“most tremendous experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

You added The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort to your Saves list
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Lote H-4, Cond Maestro Ramal | Carr. Federal 200, km 19.5, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
New York, New York, United States
“most tremendous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The resort, staff, golf, butlers, pools, beaches... everything about this place is tremendous.. i usually dont like visiting the same place many times but i could easily come back again and again. Everything was so nicely done - rooms were great - eButler was great and generally high level of personalized service made this stay unforgettable. went in a group of 6 and everyone had the best time... Congrats to the GM and the staff for running a great ship!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
cemberson, Gerente at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear wolrd_traveler_PG,
I am delighted to hear that The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is your exception for visiting the same place many times. It is great to know that your entire group had the best time and you appreciated the high level of personalized service by our butlers and everyone else in the staff.

Our pools, beaches, staff and the golf course will be waiting for you on your next visit!

Carl Emberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I had stayed at the St. Regis Punta Mita in Oct. 2011 shortly after we got engaged. When it came time to selecting a place for our honeymoon, no matter how many places we thought of, we kept circling back to the St. Regis. We honestly couldn't be happier with our selection.

I can write forever, but the best thing I can say is the following: I practically live in Starwood hotels. On average I spend as many nights in an SPG hotel as I do in my own home. For this reason, I hated the very thought of being in a hotel for my honeymoon. On our third night at the St. Regis, my wife said to me "Honestly, it doesn't feel like we're at a hotel at all. This feels like home." It was totally true. We were so comfortable and happy there that we completely forgot about our actual home. The best part is how amazingly nice, kind, and warm the staff was. If our beautiful suite was our home, then the top-notch staff were our family.

From our amazing butler, Christian W., to the unbelievable staff at Sea Breeze (Hector, Ruben, Manuel, Arturo, and Bladimir) and Carolina (Alberto, Luis, and Cesar), we honestly couldn't have felt more at home. Tony had us entertained and learning everything we wanted to know about mixing drinks and making authentic mexican dishes. Cesar, Ricardo, and Antonio made sure we had everything we needed when we were at the pools. Edgar mixed some top notch drinks for us every time, and Hugo dropped us off and picked us up every time we went golfing. We were really sad to leave, but it only means we'll be that much happier to go back.

All of the excellent reviews for this hotel are absolutely true and my wife and I are delighted to make trips here an annual tradition!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sam A,
Congratulations on your wedding! I am honored you chose The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort for your honeymoon and I am happy to hear you felt at home during your time here and found our amazing staff to be your family.

I will make sure to let Christian W, Hector, Ruben, Manuel, Arturo, Bladimir, Alberto, Luis, Cesar, Ricardo, Antonio, Edgar and Tony know about your heart-warming comments as they are very much appreciated!

I look forward to having you back next year!

Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I, have been to this resort 5 times and. as recently as 2 weeks a go we had an incredible 7 day vacation. The rooms were spacious the service the butlers (Leo,Miguel,and Carlos}gave us was outstanding. I would also like to thank Edgar the bartender at the Sea Breeze for the great drinks and laughter he shared with us. Tony was also a great help with the grand kids and load ed with information about mojito,and ceviche making, all in all this place is amazing, looking foward to returning soon.

Room Tip: if the palm trees are pruned every room is a ocean view
Dear 867makelifeavacation,
I am so happy that you chose to bring your family back to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, and that recently you were able to enjoy an incredible 7 day vacation. I will make sure Leo, Miguel, Carlos and Edgar receive your kind comments about their service, and that Tony knows you enjoyed the mojito and ceviche making classes.

I look forward to welcoming you back for a 6th time!

california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

In a nutshell, this hotel is absolutely lovely and I'd highly recommend it. It is located in a gated development at Punta Mita, so it's safe, well-kept, and all English speaking (you could easily be anywhere in the world). The village of Punta Mita proper is close by, as is Sayulita, so you can still get a taste of Mexico once you step out of the gates. If you a looking for hotel details, here they are:

- Pros: 1) Rooms are fantastic. They are super spacious, tastefully decorated, bright and comfortable. Our suites had outdoor showers (in addition to a nice bathtub and indoor shower) plus a large balcony with a dining table and a day bed. We had 'ocean view' rooms from which viewing the ocean was a little challenging (the palm trees stood in the way), but we really didn't mind given how beautiful the grounds are. 2) The overall architecture and lay out of the resort is equally fantastic. The units blend in with the surroundings, they are well spread out, and even at full capacity it feels quiet, manageable, and not busy at all. 3) Pools. There are a number of them (like 4 or 5?) and, again, they don't feel busy at all even with the resort fully sold out. For the six days that we were there, there were always chairs available in the shade at the kids pool. Plus, the beach is just a few steps away from the pool so you can easily switch from pool to beach. 4) The staff is super friendly. Everyone was smiley, kind, attentive, and helpful. They quickly learned our names and greeted us daily. There were lots of nice touches, from margaritas on arrival to complimentary popsicles at the beach late afternoon. My youngest child had a birthday during our stay and they prepared a cake and a piñata for her - on their own! Very, very special. We had a helpful "butler"/concierge assigned to work with us and felt really pampered the whole stay. 5) All restaurants and the spa were great. A special shout out to Carolina restaurant for the spectacular service and beautiful ambiance.

- Cons: Not much. The only big con is that the beach is rocky. It is beautiful and easily accessible, but there are pebbles on the bottom of the ocean (they seem to have figured out how to remove the pebbles from the beach itself) that can hurt your feet when you go in. That they can't fix. The other con, like every other hotel in the world, is that there are occasional service hick ups. For example, our room was not ready until almost 7pm on the day we arrived. The beach service (towels, drinks) was slow at times. One day, a pump broke and we had no water for hours. We got chocolates and a written apology, but no rebates on the room rate. And on check out, they had calculated our daily rate wrongly and it took us almost 30 minutes to sort it out. But again, we were on vacation, at a beautiful place, surrounded by friendly people. So none of those was too bad.

