“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

You added The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort to your Saves list
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Lote H-4, Cond Maestro Ramal | Carr. Federal 200, km 19.5, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Aliso Viejo, California
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel was breath taking. The service was impeccable, they made you feel like you were the only one there. They could not do enough to make you feel welcome. I had reservations on coming to Mexico but it exceeds my expectations and can hardly wait to come back.. We have always preferred Hawaii but not any more. Cannot say enough on what an amazing time we had. The restaurants were wonderful. If you do not want to leave the property there is enough variety to enjoy every meal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Kathy K,
I am very happy The St. Regis Punta Mita could surpass your expectations, not only with our hotel room service but also through our exquisite restaurants. I am honored we could serve you as a special guest of The St. Regis Punta Mita.

Carl Emberson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was our second stay at the St Regis in Punta Mita. Many of the staff actually remembered us from the year before and remembered what line of work we were in. Amazing!

As always, the service, food (Lobster Benedict), and overall experience was beyond all expectations. The settings, grounds, pools, pathways, beaches, spa, exercise room and jacuzzi were immaculately clean. I cannot imagine a better place to go on a tropical vacation.

Incidentally, a super famous TV star was arriving as we were leaving. We were asked to keep the name confidential but it was someone anybody who watched BH 90210 would know!

Thanks so much St Regis for yet another fabulous experience!

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
cemberson, Gerente at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Ian H,
Thank you for keeping the name of the famous TV star confidential, I really appreciate it as we try to make sure everyone get to relax and enjoy their time here. It makes me very happy that you choose the St. Regis Punta Mita for your tropical vacation again, and to hear that your second experience was another fabulous one simply delights me.

I hope to see you again next year!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I recently spent our 5th wedding anniversary at the St Regis. It was quite possibly the best hotel / resort experience we have ever had. We have stayed at many nice places around the world and I can say that the St Regis Punta Mita ranks in the Top 3.

Even before our arrival, the concierge staff was great to work with to shore up all the plans. They were very accomodating to requests and putting together a great anniversary stay for us. I probably worked with them on and off over email for about 3 months doing planning and activity coordinating. They were always efficient and quick to respond.

You really can do justice to the St Regis Punta Mita in words. It is really a resort and locale that you have to experience for yourself. Having said that, I will do my best to try to express the beauty and service that is the St Regis Punta Mita.

Transportation: We were greeted at the airport by the pre-arranged car service we setup through the resort. This is a great thing to do, given that the St Regis is about a 45 minute ride from the PVR Airport. Also, there is really not a need to spend the extra for a rental car that may just end up sitting in the lot at the resort. Our driver took our luggage and provided us with bottled water for our ride. He was very friendly and shared alot of information about the areas we traveled through on the way to Punta Mita.

Arrival at Punta Mita: I was not overly familiar with Punta Mita, other than a little reading on Google. As we approached Punta de Mita, we actually turned off into a gated development(Punta Mita). Then we drove approximately 3 miles through beautifully manicured lawns, golf courses and natural habitat. Within this gated development is the St Regis, the Four Seasons, and a couple small home / condo developments. As we approached the St Regis we drove through another very large rock wall / gate and then up the hill to the reception area. As we exited the car, we were greeted by a front desk associate and a bellman. Our bags were wisked away and we were taken to a beautiful outdoor sitting area to handle the check in process. As we were going thru the check in, we were offered drinks(alcohol) and cool towels. A very nice touch. Check in was quick and efficient. We were finished in mere minutes on a beautiful walk to our room.

Rooms: The resort has about 120 rooms, most of which are in little 4 room buildings, so everything is spread out nicely. Our room was beachfront and very spacious. Large living room and bedroom. Walk in closet and large bathroom with in and outdoor showers. We also enjoyed a large patio that we could walk right out on the beach. The patio also had a small 2 - 3 person jacuzzi.

