Yes, this resort is as good as all the reviews attest. I could say all the same stuff about the incredibly caring staff, beautiful grounds etc. Since that is all true, I would like to just provide some helpful hints to those coming to the St Regis.
Car Service - You pay a lot of money to stay at the St Regis to be pampered. Make that start from the minute you arrive at the airport. Book your airport transfers through the St Regis then use their car service for local transportation and the local taxis in Punta Mita. We had the same driver both ways and he was a delight. Even stopped at a store as we were heading to the airport to buy a few sauces that he said we had to try!
Ask questions at check in - Don't just get your room key and dash to your room. Ask the person checking you in to tell you everything going on during your stay. What specials do they have, any special dining experiences and so on. It's better to find out about all the resort has to offer during your stay than on the last day realizing all that you missed. If you are a SPG member, you get discounts on food but you have to mention it every time. Don't forget!
Don't count on the WiFi - we would all like to be able to fall off the grid but for many of us thus just isn't possible. While there is wifi throughout the resort, it is not consistently available. Don't plan on being able to type emails while hanging out on the beach as it just might not be available where you chose to set up shop that day.
Choose your pool area carefully - don't just settle for the first empty beach chair that you find and they are always plentiful. Experiment with different pools and beaches to find the one that is best for you. The adult pool was too low key and the staff was not very attentive plus didn't have some of the extra perks like Jose walking around cleaning your sunglasses or handing out Popsicles. The Sea Breeze pool was the most crowded because the locals from some of the condo complexes can use it too. We preferred the Middle pool and beach! Great access to a bar, the bathrooms and the service was incredible.
Get healthy - the opportunities to be Active are amazing. The health center is very nice and just walking the grounds and beach can be a good workout. But the running paths just outside the property and throughout the gated community are amazing. My husband and I ran these paths every day and they are beautiful but also very challenging. Pretty hilly but breaking a good sweat is a great way to start the day.
Meet people - Don't hesitate to talk to your fellow guests. We met some great couples that we really enjoyed visiting with throughout our stay.
Go Back - You can never get too much of this incredible resort. We plan to be back many times as it is the perfect place to recharge and reconnect!
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a captivating setting on one of the world’s most alluring beaches, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort offers an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed sumptuousness. Recognized for its discerning service, exquisite accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds, this new resort energizes, rejuvenates and refreshes the mind, body and spirit with two renowned Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses, infinity pools, Spa, and superior international cuisine among its plethora of offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Media 8, Inc., Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.