend an afternoon arranging it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
adames188, Manager at Four Seasons Punta Mita, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Ozone92,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts on you recent visit. I am very sorry to hear that we did not live up to the expectations of a Four Seasons experience. Based on your comments I can sympathize with you if I had to live through those experiences. I must admit this is not like our resort and staff to provide this type of experience. I truly apologize for the fact that we did not get you right during your vacation. I promise you that we will do what it takes to make this right again and I would love the opportunity to speak to you personally and understand how we can change your perception and make you a life long fan. Please let me know how I can contact you if you would be so kind to give me a few minutes of your time.

Humbly yours,

Jose Adames, Resort Manager
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Fantastic service and amenities, as you would expect at a Four Seasons! The property was extraordinarily clean from the guest rooms to the spa to the pools and beachfront. All staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. The security was very stringent getting in and out of the hotel property which made us feel very comfortable and safe. I wish I never had to leave!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Four Seasons Punta Mita in the autumm of 2012 and it was a great experience. The service was excellent the rooms and the property were very nice. We have a 2 yr old and it was a very friendly hotel for her too. They arranged transportation for us from and to the airport and everything was great. We would definetely stay there if we went back to Punta Mita.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

There are five star resorts, and then there are the Four Seasons. Was this absolutely the most perfect hotel I've ever stayed in? No, but it's close. Like any Four Seasons property, it is beautiful, and it features the best of everything. The grounds are immaculate and artistically landscaped. The rooms have amazing beds (as in you lie back in them, and don't care if you ever move again), quality amenties, and you will not find anything that is second rate. In fact, you will not find anything for wanting, unless you want your room service eggs hard cooked.

But the real reason you go to the Four Seasons is the service. From the waiter walking out over the infinity pool wall to deliver me a bottle of water (because he over heard me comment to my wife that I was thirsty) to the poolside guy whose express job it is is to clean your sunglasses for you, there are staff everywhere whose job is to anticipate your every need. And they do it well.

Sunscreen (70, 50 and 15 spf) for free everywhere you look, attendant staff waiting to refresh your towel or bring you the cocktail that is not on the menu, service is everything to this resort. "Sir, you are starting to look a bit red. I brought you some sunscreen in case you wish to avoid a sunburn"

It is also remarkably secluded, in a private area through which you must pass multiple security-guarded-checkpoints.

I have one cardinal rule of travel, and that is one should never pass up the opportunity to stay at a Four Seasons resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The good: a great hotel, fantastic views on Pacific, good restaurants, friendly service includes complimentary snacks and drinks in a gated town with 3 hotels and private villas.

A trained sea lion comes ou on the beach on Fridays (in season).

The bad: It is so isolated I could have been anywhere in the world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The resort was amazing. The grounds are beautiful. The staff was outstanding! They were friendly and constantly making sure that we were doing ok, the staff here even seemed resistant to tips, although we would sometimes insist as they were so great.
The resort is very secluded and quite.
The rooms are ok, nothing spectacular. But had everything we needed. We stayed in a garden view.
The restaurants were good, I see a lot of reviews that they are expensive, but I thought the prices were exactly what to expect from a four seasons restaurant.
If you want a day bed at the beach, get there early.
There are definitely a lot of families, although there is an adult pool to get away from this.
On Oscar night they had a very cute Oscar party complete with red carpet and paparazzi photos! Very well done!
My only complaint is that we were not told about the lazy river, and apparently this is one of the best parts of the resort, also a couple of the days we rented a cabana by the adult pool. The cabana came with an iPod dock and we were told that we had to turn our music down.....( very politely I will add), as it was too loud for the other guests. Why allow music?
Overall a GREAT stay and will definitely be back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Punta Mita? Share your experiences!