My wife and I went to the Royal suites on our honeymoon from Ireland.
It actually exceeded our expectations on most fronts. First off the location was stunning. It was such a treat to look out to see and see whales breaching all day long while lying by the pool! The beach was extremely quiet and it really felt like a retreat. We were delighted with the bar and restaurant as the food and drinks were great and the service impeccable. Our room was lovely, the pools were perfect and the atmosphere in the hotel was fab as it was quiet but very welcoming and very relaxing. I surf so I was blown away by the consistant surf spot out front, I even had a few dawn sessions alone with just me and the local turtle. There are bog standard boards available in the beach hut but I wish there was an option for decent board rental or at least more info on the nearby surf shops - perhaps this could be improved.
So all in all we were delighted with our choice. However, we had decided that it would be fitting that on our last night we should have professional photos taken so that we could treasure the memory forever. We booked the photographer a few days in advance and he assured us that the photos would be ready for our departure.
So we spent an hour on our last night having photos taken and arranged to meet the photographer in the morning before we left. He showed up an hour late and arrived when we were getting into our taxi to the airport. We were quite stressed about this and I think he saw this as an opportunity to overwhelm us with options and offered us a price for the whole lot that was in fact more expensive than our own wedding photos in Ireland!! I said we couldn't possibly decide this quickly and agreed that we would definitely buy some photos from him but weren't willing to miss our flight because of them! He gave me his personal email address and company card and I left feeling more than satisfied that we could complete the purchase of our keepsakes by email or online due to his reassurances that this was the case.
Well, I have been emailing for over two months and haven't heard a peep. I'm sure the photos are long gone and we are left feeling very sorry we just didn't go and ask someone to take a few photos at various times during the trip. I feel a fool really as we put a lot of hope into what we thought was a lovely idea.
What a rant!
Overall - I can't fault The Royal Suites other than that - it was a wonderful honeymoon destination and I would happily visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita