“A vacation I needed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

You added The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort to your Saves list
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Lote H-4, Cond Maestro Ramal | Carr. Federal 200, km 19.5, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
New York, New York, United States
“A vacation I needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had never been to Mexico before, what an introduction! From the moment we entered the "Non Lobby" till we left, we were wowed by the hospitality and warmth of the staff.
Being greeted by a margarita overlooking the pool and the palm lined beach was a nice beginning to our vacation.
The rooms were very comfortable and being able to hear the ocean, for me was everything I asked for . Waking up early in the morning and takinng my casting rod to the beach was the perfect relaxation for me.
We had many delicious meals in the restaurants. Sandra's "Chillaquilles" " Huveos Rancheros" and salsas were spectacular at breakfast. I never thoughtn i would drink Green Juice but this version was delicious and i drunk one evry morning. I asked Vladamir where was the best place for beef tongue and head tacos, and the next day he picked some up for us on his way to work!
The staff are always smiling and never say no to any requests! I saw the gardners pluck coconuts front he trees and asked where we could get fresh coconuts They asked us to wait and cracked one open for us right away.
My wife and myself had the couples massage in the spa and our masseuse were the nicest people. Our son visited the gym every morning and loved it.
Thank you for making our time there perfect. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
cemberson, Gerente at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Floyd,
Thank you for your compliments and lovely review, I am happy you enjoyed your stay here in Paradise. Oliver, Mike and I are always delighted to hear our guests not only found our staff to be professional, obliging, accommodating and helpful, but that they truly enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to coming back. I am glad you liked our spacious gardens, pools and rooms, giving you the feeling the hotel is not full. It is great to hear you took advantage of the many activities we offer.
I will pass on your lovely comments yo Vladimir and the entire staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Carl Emberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were there for a week and we can't wait to go back. Everything there is beautiful and extremely well kept.

There are 3 pools (1 adult) with plenty of staff to ensure you get whatever you want.
The staff was incredibly friendly and personable... We were on a first name basis with a lot of them by the end of the trip.

The resort is 5 minutes from a small town with multiple restaurants that serve incredible food.

• Stayed July 2013
carlitosembo, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Jeffery

Greetings from Punta MIta - it was indeed a pleasure having you with us and I am thrilled you had such a great holiday. We are indeed proud of the team and your comments only motivate us more to continue on the same path. We hope to welcome you back soon en "tu casa " en Punta MIta

Un abrazo Carl
Verona, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We just came back from a 5 night stay at this spectacular resort. My husband and I are both from the hospitality business so our expectations are always a bit higher than most ... And I have to say that this resort delivers!!! The staff, services, food and most of all the attentive hospitality of everyone that works there is beyond all expectations.

You have something for every individual ... Sitting and unwinding by the beach, a relaxing swim in either one of their pools, watching a spectacular sunset while sipping some fantastic cocktails, golfing, going fishing either on the beach or on a boat, paddle boarding, snorkeling... Never a dull moment.

My most tranquil and serene moment was sitting and sipping my cup of tea on the balcony watching the whole place come to life while the sun came up every morning. I loved it...

I had asked one of their staff .. Jonathan, about the fruit in season and mentioned my love for mangoes ... And the next day he had them sent to the room with a note to say that he hoped I would enjoy them. That to me is attention to making people smile and I sure had one on my face!

Within the first few days the staff at the restaurants knew our last name ... What we liked ... Where we preferred to be seated and took care of every small detail. The food at all the restaurants was great. We loved the breakfast at the Sea Breeze ... You could get local Mexican fare or the regular breakfast buffet ... Something to please every palate.

Dinner at all the restaurants were so unique and remarkable. We had a fantastic meal at the Carolina ... It was a Mexican meal and authentic. The after dinner coffee service was a show that we will remember for a while. Just great service staff.

We will definitely be back ... Sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: The rooms anywhere on this property have stunning views ... Either of the beautiful pools or the oce...
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The St. Regis resort is an absolutely gorgeous resort located on the Pacific Ocean and the Bahia De Banderas. The views from the resort are extremely beautiful, and the rooms are very new, spacious and very comfortable. This was our second stay in roughly six months. And although there were certain aspects that were very enjoyable, there were certain services that were not nearly as good the second time around.

The 24 hour butler service was very disappointing. Upon our arrival and subsequent check-in into our room, the butler service explains multiple services provided including complimentary items pressed, unpacking services, and tea services. Typically, we do not ask for help with our unpacking, but this time we did ask for assistance for our nephew who was traveling with us since the butler offered while watching me unpack his luggage. It was late and everyone was tired after having to request room changes and a three hour wait because the original rooms assigned had construction going on outside the rooms (1502 & 1501). Upon this request, we were immediately told that the butler service had other guests to greet and could help unpack the next day. The second aspect of the butler service which disappointed us was the insistence on two separate occasions that we had to pay for tea because we chose mint and chamomile tea instead of green tea. Finally, we had requested our butler deliver a $300 deposit to the front desk for outside services, which butler services never came by to collect and deliver to the concierge desk. After waiting for two hours, I left the family and delivered the deposit myself. There were many other instances where the butler service dropped the ball on general questions and request. I don't mind doing many of these things myself, but these services should not be offered up front if the staff does not have the intention of following through. Also, two of the four nights we stayed our rooms did not receive turn down service and our SUN was displayed.

I would like to say, that not all services at the St. Regis were bad. The services at the restaurants and at the pool by Sea Breeze were very good, and we are very appreciated to those staff members. All in all we really enjoyed visiting the resort as it is very beautiful, extremely clean, very relaxing with a lot of activities made available.