Pools: We spent several days / afternoon enjoying the adult pool. It is a nice size two level pool with plenty of chairs near the pool and steps away on the sand. During our stay the resort was at about 50% capacity, so any given day there were no more than 3 or 4 other couples with us at the adult pool. The pool staff is awesome and do a great job of making sure you have everything you need. Another nice touch was the pool attendant that came around multiple times throughout the day with little free gifts, like fruit, sunglass cleaning, smoothies and house made potato chips.

Beach: I will be honest, after reading alot of other reviews I thought we were going somewhere that the beach and ocean were inaccessible. This is far from the truth. In front of all three pool areas there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas on the beach. It is true that the beach sand does contain more coarse sand and stone that most beaches and the ocean has quite a few large rocks in the water. Even with this, there is a whole section of beach and ocean in front of the seabreeze pool area where you can walk right out in the water with no issues. Honestly, I applaud the St Regis for leaving most of the beach in its natural state and protecting the ecosystem. Kudos for that!

Food: As stated in previous reviews, the food can be expensive, but if you are choosing to stay at St Regis, then you know what you are signing up for. I do not mind paying for good quality, fresh meals. We had meals at all three restaurants during our stay, as well as, a romantic dinner on the beach. I highly recomend that one. For the restaurants, Las Marietas is a great place for buffet breakfast with lots of options. You can also do a la carte as well. For dinner, we ate at both Seabreeze and Carolina. Both are very good with great food. Carolina is their signature restaurant and one of only four AAA 5 Diamond Award winning restaurants in Mexico. We also had lunch at the pool several times. I highly recommend the grouper fish tacos. Excellent!

Activities: If you do tours, I would recommend the Punta Mita Expedition team. They do a great job. We did both the Marine Safari and Mountain Adventure. Both were lots of fun and great activities to see alot of the area.

Overall, we had an awesome stay at a one of kind place. It is definitely high on our list for vacation places to revisit going forward.

Room Tip: Splurge for beachfront suites! We stayed in 5501 and it was AWESOME!
Dear Lv2CtheWorld,
We are glad you chose to have experienced your 5th wedding anniversary at The St. Regis Punta Mita and congratulations on your 5 years of marriage. We are honored to have helped you plan and have a fantastic anniversary vacation.

Here at The St. Regis Punta Mita we like to treat you with exceptional service through our transportation to your first arrival on our property. Everything from the pool attendant serving you with fresh dining options, to you being able to have full access to our natural eco-friendly beaches, our goal was to make your time here with us memorable.

We are pleased to know you had a romantic dinner on the beach and you enjoyed our exquisite restaurants Las Marietas, Sea Breeze and our AAA 5 Diamond Award winning restaurant Carolina. We are genuinely grateful for your presence with us and hope for your return to The St. Regis Punta Mita.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed six nights at the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. We had an incredible experience! Our expectations were exceeded in all areas. The service and food were both exceptional. The staff was very friendly and attentive. They consistently asked if you were satisfied and if they could improve their service. We were so impressed with how genuine everyone was and how much they cared. It was very comforting! The resort was beautiful and spread out which made you feel like you were the only ones there. Having three pools (including adult pool) allowed you to have peace and quiet without being disturbed by kids playing. You felt like you were on your own mini vacation without any distractions. So relaxing!!! We did receive an upgraded room for being Starwood members---It was very very nice and spacious with an indoor/outdoor shower--very cool room overlooking the water. We did have dinner at the Four Seasons which was nice but we preferred the St. Regis property due to the fact that is was more spread out and exclusive. The highlight of our trip was our yoga sessions with Melanie at the St. Regis property. We have done yoga all over the world but she was the best instructor that we have ever had by far. She was an extraordinary teacher who made the sessions challenging but a lot of fun. Wether you are a yoga expert or beginner I would highly recommend that you schedule a session with her. She is amazing and will make your experience in Punta Mita even that much better. We give this resort two thumbs up and will definitely return in the future.
Enjoy

Room Tip: Room overlooking water is way to go!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason B,
We are glad you had an incredible experience at The St. Regis Punta Mita. We are happy you were able to relax and feel as if you were on your own private vacation. Here at The St. Regis Punta Mita we genuinely care and want to serve our clients to the best of our ability through our service, food and staff. We are ecstatic you enjoyed the property and thank you for your loyalty with Starwood. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your yoga sessions with Melanie. We will be sure to pass on your remarks to our friend.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to you visiting us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We just spent 5 days at this resort for our Anniversary & it was truly heaven on earth. From the moment we arrived, we were given 1st class treatment. We felt like we were the only ones there & everyone was always happy to accommodate any request. My husband is a Starwood Ambassador, so we've stayed at many luxurious hotels and this one is certainly a favorite. We just loved our suite upgrade, the terrace was beautiful & I Loved the outdoor shower! The butler service was amazing! They went above & beyond to make our entire stay exceptional, and especially on our Anniversary night. They surprised us with rose petals on the bed, made swans out of towels & even brought us chocolate covered strawberries & drinks. We went fishing on our last day & our butler arranged for the chef at Seabreeze to prepare us a gourmet 3 course meal with our fresh caught fish. It was the best meal of the entire trip!
They have really cool activities that we enjoyed such as ceviche class, guacamole class, paddle boarding lessons, tea time, champagne ritual & many others that we weren't able to fit in this trip.
The entire resort is breathtaking and combined with the incredible service, you'll never want to leave!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear cookchic22,
We are honored to have had you at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort for your anniversary. We are happy that you enjoyed your suite upgrade and that you had a memorable anniversary evening. Your loyalty is much appreciated and we hope for your return to experience other activities and enjoy another Sea Breeze fish dinner.

Thank you for such kind review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Best regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I took my mom down for some much needed R&R. Once we hit the grounds we were blown away by the staff, experience, dining. Most importantly we all exceeded our R&R goals. We cannot say enough about the kind and caring people that made it all so outstanding. Gabriella taught us some amazing recipes for her favorite cuisine. Omar tolerated my experiment to create the greatest pablano cucumber margarita. This was after piloting the project with Cesar at the pool a day earlier. The guys at the beach dragged beds under the shade tree on the beach for the daily siesta and set up a side tables and flowers. Not to be topped of Omar for the butler side of our experience tracked down a piñata for my sisters birthday and anchored the experience with unreal dining on our patio. The cleaning staff snuck in and turned my sisters bedroom into a birthday celebration with rose pedals on the bed, some balloons and towels contorted into birthday candles. Like I mentioned before we exceeded everything we hoped for. This crew from management to every person in uniform could not have been more kind. All of this was backdropped by awesome grounds and facilities. I am a platinum spg guy so I stay in many Starwood properties. All spg managers should take note of how this place is managed. The bar is very high. Aweso e we will be back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dave R,
First and for most, thank you for writing such a wonderful review about the grounds of the property and the staff. I am glad to hear you were all able to exceed your R&R goals. Our staff aims to make sure all of our guests have a personalized experience, so we love helping you celebrate special occasions such as your sister’s birthday. I will make sure to pass along your message to Gabriella, Omar and Cesar, as getting such positive feedback from our guests makes the staff very happy.
I hope you visit us again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We just returned from 4 glorious days at the St. Regis Punta Mita and loved every minute of our stay. It is one of the few hotels in Mexico I have been to that gets everything right - architecture and decor, food and service. The property is gorgeous, from the rooms to the pools to the scenery. The rooms are beautiful and ours had a soaking tub and an outdoor shower (what's not to love about outdoor showers?). The food was phenomenal. The meal we had at Carolina's was one of the best meals I have ever experienced, and was on par with Gary Danko and French Laundry. And the service could not have been better. Every interaction with every member of the St. Regis team was wonderful (and not at all forced, just very genuine). And to top it all off, it's a Starwood property, so all the better if you are an SPG member. There is no doubt why it is the top rated hotel in Mexico.

Dear hotel_lovr,
I am glad to hear you loved every minute of your stay here at The St. Regis Punta Mita, and I want to thank you for such a wonderful review. It pleases me to know that you enjoyed your room with the outside shower as well as the scenery, and that you experienced one of your best meals ever at our restaurant Carolina.
We love welcoming SPG members, so I hope you visit us again soon!

Carl Emberson

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!