“disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Punta de Mita Km. 11.5 | Bahia de Banderas, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Iowa City, Iowa
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed 1 week in Feb. We travel every year and always stay at all inclusive and adults only resorts. We have never stayed at a resort with NO elevator and the staff didn't even ask if we needed help with our luggage. The first two days of our vacation the pool was so cold you couldn't stay in very long since your feet and legs became numb. We were told the pool heater was broken but we noticed the third day they brought in propane so I am guessing that is why the pool was warmer that day!! We were relaxing one day when a women started screaming because there was a RAT in the pool. Several worked quickly came with a net and captured the rat. We never received "Hot" food. It was usually cold by the time it arrived at our table. We had lobster which was good but also served cold. You couldn't swim in the beach area because of all the rocks - the sand so coarse. If you tried making reservation with the Butlers - what ever you asked them to do - it didn't happen. No sure why they hire the Butlers, they really don't do anything but sit at their desk and when you need them and try to find them, they are never around. The evening shows are a joke - they lip sink but never are in rhythm with the music. We will never go back to this place . for a 5* motel is need lots of imporvement to meet our expectations. all of the 5* places we have stayed, they all are over and above this resort.

Room Tip: stay on the bottom floor so you don't have to walk steps everytime you need to go to your room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
BC canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks from Jan26-Feb 09. We are well travelled and stay at cheapo places right up to 5 star+. We love Mexico and her people. This was our 5th time going to a Palladium but our first visit to the Royal Suites Punta Mita. We were expecting 5*…some areas were up to measure, some areas were not.
The Food and service at the Royal restaurant was great. Special mention to Alfredo, Carlos, Tino, Hector and the very fun Angel. If you had a special request and they could fulfill it, they did. Carlos delivered some toast when my hubby was not feeling well. He really did not want me to worry about anything . Alfredo was visually upset when his early customers were tired because of poor sleeps due to a bunch of rowdy partiers who kept everyone up.There was lots of variety and the food was tasty. We loved that we could eat and feel the ocean breeze and even see the whales breaching. It was especially nice to be able to order food at the pool and have it arrive quickly and hot . We ordered room service and it was a short wait and delicious.
The pool…we are not really pool people but we spent a LOT of time lounging, floating, reading, drinking, chatting with new friends here. Watching the whales in the bay from the upper infinity pool was a daily treat. A couple days the pool really was too “heated” to be refreshing tho. We never had a problem getting a palapa, which being a redhead, I need. Roman, always with a smile on his face, worked very hard to keep everyone in fresh drinks and Daniel did a good job when Roman took a day off. The group of us who got to be friendly had two big complaints. The smokers! I have never been surrounded by so many smokers. One party of 4 even used the pool deck as an ashtray. Gross…. OMG The Music was awful. We understand it’s a relaxing pool but some low volume easy rock or pop would have been better. It was Bad bad bad…
Drink service at the Royal Bar had its ups and downs. Premium brands were often missing. Its not good service when Royal suites customers, who pay a premium, have to go to the “other” side to get a drink of Grand Marnier or di soronno . Giovanni at Hemmingways seemed to always have or find what we wanted with a smile. Several of the bartenders at the Royal were not very accomodating and other guests said the same thing. Day staff were definitely better than night staff. During the day I got to practice my Spanish with the bartenders and Roman and we had many laughs. Oh and the House wine is almost undrinkable. Yuck. We went into Mega and bought some nice wine to drink with our steak. This should not be something that must be done at the Royal suites. Loved the acrylic fancy drink glasses served at the pool!
The beach is not great on the Royal side for swimming and there is not a huge amt of palapas..we knew this, so we were not surprised…We spent an afternoon down there with the lovely breeze . Spent another day on a bali bed. We did take a lovely stroll north on the beach. There is a very quiet beach around the corner which looked very inviting. The beach on the Palladium side looked pretty good but somehow we never made it over there. I think we were on a mission to avoid screaming children….and crowds. We appreciated the lack of beach vendors .
We enjoyed the food at Bamboo. The food at the Mexican restaurant was just Ok. Best part was that Omar our Butler ensured that we had a beautiful seat to watch the sunset. Gorgeous. The beach BBQ was fun. Richard our waiter was a good sport. We went to the main buffet on both Mexican theme nights. Not a fan of the set up there. Seems very squishy. The Pozole soup and the cream corn soup were superb. Other Palladium buffets sadly are far far better.
I sent a request for the third floor, building 5 , jungle side and was pleased to get all requests. There were beautiful coloured birds outside our balcony every morning and a view of the ocean. Very nice!
It appears that the rooms need a little TLC. We had tiles coming off n places, quite dirty headboard, a shower that did not drain properly, a non working smoke alarm, some wires hanging out of the outlet where the alarm clock plugged in. The beds in the Yucatan are heavenly….The King bed we had here was not. The mattress cover felt like it was from a hospital and crinkled when we moved. The TV was wonderful. The bar was stocked regularly with our requests, and extra water was brought when we asked.The maid service was very very good. Lovely ladies who work so hard and most days they left us beautiful towel art.
Most of the time our Butlers, Omar and Diego were very very good.. It was easy to chat to them as they both speak great English. We had a two incidents where we felt their service fell flat. We had very rowdy drunk neighbours who we had to complain about several times. In our opinon( and other guests) the staff did not deal with the problem promptly or adequately. We ended up moving rooms and were told if wedid the packing, our bags would be moved into the room while we were in Bucerias. When hubby came back a few hours later, the luggage was locked in our old room still. Both Diego and Omar said they would come help him move right awayi. He was sick and eventually had to move all of it himself. No one ever came to help or to apologize for forgetting him.
We travel often and don’t normally get sick. Both of us got a Norovirus type sickness as did quite a few other guests. Luckily we had 2 weeks so a few lost days did not ruin our vacation. It was a purge diet..lol The restaurant and bar staff were very good about letting us have “breakfast” food when we needed it and teeny tiny bland portions.
I know this all sounds very negative. If we had not paid a premium price for a 5* it would be a different report. We talked to a few returning couples who have said things have been going downhill for the past few years. They come back because of the fabulous friendly staff. We met some wonderful people. Had some very good laughs, relaxed, enjoyed the food, drinks and especially the days at the pool. Would we come back..Maybe ..If the price was really really good and only for a week.

