“Peace, Quiet, Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

You added Casa De Mita to your Saves list
Casa De Mita
Calle Playa Careyeros, Punta de Mita 48324, Mexico   |
Dallas, Texas
“Peace, Quiet, Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was our 3rd visit to Casa de MIta and each time it gets better and better. This is your home away from home. With only 8 rooms, no TV or telephones in most rooms, it is truly THE place to relax, unwind, and disconnect from the world. Leave your electronics at home!

The service is the best part. Each of the staff members are outstanding. They are among the best hotel staff I have ever encountered in over 20 years of traveling the world for a living. Their warm smiles and positive can-do attitudes are treasured. They make you feel right at home.

If you are looking for a party atmosphere, nightclubs, shopping malls, etc -- this is not the place for you. If you are looking for long walks on the beach (no beach vendors here), gentle breezes, outdoor romantic dining, a cabana covered outdoor bed for reading and napping, a swim-up bar and all-inclusive 5 star dining this is your place.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are perfect, but the Penthouse Suite is the best!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Once your drivers drops you at the hidden gem of Casa de Mita - you arrive to Paradise!! The minute we walked onto the property - both my husband & I - feel totally in love with it. The Inn is absolutely charming and beautiful, as well as the staff is so personable, attentive and outstanding. The food and beverages are unlimited and delicious - and if you ask for something special - "no problem" - they will make it happen just for you!!! Memo and Lano are the BEST!! We are already planning to go back and rent the entire Inn for a big family/friend trip!! Casa de Mita - thank you for a wonderful week - we love you!!!!!

Room Tip: The Penthouse suite or Jr Penthouse suite.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This was the best place I have ever been. Incredible! Everything was absolutely amazing. The rooms, the food, the location, the service.. everything. I have no desire to vacation anywhere else and cannot wait to go back. What a wonderful place.
I was a little nervous driving up the dirt road .. thinking my cab driver was kidnapping us.. but when we finally reached Casa De Mita there were people waiting for us to take our bags and greet us. There are no check ins or outs.. they took us straight to the patio for a drink and nachos...we relaxed and they told us how it worked... only 8 rooms and service like no other. Every day always something different on the menu. I love how it was "all inclusive" without the big touristy hotel. Anything you need or want they will do for you. Perfect for a romantic getaway or a relaxing vacation with a few friends. I was never worried at all ever.. no need to lock your valuables up in the safe, no room keys or need to lock your door. Amazing. Absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: we got a tour of a few of the rooms.. all were beautiful.. couldnt go wrong with any of them!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Casa de Mita was a great retreat with excellent personal service, great food and the best way to possible to relax and decompress. The penthouse had a great view and a private patio. The only sounds heard were the crashing of surf in the evening and early morning. All of the staff, especially Lola and Memo provide excellent personal service that is lacking in most large hotels. Take a long walk, read or sleep in the shade; it’s being in your own private world. It was a relaxing and great experience. We are planning to return as soon as possible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon at Casa de Mita, and it was more wonderful than we ever imagined it could be. In a word, Casa de Mita is paradise; we're already planning to return next year. It was nearly impossible to leave and we talk about how stunning it was every day. Here's the breakdown:

Grounds/rooms: Casa de Mita is very small -- only 8 rooms -- so it feels as though you're staying in someone's home. The rooms are beautiful, and the attention to detail everywhere is fantastic. The tiled floors and showers, the decor, and the beautiful common spaces make this place truly unique. Each room has a balcony and a view of the ocean.

Food: The food at Casa de Mita is fantastic. The chef has been there for years and knows how to prepare fresh and authentic Mexican food. We had grilled shrimp, chicken mole, burritos, filet mignon, ceviche, wonderful breakfasts with fresh, homemade, baked goods -- just amazing food, and I'm a foodie (www.kitchengurl.blogspot.com)!

Service: The service is beyond exceptional. Sammy, Lalo, Memo, Robert, Mauritzio and Manuel are wonderful people. Their attention to detail is fantastic, and they're truly lovely people. They made our stay there absolutely perfect.

I cannot say enough about this place. It was the most wonderful place I've ever stayed, and I've been around the world. Mexico is a beautiful country, and the people are warm and wonderful. Don't allow what you hear on the news to affect your perception of this amazing country, and when you go, check out Casa de Mita.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, though I imagine the room on the bottom floor doesn't have the best oce...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Having been to a Mexican 'all inclusive' 5 star a few years ago I was very suspect as to how this would fare. My previous experience left me with a bit of disdain all such things. From the moment we were greeted by Sammy at the front door of Casa de Mita I found myself grinning like an idiot. Each staff member was amazing. They were all friendly, VERY accommodating and very genuine. I do feel obligated to mention and thank everyone on staff that we met... Sammy, Robert, Lalo Maemo (sp?) and Maurizio were unbelievable.

'Tradition Mexican' food that's available in NYC disgusts me. I feel like I'm looking at cafeteria slop. That being said Casa de Mita's food was unbelievablely beautiful and simply delicious. Grilled meats & seafood with great vegetables were served at lunch and dinner and breakfast was pretty much whatever you want. Our rooms were breathtaking and the other guests were super friendly. We ended up making some friends and going to a local art gallery opening.

If you're someone who enjoys going to the mall, going to Disney, watching TV & being entertained this may not be your cup of tea. If you like beautiful food, genuine people and love the beauty of a quite beach you will LOVE Casa de Mita. I'd happily pay twice what we paid for our time there and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
dani11
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Casa de Mita is fantastic-the food, the service, the beach, and the views. I loved our room and patio. It was such a relaxing and wonderful time, mostly due to their attentive and friendly staff. By the second day, everyone knows your name and preferred cocktail! Most if the guests there had visited previously-and everyone wanted to return again. The pool area is also great.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa De Mita? Share your experiences!