This was our fifth trip to this resort so we pretty much knew what to expect however there have been some changes made. Our last visit was over two years ago and as a result there are some differences. The check in experience is different as now you deal with a "butler" rather than a front desk person. After that, you are taken to your suite and given the mini tour. You are now given four bottles of booze (Rum/Tequila/Scotch/Vodka), as complementary with refills at no charge. Herein lies the problem. I ran out of Rum after four days so asked the maid to replace it. She told me to contact the front desk which I subsequently did. I was told by the desk that he would check and let me know? Next day no Rum so I called again and was told only one bottle of each type of liquor per suite per visit! This was of course directly contrary to what the butler told us where the only caveat was not to take the booze out of your room.
I did also notice minor items which required repair such as door stops, toilet paper holders, sink stopper, balcony window etc. The maid service was spotty as one day you'd only be given one robe, no bath mat, no glasses, etc. You are given a choice of pillows so, we chose latex.
It took two days of inquiring before our request was filled. Around the pool, wheels were literally falling off the lounge chairs.
Now for the good stuff, the Punta Mita restaurant was excellent as usual and in my opinion the food is even better than it was in the past! Alfredo, Hector, Carlos and the serving staff for breakfast and lunch and are truly amazing gentlemen! The evening staff are also great.
From my personal perspective, it's a waste of time to go to the Grand Palladium to visit the a la carte restaurants as they don't even come close to the exclusive Royal Suites restaurant.
In summary, it appears that in order to gain the Grand Palladium rating that the money and effort has been spent on that side of the resort not on the Royal Suites side.
Will we go back? That depends on whether the service and ambiance return...
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.