“Amazing hotel and gorgeous servicel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
mexico
“Amazing hotel and gorgeous servicel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

We stayed there for the three most amazing days of my life! It was my birthday, they made sure that everything would be perfect.the food is awesome, the rooms, amenities! The golf cart rides everywhere.....the margaritas waiting for us at the room, we fell we were in Paradise. You can feel it is an expensive hotel, it is not, it is worth every penny you pay for it!

• Stayed March 2011
MGMexico, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Dear BDadora

Thank you so much fo choosing to celebrate your birthday at our resort. I am gald that you enjoyed the margaritas - they do seem to taste bettr when you are looking out at the beachs and ocean.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We went to celebrate our sons 1st birthday. When we arrived to our suite, they had a plate with a sugar cookie decorated with our sons name and a box of chocolate milk. Immediately we knew they understood why we were there and how wonderful it would be. Service every step of the way was flawless. Each day as we arrived to the pool, the staff would drape our lounges with the soft towels and set up the playpen for our son to nap in. Every hour or so a snack or beverage would be brought around the pool for all the guests to enjoy. Each time it was tasty. On the day of my sons birthday he was wished Happy Birthday by every guest he encountered. They made it such a special time for us all. The room was amazing. We had a suite with a kitchen and a plunge pool. We didn't use it much, but it was nice to have the few times we plunged in. We had dinner each night on the beach at Bahia. Each night was better than the last. Fresh seafood, attentive service and beautiful views. We could not have asked for more. We can't wait to go back!!

One quick note… August is supposed to be the rainy season and each day for a week prior to leaving I checked the weather report. Every day looked bad for our stay. Something about the location must be sacred… although it was raining near the hotel each day, it never rained at the hotel during our stay except for overnight. I think it must be the perfect location to shield from the day rain storms.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Dear Enzodamico

I am delighted that you celebrated your son's first birthday with us. Our team takes a lot of pride in making celebrations as special as we can.

Thank your for your kind comments - especially about your enjoyable meals at Bahia.

I am not sure that we can take any credit for keeping the rain storms at bay but our concierge does have pretty good connections!

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Bend Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

For the folks who have written less than glowing reviews, you expectations are out of line! My wife and I spent 5 days there and just returned today. Everything was simply superb, the service, the food, the room, the pool... the list goes on an on.... Well done to the staff of the Four Seasons at Punta Mita. We will be back.

Room Tip: If its fits your budget the rooms with the plunge pool are excellent
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MGMexico, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Dear Donjo_ms

Thank you for visiting Punta Mita with your wife and for your kind comments. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service, the food and the rooms and most of all - the staff! The team will be very happy to hear your feedback!

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We spent a long weekend recently at this sprawling resort less than an hour's drive from PVR Airport. It was a Birthday treat for my wife and we went with our soon to be teenage son. Since it was a short visit, I wanted to plan a few things and worked with the Concierge to book our travel and a few trips. A shout out to Anita at the Concierge desk for arranging everything in advance -- we could not be more pleased.

We were greeted at the Airport with cold towels and water and whisked away in a SUV to the hotel. A few surprises awaited my family -- a margarita and guac welcome at the room along with champagne and cake for her birthday - she was thrilled. We were upgrade to an Oceanfront Suite with its own mini plunge pool and hammock. Two jumps from the plunge pool and we would have been over the cliffs into the ocean -- ha ha.

The property is sprawling and we were taken around the property by the nicest bellman who's name I wish I could remember. No tall buildings just casitas spread around a tropical paradise with two beaches with a view of the ROCK.

There was a downpour just as we were finishing our drinks and just like a normal tropical storm -- it ended in an hour -- we then walked to their Bahia Grill for one of the most romantic dinners in our life -- the Grill is on the Beach. Picture the setting it is dusk, and the rain clouds are out in the distance and there is lightening streaking across the sky and thunder follows it. We are served the best sea food platter we can remember eating -- 'breadfish",scallops, shrimp, calamari and octopus grilled to perfection with an olive oil herb marinade -- Wow. They had a cake for my wife to complete the meal and we gulped down two amazing margaritas.

We enjoyed the service at breakfast and lunch at Ketsi. The Carnitas and the fajitas and the chiaquiles just to name a few. Our son who's learning Spanish in school was trying to practice it with the waiters and they helped him tremendously. As with the other FS, they all remember you and call you by name everywhere in the resort.

The FS organized a trip to the Marietas Islands -- we left by boat right from their beach and had a spectacular snorkeling trip in about 3hours.

The pools are what you would expect at a FS with the freebies thrown in with smoothies and ice-creams. One of the best pools we enjoyed is their lazy river -- reminded me of Disneyland without the crowds and the disney stories -- great place to laze around and eat when you felt like. We did not wear watches and they dont have clocks around. We looked at the sun in the sky to estimate the time and when our stomachs growled, we ate. The hotel was not very full but even if it was, it is a huge place with just over 100 rooms so I am sure you won't feel packed. It was amazing to go to the beach and see just half a dozen beach chairs and cabanas occupied. We did go into the ocean but the beach is rocky -- so not for long

My wife had a great massage at the SPA. We also took the taxi into town to walk around and check out a restaurant there.