We debated between the St Regis and the Four Seasons before booking, so we decided to stop by the Four Seasons to check it out. I'm happy to say that we did not regret our choice. While the beach at the Four Seasons appeared better (no rocks!), the pools were smaller, far away from the beach, and more crowded. The St Regis just felt more relaxing. Net net, we are going back to the St Regis for sure! Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so memorable!

Dear allplanetsearch,
Thank you for having taken time to write such a thoughtful review. I am glad you enjoyed your family vacation here at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort.

I get very happy when guests appreciate our beautiful grounds, spacious rooms with outside showers and unique architecture style that blends in with the nature around us. It pleases me to know that you took advantage of your time here and enjoyed all three of our pools as well as the Remède SPA and our restaurants, including Carolina, and you found our staff to be super friendly and genuine.

Happy Birthday to Lulu, we’ll be waiting for you next year with another cake and piñata!

N. California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just returned from a family vacation and want to go back tomorrow - you will not be disappointed! The property is perfectly located adjacent to a beautiful beach, you can go from Pacific Ocean to one of the three pools located just steps away... SUP, snorkeling, surfing, golf, tennis, biking - it's all right there!! Resort management and staff are extremely attentive, accommodating and engaging. The restaurants on property are delicious and reasonably priced. Minutes from the property is the quaint town of Punta de Mita with great local shops and restaurants.

Dear 94506,
I am happy to know you chose to spend your family vacation here in Paradise with us, it was an honor having you! I am glad to hear you not only enjoyed our property and delicious restaurants, but that you also got a chance to participate in our many activities like SUP and golf and visit Punta de Mita to see the great local shops and restaurants.
Thank you for writing such a kind review and I look forward to receiving you again!

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We just returned from a fantastic trip to the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. We were celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and this was the perfect location. The staff was wonderful and repeatedly wished us happy anniversary throughout our trip. We dined at the Carolina on our anniversary and the restaurant created a beautiful complimentary custom desert tray for us. As a SPG platinum guest, I was also able to choose free daily breakfast as my welcome amenity, which actually saved a lot of money for us. I definitely think this is the best amenity option if you're also SPG platinum.

Pool - There are 3 pools, each with slightly different characteristics. All the of the pools have a view of the ocean and pool side service. Each time we arrived at the pool, someone is always right there greeting us with a smile, laying out fresh towels on the loungers for us. Throughout the day, they will also keep bringing complimentary bottled iced cold water. The bottled water was a very nice touch, it was super appreciated in the hot weather(and with all the drinking we were doing!). The pool menu is a bit on the short side, but if you ask, the staff will bring you anything that they can make. They made us a very nice fruit plate, and it was pretty reasonably priced for a resort like this.

Restaurants - There is only 3 restaurants on the property, and 1 is open for breakfast, 3 for lunch, and 2 for dinner. I think hours may be seasonal, but those were the options we had in June. Each restaurant was a bit different, but they all provided excellent service. Carolina is the upscale fine dining restaurant. We actually went there 3 times during our stay. The food is incredible and the service is even better. They serve 2 menus depending on the day of the week, we were lucky enough to enjoy both the regular menu and the Mexican pop up menu. Sea Breeze is a more casual restaurant, and the only other restaurant that was open during dinner. While its casual, the staff still provided impeccable service. The menu includes a wide variety of cuisines. We actually would have liked more Mexican options here. Sea Breeze was also the only option for breakfast, so we dined there almost everyday for breakfast. For breakfast you have the choice of the buffet or menu. The buffet had a wide variety of items including hot food, pastries, fruit, plus a cook to order egg/omelet/waffle bar. We also dined at Las Marietas for lunch once. Their menu is pretty simple, with fares such as fish tacos and grilled fish. Again, the service was great. In summary, I think the food was pretty good, but we could had used more options. I would definitely recommend that you go into town for a few dinners. You'll get better and cheaper Mexican food there.

Our biggest regret on this trip was the inability to go in the ocean. There were Sharks in the water the entire 6 days we were there. Since we were looking forward to a beach vacation, this was a bit disappointing. It would have been nice if the resort provided boats or shuttles to somewhere nearby where we can play in the ocean. We did pay for a Marine Safari with the Activities Desk, and we were able to stand up paddle board and snorkle near Las Marietas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear iheartfood621,
First off, congratulations on your 5th Anniversary! I am honored you chose The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort to celebrate such a special occasion and I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic trip.

I am happy you enjoyed all three of our pools with their respective services, and our restaurants with their impeccable food and service, especially Carolina where you were able to try both menus! I thank you for the comment regarding the pool side menu and the Mexican food at Sea Breeze as it is a way for us to improve and tailor our service towards what our guests prefer.

I am glad you enjoyed the marine safari and took the opportunity to snorkel and do SUP in Las Marietas islands.

I hope you visit us again soon!

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We took the family to this place for Christmas and didn't want to leave, I have never felt so relaxed and at home as I did here.
Carl I take my hat off to you you not only made us feel welcome but you made us feel more like your family you have created paradise.
Dan so enjoyed playing golf everyday with you shame he lost to you everyday but at least you have a new wardrobe of teashirts, the girls now know how to make a fabulous margarita and not just get drunk on one and Mike who was the only one to go deep sea diving cannot wait to see the whales when we come back. thank you Thank you for this place.
The staff are amazing and so accommodating so much so we still remain friends.

Room Tip: Face the sea its spectacular and cool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!