Dear Madam / Sir

Greetings from Punta MIta and thank you for your return visit recently. Whilst I am glad you enjoyed many aspects of your holiday and our resort I have taken not of the shortcomings you experienced in our Butler Service and Housekeeping - it is indeed through constructive feedback such as yours that we can fine tune and improve our services to ensure they are 100% consistent. For that I am grateful and have shared your comments with the team.

Once again thank you for your loyalty and we hope to welcome you back soon

Carl
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights/6 days at the St Regis in Punta Mita and they didn’t let us down! We always travel with our children but for our 15th Anniversary we want to try a spot alone that we have never been to before. I have stayed at a lot of Starwood properties and the St. Regis always puts a smile on your face. The property is beautiful and impeccably maintained - also large enough with 3 main pool areas to accommodate- couples and families. The staff were so nice and would even refuse tips…refreshing and always a quandary as to how much to tip and who to tip. There are also so many activities to choose from…I played golf and my wife drove the cart on the beautiful Jack Nicholas Pacifico Course with the #3 “The Tail of the Whale” island hole that we got to drive out to b/c it was low tide. I also went scuba diving and my wife enjoyed lying by the pool as I went free dive spear fishing. Pepe my spearing fishing guide was great, I keep a Mackerel which the chef prepared Cerviche for lunch and we enjoyed a grilled red snapper for dinner. Plus my wife got the best laugh as I got out of the boat in a camo wetsuit. Look out Duck Dynasty I’ve got and idea for a new TV show! (Punta Mita Expeditions is who I booked the scuba and spear fishing with – highly recommend) Also want to make the note that we left the “gates” of Punta Mita to have a number of dinners in town and felt completely safe at all times. Thank you to all the staff that make the St Regis Punta Mita what it is!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We just got back from a 8 night stay at The St Regis with our 2 year old daughter. Being a SPG Platinum member I have been to many properties but The St Regis Punta Mita is by far the VERY best SPG resort I have ever stayed at in my life. The resort is secluded, unassuming when you enter and simply gorgeous! From the minute we stepped out of the car we were greeted with a warm welcome and cold margaritas!

By the 2nd day every staff member remembered our daughters' name. This made us feel like we were "at home " vs' staying in a large hotel. Never in our experience have we received this level of service.

Our review is more about publicly thanking the entire staff and several people who truly made this a memorable vacation of a lifetime.

Jorge and Oliver-both helped us immensley prior to and during our stay, thank you for all of your help and constantly seeing if there was anything else we needed

Carise, thank you for taking care of our daughter so well during our one date night!

Our butlers: Efron, Luis and Carlos: Thank you for anticipating our needs before we even knew we had them! Also, it was so amazing of you to go out and purchase a pair of water wings for our daughter because she needed them...an example of the incredible level of service...thank you!

Manuel and Luis at Seabreeze restaurant and pool, you guys took such good care of us we miss you now that we are home. Always bringing popsicles, fresh fruit and drinks just when we needed them.

Martha in the spa- gave my wife one of the her best haircuts ever

Kids club- a great resource for parents and was awesome for the few rainy days

Restaurants- From Carolina and Seabreeze restaurants to room service to the beautiful beach bbq. We can't say enough how much we enjoyed the food!

Housekeeping...spotless every day (and how do you get the wrinkles out of the sheets each day?) and they also left pink balloons and made a towel elephant to recognize our daughters pending 2 yr birthday which was so sweet!

The resort was so intimate that we acutaly got to know the other guests and even though it was at 60% occupancy it never felt overcrowded in the least.

The service is simply unlike anything we have ever experienced....it has spoiled us...how do we ever vacation anywhere else?

Thank you to the entire St Regis staff....and we hope to see you very soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
cemberson, Gerente at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Jeff L,
I am honored to hear you found The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort to be the very best Starwood resort you have ever stayed at in your life. I am beyond excited to know you found our resort to be like home due to the attentive service provided by the staff.

I see you were able to try not only experience our restaurants Sea Breeze and Carolina, but also our Private Dining experience and the beach barbecue. As for the wrinkleless sheets, that is a little secret we have, and I am glad you appreciated the small touch of the pink balloons and towel elephant for your daughters 2 year birthday.

And you were all over the hotel, with the great hair cut at the SPA, the kids club to keep your daughter entertained and enjoy some time for yourself, as well as the pools with the popsicles, fresh fruits and drinks, and the butler service which included the simple gesture of purchasing a pair of water wings for your lovely daughter.

I will make sure to pass along your message to Jorge, Oliver, Clarise, Efron, Luis, Carlos, Manuel, Luis and Martha as they are very much appreciated. On behalf of all of them, and the rest of our staff, it was a pleasure having you and we look forward to another visit!

Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My boyfriend took me to the St Regis Punta Mita resort for a week for my birthday. From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed, the experience far exceeded our expectations. The management team, our butlers, poolside staff, housekeeping - all 5-star! Jose quickly became our friend. Jose would swing by the pool to offer sunscreen, a smoothie, fresh fruit, or a snack - as we soaked up the sun. We rarely had to seek out anybody for anything because the staff was so genuinely attentive. This resort is absolutely gorgeous. We have both travelled extensively and rarely do we return to a resort because we are curious to experience new places. This resort, however, is one that we will surely return to in the coming years. Thank you St. Regis Punta Mita!

Room Tip: All rooms are awesome. Our garden view room had an amazing ocean view. We stayed on the side closer...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DaraInLaguna,
Happy Birthday again! I am delighted you and your boyfriend enjoyed your time here in Paradise and that we were able to far exceed your expectations. I will let your new friend Jose, know how much you appreciated the sunscreen, smoothies, fresh fruit and snacks he offered while you soaked up the sun.

I am excited you will return in the coming years, we will be anxiously waiting for you!

Carl Emberson

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!