After the hustle and bustle of Puerto Vallarta, the Punta Mita area is quite calm and relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed the five star service, the food and the people and of course our ocean front suite. We will be back.

Our thanks to the pool staff, the bellman, the wait staff at Ketsi along with the concierge desk for making this an amazing trip for us.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are worth it
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MGMexico, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Dear belomiser

Thank you very much for saying at our resort and for your wonderful comments which I look forwarding to sharing with the team - especially Ana at the concierge..

I am glad you enjoyed the seafood - it does make a difference when it is freshly caught.

I hope that we have a chance to welcome you back again soon. We will have a tube ready in the Lazy River for you!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I recently returned from our anniversary trip to this property. We had a glorious time! The service was impeccable from check in to check out, and there were many little touches that impressed us. I am 6 months pregnant, and there was a pregnancy pillow waiting in the room for me along with some handouts about pregnancy. We were in a gorgeous oceanfront room and were treated to champagne, chocolate covered apples and strawberries. There was always fresh fruit and bottled water waiting for us at the end of the day.

Dining was truly a pleasure. I have celiac disease and am unable to consume anything with gluten. We informed the 4S about this prior to our arrival. The chefs at every restaurant were able to accommodate my dietary restrictions from pancakes and waffles at breakfast, to pizza for room service and garlic bread with our meals at all restaurants. We ate fresh, daily caught seafood at Bahia, wonderful Mexican fare at Ketsi’s, and burgers and Mexican specialties on the beach. We were very impressed that every individual we encountered was familiar and comfortable with my dietary restrictions and really went out of their way to assist us.

The spa was simple but adequate. It would have been nice to have a plunge pool and other spa amenities. These may have been available if the adult pool was open but since renovations were ongoing, I did not get to view or enjoy them. However, the wonderful prenatal massage I received from Maria more than made up for it. We did not use the gym but saw that it was more than adequate and had an array of equipment and machines.

The beach was a bit rocky and because of the strong winds, the waves were a little rough. We were fortunate to have daily use of a daybed on the beach which made our day long visits to the beach comfortable for me. The beach service was spectacular! Every need was anticipated and no request was too difficult. There were regular rounds of water, cold towels, evian spritzes, frappucinos, smoothies and haagen daz ice cream. Kudos to Alejandro, Jorge and crew…

We also spent some time at the lazy river and enjoyed the relaxation in this area. Quiet in the offseason, but likely very crowded and loud during peak season.

The grounds were beautifully cared for and spread out. It was nice not to have the standard 10+ story high rise hotel buildings. If a location was too far, you could easily call for a golf cart to drive you to your destination.

We would highly recommend this resort to all of our friends and cannot wait to go back. Thank you to everyone for making our anniversary trip and babymoon so special!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
MGMexico, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear angels22
Thank you so much for choosing our resort to celebrate your wedding anniversary. I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay and the service and that the chef took care of your dietary needs.

Although you did try out the other pools and the beach, as you mentioned the adult pool Tamai is currently getting a face lift to the jacuzzi, pools and the cabanas and will reopen soon. We hope you will return in the future to experience that as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your family addition!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Plush surroundings, best beach service ever, excellent food, incredible swimming pools.

• Stayed December 2010
MGMexico, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Dear KandiD

Thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful comments - I look forward to sharing them with our team, especially the "best beach service ever".
I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back soon so that you can enjoy the pools, beaches and food again!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

This was our first time in the Nayarit Riviera, and at the beginning I wasn't sure why my husband had chosen the four seasons at Punta Mita instead of an all-inclusive family oriented resort in Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta, to take our 15 mo-old girl. Well.... thankfully he did! This resort really papmpered my baby, and thus we felt really comfortable. When we arrived at our room, the crib had several gifts: there was a Mustela kit with diaper creams, diapers, little swimmer diapers and her name written with sponges. There was also fruit and cookies for her. At the restaurants, they not only had highchairs, but super cool plates and dishes for kids, as well as bibs. They never charged us for whatever my daughter ate. The waiters, chefs and sous-chefs were always nice to us, bringing us whatever we needed (including making a pasta and chicken soup to take to the airplane home). And for us (the "grown ups")... well: the beach is really nice (the sand is a little rocky) but the water is beautiful. They provide bottled water for free all day long, and amazing ice-crem or fruit cups at the pool area during the day. The food is really good and fresh (we even picked our own fish to be cooked for dinner with the help of the chef), and the resort (although big) is really well kept. Lots of plants and birds and iguanas. We think internet should be included in the room, and I hope they soon do. We were happy & we do plan on returning there for a weekend escape (specially to do paddle surfing again, I took a beginners class and it was fun and easy). Of the last Four Seasons I've been (Chiang Mai, Thailand and San Francisco), this one exceeds its name. Gracias, nos hicieron pasar un muy bonito fin de semana y por eso escribo este review.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
MGMexico, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Ariela14
Thank you so much for spending the 4th of July weekend with us. I am delighted that we took care of the both your baby daughter as well as yourslves. Thank you for your feedback regarding the internet. It is indeed something we are currently reviewing. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon so that you can take your paddle boarding to the next level!

Michele Grosso

Been to Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita? Share your experiences!