“St. Regis Punta Mita Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Save Saved
You added The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort to your Saves list
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Lote H-4, Cond Maestro Ramal | Carr. Federal 200, km 19.5, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Punta de Mita
San Clemente, California
“St. Regis Punta Mita Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Our last 3 trips to Punta Mita we stayed at the Four Seasons which shares the 1500 acre compound with the St. Regis, on this trip we decided to try the St. Regis and we were kicking ourselves that we hadn't tried it sooner. The overall hotel layout and beach access were far superior for using the beach, which is what enjoy the most. The staff and amenities were amazing and the service level was better than I expected. Going back soon!

Room Tip: Spend the money for the Ocean View Rooms - it's amazing
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Greetings from Punta Mita,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us; it was a pleasure to have you. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful beaches, and I will be sure to pass your kind review on to the rest of our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Yours sincerely,

1,045 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I cannot say enough about this hotel, by far one of the nicest hotels ever!!

Background
We were on a family trip (my husband's family) at a house within the Punta Mita resort. We spent our last few nights in the St Regis.

Check In
First impressions were good, the hotel reception is breathtaking.
The staff are speedy and professional.
We booked four rooms, two were automatically upgraded on check in.

The room
We were in a just the standard double room.
The room was by far better than a standard 5 star hotel room.
We had a pretty good view of the ocean, even though it was a garden view room.
The decor was modern yet warm.
There was a large tv, outdoor shower, great tub, tv in the bathroom, and excellent toiletries
Final touch was our personal butler, standard with every room

The beach and pools
Lots to choose from with 3 pools (one especially for families) and a fabulous beach
Beach service is prompt and complimentary buckets of iced water are supplied all day

There are multiple dinning choices both within the St Regis and also throughout the resort of Punta Mita.
The St Regis has a great casual beach side restaurant, Sea Breeze (which I loved) and a fine dining restaurant, Carolina, which is also lovely.
I would also recommend heading to the Four Seasons for cocktails and food.

Our stay was short, but we will definitely be back. Great hotel and great team behind it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Punta Mita,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We appreciate you deciding to visit us as we know that the residences in Punta Mita are also quite lovely. Punta Mita is indeed a privileged destination boasting two wonderful hotels , two fantastic Jack Nicklaus designed golf courses, surf, beaches as well as some great dining options in Punta de Mita

I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of our team who work hard to ensure an unforgettable stay for all of our guests. We very much look forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Los Angeles,CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have had the priviledge of staying at a few of the St Regis properties due to our Starwood status, however this far exceeds any of the properties we have stayed at. The attention to detail makes you feel like royalty. I have been to the hotel twice and my fiance three times and we can't wait to go back. First of all the hotel is gorgeous and no matter what kind of room you have you feel like you are staying in a private space because the rooms are staggered. There is a ton of privacy. The bathrooms are huge with an indoor shower and our favorite touch is the private outdoor shower! Plus there are three pools which makes it nice and you never get the feeling the pool is too crowded because there is plenty of room.

The spa is by far one of my favorites, the whole lounge is outdoors with outdoor showers, a steam room and a sauna (as usual) but there is also a dipping pool and several places to sunbathe privately. The staff is amazing and friendly.

Greetings from Punta Mita,

Thank you for your lovely review Sara. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your last visit with us. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the rest of our team who take great pleasure in providing, as you say, a "royal" experience for our guests. Thank you also for your review of our Remède Spa - it truly is exceptional and we are glad to hear you enjoyed the services.

Carl Embers, General Manager
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at lovely resorts before, but the St. Regis, Punta Mita Resort far, far exceeded our expectations. First and foremost, the entire staff was the happiest, friendliest staff we have ever encountered. Starting with being greeted by Carl, the GM, we were immedidately taken to the lovely patio and served Champagne. Then we were off to see our room which was stunning inside with a beautiful view of the beach and ocean. The food was delicious and the service - impeccable. The grounds of the resort are immaculate, the beauty - breathtaking. It was my 50th birthday, and they made sure that I was aware of it with their beautiful decorations, etc. By the end of our stay, we felt like family to the ones we got to know personally. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Greetings from Punta Mita Amy,

I am so very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to welcome guests for their special day. We sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff and resort, and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the rest of our team. I hope you had an unforgettable birthday here in paradise, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I found the St. Regis to be the perfect answer for an end of summer vacation to escape the hectic pace of work. Arriving just in time Friday for the Champagne Ritual was an indication of the epxerience to come. The accommodations were outstanding and the staff spoiled us, particularly Leo and Ricardo. The classes taught by Tony each day were alwyas interesting and provided mid-day relief from the sun. The food at the hotel was very good but wish there were more options all week for dinner besides Sea Breeze, but I understand it was the off-season. Would recommend staying for anyone who wants to relax and pamper themselves.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are the best but I doubt there is a bad view from any of the rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings from Punta Mita,

I am pleased to hear you had a relaxing stay with us - during the Champagne Ritual is the perfect time to arrive, no? I will be sure to pass your kind review on to Leo, Ricardo, Tony, and the rest of our staff who are always pleased to know their hard work has paid off. In regard to your comment about dinner options, we do appreciate your understanding that during certain times of the year, it is not feasible for us to have all of our restaurants open the entire week. Punta Mita has some wonderful dining options which I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy in the light of the fact we had only Sea Breeze open.