Room Tip: building 5 , jungle side closer to the pool will get you soothing wave sounds and lovely birds and b...
British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm kind of late getting this down, but I thought it was important to let you know how our trip to Royal Suites Punta Mita was.
First off, let me say that we LOVED the staff (servers, maids, bartenders, etc). Honestly, though, the resort has some work to do, and we were not the only guests to feel this way. The management is terrible, and the whole do we need a reservation, do we not need a reservation, at the various a la cartes is a mystery that no one seems to be able to solve.
We tried, from the moment we arrived, to upgrade only to be told more than once that "if we had only been there a few minutes earlier" we could have upgraded...we never saw the Master Suites occupied, with the exception of the Travel Club and one other one for maybe three days the whole 10 days we were there...FRUSTRATING!
Also, one night while we were sitting outside the Punta Mita restaurant having a night cap, we saw the waiters folding up the tablecloths over the tables. 15 min later, a man came and started up what we thought was a leaf blower inside the restaurant...turns out he was fumigating, and he didnt even bother to tell us or ask us to leave. The management was not the least bit apologetic and my husband when he asked the manager to not speak in Spanish to another staff member was told "YOU ARE IN MEXICO SIR". Sadly, this was not the experience we were expecting from all the reports on the Palladium Addicts forum, so thought you should know.

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a very relaxing refreshing time. Restaurant had great food and even better service. Angel was our main waiter and was outstanding. He took the time to explain the menu and teach some Spanish as well. If you are looking for a quiet relaxing ome with

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Olivos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

After getting a surprise chunk of time off from our jobs as teachers, me, my husband, and a friend of ours booked a last minute vacation to this wonderful resort. We found the Royal Suites to be a fantastic place to stay--I have read some of the other reviews & have been, quite frankly, shocked at some of the low comments. The service was wonderful--I don't think I left my beach chair more than twice THE ENTIRE WEEK to get my own drink: someone continually made the rounds & brought us poolside snacks & cocktails. The adults side was--I assure you--adults only complete with our own restaurant. Every time we went to the other side I thought "eh. I've been ruined. I can't handle all these noisy kids"--and I'm a teacher! I love kids! we were jut so spoiled.

The surf was mediocre (according to my husband), but as he said "the break it 20 feet from my room, so really-who am I to complain?". We LOVED that you are about 45 min away from town because, having been to Puerto Nuevo in the past I can attest that a crowded beach & a bunch of people trying to sell you stuff can be a real pain. This felt truly relaxing.

