“Absolutely AWESOME” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort to your Saves list
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Lote H-4, Cond Maestro Ramal | Carr. Federal 200, km 19.5, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Punta de Mita
Frisco, Texas
“Absolutely AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just returned from a five day, four night stay at the incredible St. Regis Punta Mita Resort. Karl, Mike and their expert staff took fantastic care of our every need and desire. From the moment we were picked up and driven to the gates of the St. Regis we were treated with the most awesome service and welcome. We were greeted by the staff and served a delicious drink upon arrival...check in was smooth and our rooms were ready...the next thing we knew we were in our beautiful rooms and our bags were awaiting us! Our Butler was there to answer any questions and was more than happy to assist us with our every need. The grounds were beautiful, the staff was experienced and beyond helpful, the food was excellent and everything there seemed to move smoothly. We were so pleased with our stay and we look forward to our next visit...we now consider the St. Regis, Karl, Mike and their entire staff our new "second" home! Please go and enjoy the wonderful St. Regis Punta Mita Resort...it is unforgettable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Cat L,
Saludos from The St. Regis Punta Mita! Thank you very much for your beautiful comments, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad you took great pleasure of our butler service. We pride ourselves in our service and I am happy to know we surpassed your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your words to our team.
We are indeed proud to receive such accolades. Please come back to our little slice of paradise soon.

Gracias,
Carl Emberson

1,045 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Shawano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a relaxing, charge up your battery, vacation in Punta Mita! What a lovely resort to just kick back and enjoy! The accommodations and service were superb, the grounds were lush and green and well groomed, the restaurants were delicious and room service was awesome!

Enjoyed all the amenities of the resort, including the spa and exercise room. Will definitely spend time there again in the future. Lovely location and very friendly staff!

Room Tip: All the accommodations were in casitas grouped in 4 rooms. We really liked the second floor and the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went to Punta Mita for a 5 day getaway to get some winter sun. Chose Punta Mita b/c it was a tad closer than Hawaii and I had never been. To say I will be back to the St. Regis Punta Mita doesn't say enough. From the moment we arrived and had our wonderful margarita at check-in, the St. Regis made sure we were spoiled.
1) The room: Had an ocean front. Super comfy bed. There is an indoor and outdoor shower for the room (as well as a bathtub that I did not use). I laughed when I thought that my biggest problem for the day was getting sunburned taking a shower. Clearly when that's my biggest care of the day - life is great!
2) The grounds: perfectly maintained. Beautiful. Kinda look a little more like Hawaii than Mexico but that hotel is villa/bungalow style now like a Hawaiian hotel. 3 pools, one that is adult only which I love. Wi fi not just only at the pools but also on the beach! The chairs on the beach and the pool were sooo comfy and you wouldn't wait for than 1 second before someone would run up and set up your towels. I say towels b/c they would lay one over the chair, one for a pillow and then one under your feet if you wish. The pool and beach as "free" sunblock and I love that b/c that is one less thing I have to pack.
3) The food: Our room rate included the breakfast buffet. It was very good. Not the best breakfast buffet ever (compared to some crazy over the top resort buffets I've been to), but had a lot of food and probably would satisfy anyone. At at Seabreeze one night which was good. Didn't try Carolina b/c we were in Mexico and just didn't feel like being fancy. Took a $9 "taxi (SUV lincoln navigator that waits at the hotel) to dinner in "town" the other nights, except for one night when we had room service. The prices for room service seemed high but then again it is a St. Regis but I think they were mostly high b/c the portions were big and the food was wonderful! The best and biggest food surprise was the food at the pool. The grouper fish tacos are worth every dime. Or peso if that's what they were.
4) The staff: I really don't need a butler to unpack or pack up but maybe some people do. We had a lot of fun chit chatting with the butler, and he did make our dinner reservations etc.
5) Checkout: Our flight our of Puerto V wasn't until 5 so the hotel suggested we leave at 2pm. At other hotels, I'm used to packing up my back and putting some things in my carrying on to freshen up before leaving, but the St. Regis just said "lay at the pool! don't leave you room until 2" That gave us extra hours of vacation to relax and be in the sun, then we showered and packed in about 30 minutes and left that glorious place.