Sincere thanks for your recommendation of The St. Regis Punta Mita. We hope to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

After 4 days at the St Regis in Mexico City, we arrived at the St Regis Punta Mita. My first thought was 'why did we spend time in Mexico City?!'. It all starts at reception. Jorge was waiting for us with a choice of Margarita or Ice Tea (as you can imagine, Margarita won) and take us to this sitting area outside overseeing several infinite pools and the ocean at the end. Whilst they sort out the paper work for the check in, we remain there sipping margaritas. They have upgraded us to a lovely beachfront suite.

Service was impeccable and the facilities imacculate clean. There was not a lot of people in the resort which made us feel quite relaxed. But even if it were full, I believe it would not change anything since the rooms are far from each other and you can keep it to yourself, if this is your plan. It is hard to tell what was the best part, from breakfast to the pool service, passing by the spa.

What I can say, if you need to take a break, don't think twice about another place. We are definitely going back.

Room Tip: Get the beachfront rooms. Room 5503 was amazing.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Greetings from Punta Mita,

Thank you for your visit and for your review. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us (although we know The St. Regis Mexico City is lovely as well) – Id have to agree the Margarita is lovely upon check in – I will let Jorge know and I will be sure to pass your kind notes on to the rest of our team as we take great pleasure in knowing our guests had a memorable stay. We truly appreciate your recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Bedford, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our 4 day/4 night trip to St. Regis Punta Mita, where we were spoiled from moment one! It was the best vacation we've had in our 10 years together.
We arrived from airport, picked up promptly by St. Regis car service and delivered to the hotel, greeted with Margaritas and checked in, while sitting casually in comfortable chairs, taking in the first of many astounding views of the ocean. An incredible welcome. We were taken to our room, and introduced to or personal butler, who handled our every need. The ROOM...wow! The decor was lovely and comfortable and everything so well thought out. Our favorites were was our vast living area, especially the terrace, overlooking the beach- the same view could be seen from our bed! We were in a suite, so I don't know if all of the rooms have this, but our outdoor shower was another favorite! There's nothing like showering under palm trees and sky in the balmy Mexican evenings! Our days were long and sunny and relaxing- the pools were divine- all 3 of them! Our toughest decision was which pool, or beach chair to relax in. The ocean was very swimmable and we took advantage of the activities provided by Punta Mita Expeditions, right there on the beach. We had planned to go off-site for some exploring, but everything we needed was right there at he St. Regis! I had a paddle board and surf lesson and we also did a trip to the Marietta Islands that I highly recommend- it's so great to get out on the water by boat, touring, snorkeling, and swimming. We didn't make it to the "hidden beach" on the island because of the tide, but google that to see what you're in for- beautiful.
he restaurants were amazing, staff friendly, attentive - beyond! Never have we had such service. Whether poolside, at the bar, or at one of the three restaurants, we felt we were being treated like royalty. For a special dinner, I recommend Carolina's- our dinner was the best we'd ever had and the presentation like a piece of art! (We had chosen our fish on the beach that morning! The chef invited guests to the beach during the day and displayed the fresh caught fish, hauled in by local fisherman.) My husband ate fish tacos everyday for lunch- he never tired of them! Fresh fish and guacamole and margaritas- it worked for us! :)
We had one meal 'off-site" in the town of Punta de Mita - inly a 5 minute taxi from hotel. The restaurant was called Si Senor and, as hard as it was, it was well worth peeling ourselves away- ever so briefly- from the comfy confines of the St. Regis! We sat at a waterside table, waves lapping on the dock beside us, while serenaded by guitar and Mexican song. A table near us, broke into song with the singer and it was a truly lovely experience. I just wish I could have finished my dinner! I had the biggest, freshest piece of fresh tuna- delicious.
I could go on and on about our vacation- truly can not recommend it enough! We will definitely go back.. considering bringing our kids next time- they are very well set up for families as well, but have adult only areas, so it works for everyone. Oh, I forgot to mention the SPA! We had a wonderful couple massage at Remede Spa at hotel... and it too, was incredible! To us, the
St. Regis could do no wrong- Best trip ever! We will be BACK!

Room Tip: At the right time of year, upgrading to a deluxe room or suite seems very reasonable! Overall, you...
Greetings from Punta Mita Kelly,

Thank you for vacationing with us and for your lovely review! I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Your review does a wonderful job capturing the beauty of our resort, both in the rooms and out on the grounds. I loved your description of the outdoor shower, one of my favorite touches in all of our rooms. I'm glad to hear you were able to experience the wonderful excursions and activities that we now offer with Punta Mita Expeditions. The Marietas are lovely, are they not?

Your comments about our dining experiences are also much appreciated. Our staff works extremely hard to create memorable moments like the Catch of the Day ritual, and I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our executive chef, Sylvain Desbois (you are right, he is a culinary artist!), and to the rest of the staff as well.

Thank you as well for sharing some of your pictures here on Trip Advisor. Your cocktail photo by the pool is fabulous! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,
Carl Emberson, General Manager

Been to The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort? Share your experiences!