My ONLY criticism is that the bed could have been a bit more comfortable & yes, the walls were pretty thin. That said, the hotel was otherwise totally crowded. My husband & I are pretty well traveled & do everything from backcountry camping, to fancy resorts in Hawaii. We intentionally try never to go to the same place twice & on our way out the door I said to him "do you think we will come back here one day?" His response was "God I hope so." I can't think of a better compliment than that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear MackieFox
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service and our product.
I appreciate your positive notes about the hotel and I was very happy to read that you liked the room and the facilities that we have in Royal Suites Punta de Mita. For us it is so important to know our guests opinions in order to improve our service day to day.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband back to the resort and make your stay nothing but a pleasure experience again.
Best regards,
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Royal Suites were very nice, clean and grounds very well kept. The Punta Mita restaurant was good. Angel for dinner service was more than gracious and accommodating. He made it happen. Carlos was excellent for breakfast. Yaditira was very nice and accommodating for cleaning services. Room service was quick and prompt, I apologize for not noticing who it was, I believe it was Carlos. Roman for pool service was all over it, unfortunately when the second week got busier he could have used some help, shame on the hotel for not noticing. Omar the Butler was very accommodating for the change in rooms. Grand Palladium restaurants Mexican, Japanese and Italian were nothing to rave about. If it wasn't cold, it was forgotten. Service was not pleasant, it was as if you were an imposition. The meals at the Royal Suites were much better, and if you wanted the entree to be changed up a bit they made it happen. Giovanni at Hemingway's was a star. He knew who you were and what you were drinking. If they ran out of a premium brand Johanna was all over it. I have to say house wine could have been a lot better. The house wine, I think was bad or gone bad. The pool was very nice, except for the temperature, way to hot, it was a heated pool. All and all it was a great time with great friends. Met some very nice people too. The drive is worth it to Puerto Vallarta, lots to see and experience. Weather is awesome and people are great. Travelled for a two week stay January 2013.

Room Tip: Being in the building closest to the pool and the second floor was the best, odd number room. You ov...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 1RW
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write here your comments about your last stay in Royal Suites Punta de Mita. You can be sure that we will congratulate to the staff you kindly mentioned and we will let them know that their efforts to obtain our guests satisfaction have been well received.
Again, thank you for your comments we really appreciate all reports that help us to improve our services and If you decide to come back do not hesitate to contact us again
Best regards
Parksville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

It was our first visit to Royal Suites and we are very impressed! A big thank you to Cesar for holding a Master Suite for us. The master suite was everything we’d hoped it would be and more. We had an amazing 2 week vacation (Jan. 26 – Feb. 9) experiencing some of the best food and service a resort could offer.

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff, ready to make our holiday special. Omar, our butler, provided us with all the information we needed to know and answer any questions. We appreciate his attentiveness as he went above and beyond to make us feel at home, ensuring we had everything we needed to make our holiday perfect.

We tried all of the restaurants on the Palladium side but the only one we really enjoyed was the Bamboo, which we tried twice. The food and service at the Punta Mita restaurant was perfect! Alfredo, Hector and Carlos did a great job making us feel special throughout our stay. A special thank you to Alfredo for always making sure we were happy with our meals. In the evening our waiter, Angel made sure we were treated like royalty….hence “Royal Suites”. He promptly attended our table to take our orders and made sure our champagne glasses were always full. There are some great memories shared in this restaurant.

Although the Royal Suites beach is fairly small, it is private and you can always walk around the salt water pool to the Palladium side where the beach goes for a distance.

We spent the majority of our time near the lower pool where we met lots of friendly people, most of the guests were from Canada. Roman our poolside waiter was amazing! He worked hard making sure all guests always had a drink from the top of the upper pool right down to the beach beds below the lower pool and was always very cheerful.

Hemmingway Bar is a great place to share a drink with friends and Giovanni does a fabulous job of mixing up the drinks. Our favourite drink was Palladium Vallarta….kudos to Giovanni for his great memory, always remembering what guests like to drink!

It was so relaxing at the Royal Suites we didn’t really want to leave to go on any tours, but we did go on two, which I would highly recommend: “Rhythms of the Night”, almost like a Mexican version of Cirque de Soleil, and the “San Sebastion Del Oeste” tour, where we visited one of Mexico’s last remaining colonial mountain towns. It was like stepping back in time to 18th century as we walked along quaint cobble stoned streets passing colonial homes, haciendas and an old church. Although it was a fairly long drive from our resort into the mountains the tour is very interesting.

Definitely one of the best vacations we’ve experienced! We are already making plans to return next year.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Master Suite if you can, as it's well worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Cranna,
Thank you for your kind words about our Resort and staff, we appreciated it very much. We continuously work to make every guest’s holiday a great experience, and it is very important for us to realize that our effort is successful.
We look forward to welcome you back next year and please, let us know it in advance in order to make the proper arrangements to take care about your stay.
Best regards,

Been to The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium? Share your experiences!