The only hiccup of the whole time there was a mistake on the bill that was not the fault of St. Regis, BUT it was St. Regis that followed up on it and made sure it was all correct. I booked through AMEX Platinum and there was a brief special of pay 3 nights and get the 4th free. Well, AMEX emailed the St. Regis the wrong promotions so they did have the spa credit and included breakfast on file, but not the free night. St. Regis wanted to rectify it on the spot but I'm a freak about being late to the airport so I didn't want to wait. I paid for all the nights and decided to deal with it when I got home. AMEX was nice and said they would f/u on the issue but then AMEX did not f/u as I had hoped. I then did hear from St. Regis and they continued to follow up with me until the mistaken 4th night was reimbursed. They took the initiative to follow up and see it through till everything was right. Fantastic customer service.

If I must, I can only find 1 piece of constructive criticism for the resort and it is truly trivial. Housekeeping did not replace the toiletries but I'm sure they would have if we had asked. I think they would do anything for you if you ask. I kinda liked my own shampoo/conditioner best anyways so I didn't bother to ask. I just noticed it.

If you want a relaxing trip, great service and food - go to the St. Regis Punta Mita

Room Tip: get an ocean view or ocean front. Why go all the way there and not!?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Allendale, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Really amazing, friendly service to us and our 6 yr old daughter. Extremely clean rooms and property (not one bug anywhere). Very well done food, excellently prepared - you could get some Mexican food during breakfast and lunch but it was mostly American-European fusion except for the one authentic Mexican special dinner (on the beach under the stars!). Definitely get the $35/day kids meal plan - our daughter ate well off the regular and kids menus at both Las Marietas and See Breeze restaurants and enjoyed smoothies at the pool. Fun FREE activities included a mole cooking lesson by the chef de cuisine (who emailed me the recipe), kayaking for 15 minutes (you could have a lesson or just kayak around between the waves, which was enough for me) and the incredible kids club (water balloons, crafts, card games, pool games, ping pong). Beautiful, relaxing, safe - we felt well cared for.

Room Tip: We had Aura 5202, very near the Marietas pool and beach, huge house-like floor plan, outdoor private...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a wonderful five day trip to the St Regis Punta Mita. From the warm greeting and relaxed check in upon our arrival, to the champagne ceremony on Friday night, to the personal service from the staff, our trip was outstanding. As others have mentioned, the resort was near capacity when we arrived, but it never felt crowded in the least. There were always lounge chairs in perfect locations and attentive service across the resort. We never felt the need to leave the St Regis during our stay, but did have a nice meal at Cafe D'Artiste just outside of the resort. Edgar makes great drinks at the tequila bar. Try a Manhattan made with tequila instead of whiskey. Our butlers Carlos and Efrain were very attentive and helpful with meals and activities. If you are there on Friday night it is fun to drink champagne on the patio overlooking the Pacific after the bottles are opened with a saber. Nice touch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went to a wedding to PV, but I decided that I couldn't leave without visiting the St. Regis Punta Mita. I just can't say enough about how well it all was. Butlers, staff from the beach, restuarant, just great!!! All food was delicious, from the 3 restaurants: Marieta´s, Sea Breeze and Carolina, also the food at the beach (delicious Guacamole with a superbe ocean view).

The rooms are perfect, including size, the exterior shower is a completely different experience. The terrace is a good way to have private meal, but not being between walls.

But I need to make a special remark on Carolina, what a great restaurant. Luis Flores was a real host. The food was just delicious, goat cheese with figs and tuna with huitlacoche, everything we tried was great.

I can't wait to be back and stay longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Eugene, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are frequent travelers to high end beach resorts such as Jade Mtn, Jumby Bay, Viceroy Anguilla, Banyan Tree, Las Ventanas, One-and-Only, etc. We just returned from St. Regis Punta Mita where all of our expectations were exceeded.
The location is a secure and private beach resort less than an hour drive from PVR. Our ocean front/beach front suite included everything that we wanted: outdoor shower, Jacuzzi, and a large deck with a gorgeous view.
We enjoyed the excellent restaurants, beach BBQ, pool & beach service, room service, and spa. The room includes an excellent butler service that takes care of every detail.
What makes the St. Regis a really fantastic resort are the people. The service from our butlers Efrain and Carlos, restaurant staff and management including Fabrizio and Oliver, and the pool and beach staff including Osvaldo, Panchito, Riccardo, Xavier, Antonio, and Jose (to name but a prominent few) took excellent care of us.
A highlight was the Marine Safari that included SUP, snorkeling, and whale spotting. Every person in the resort was fantastic; kudos to GM Carl Emberson.

Nancy & Clarke

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!