“Overall good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Punta de Mita Km. 11.5 | Bahia de Banderas, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Vancouver, Canada
“Overall good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were at the Royal Suites (the adult only side) Dec 30 to Jan 6 2012. Overall it was a positive experience, with some caveats. We liked the friendly service of the staff, we liked the remoteness of the resort, beautiful, sandy beaches, lovely well kept grounds and because the resort was remote and no other resorts on the Royal Suites side, you felt a degree of privacy, rather than being jammed in. You could walk along the beach in our private cove, without any other resorts or buildings. We liked the food and variety and we found that we were eating at the Punta de Mita restaurant, which was private to the Royal Suites, which also has a private bar and two pools, all much quieter than the Palladium side. We took advantage of the water sports, we surfed (good surf) and we sailed a couple of days. We also thought that the Punta di Mita restaurant was better than any of the a la Carte restaurants. The staff at the Punta di mita, were friendly, courteous and well trained. Also the rooms were spacious and clean (subject to my further comments) and everything worked including the hot water and a/c, and the beds were comfortable and again it was quiet.
It is useful to realize that you are looking at about $40 each way for cab fare to get to Puerto Vallarta because you are 30 miles or so (1 hour) from Puerto Vallarta, and you should have enough small cash to cover the tips; we should have got pesos at the airport to be better prepared as we found that getting cash was problematic, as the ATM in the hotel is expensive and some Cdn bank cards don’t like these machines much. Also on the negative side is the quality of the house wine – it was not drinkable, so that if you wanted to enjoy a glass of wine at dinner you had a buy a bottle of foreign wine. I know people shouldn’t go to these all inclusive expecting a wine experience, but we actually thought the resort, holding itself out as 4/5 star does itself a real disservice with its house wine. We did note that by Cdn standards the foreign wine was not expensive.
The other negative was the fact that, we found our sink area, including our toiletries covered in small insects. Housekeeping of course, generously applied Raid spray to the area, with our toiletries in range for the residue to settle on. The insects were getting into this area through a break in the caulking around the backsplash, which was just a case of neglect. We were cheerfully moved to another room, but nothing else was done to make us feel better about the situation, no apology, etc, which in our view was not good enough for a self styled 4/5 star.
Our compliant isn’t that there bugs but that a 5 Star resort should not be renting a room with such maintenance issues. It seemed the management viewed the insects in a room as an acceptable part of an experience at their resort. But really who finds it acceptable to have to kill insects on your toiletries before you can use them?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Brian D
Thank you for your comments and I would like to apologize for the discomfort you experienced during your stay. For us is so important our guests opinions and we had to offer a correct apologize during your stay with us
Nevertheless, I read you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to resort and make your next vacations an unforgettable experience. I will personally oversee your reservation just let me know.
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I just returned from an eleven day vacation at the Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium. It was a combination New Years 2013 and Birthday celebration. It was an outstanding trip, to say the least. I have traveled extensively in Mexico and have enjoyed a multitude of "all inclusive" properties and the Royal Suites did not disappoint. First of all, the staff was fabulous. From Omar (our private butler),Miguel, at the front desk, Roman, at our private restaurant.....and I cannot forget Mayra (our maid) and Angel (who spoiled us rotten)....in fact, the entire staff made us feel welcome and special at all turns! Did I mention the bartenders?!?! FABU!!!
Our junior suite was lovely...I made use of the spa tub numerous times...watching movies,having a cocktail or two while the hot water bubbled my cares away. Heaven! Chocolates on our bed every night with the turn down service...yummo!
As guests of the Royal Suites (adults only), we could enjoy both sides of the property as the Palladium side is for families. There are several ala carte restaurants to try. Reservations were never an issue and I would highly recommend the Mexican one for a gorgeous sunset dinner, and the Italian one for a lovely pasta dinner...however, I loved our "private" dining on the Royal Suites side. Always wonderful for all meals and the view is just amazing. You will be spoiled! Also, if you want a cocktail made a certain way.....just ask! I loved the pina colada with a dark rum float.. and the bar staff will bend over backwards to make you happy.
The Spa was very nice. The massage therapists know what they are doing and the private facilities of the saunas, jaccuzzis, and pool were clean and beautiful.
The beach is very interesting...it's really not a swimming beach at the Royal Suites, but next door at the Palladium there are wide spans of sand and waves. Great surfing. You will not be harrassed by vendors on these beaches.
If you are looking for a bit more adventure, grab a cab and head to Punta de Mita, La Cruz and my absolute favorite....Bucerias. You will enjoy great fresh Mexican seafood in quaint restaurants and bars. Great shopping is also there....Don't be afraid to venture out if your Spanish is not good, most people speak English....
All in all, a wonderful trip and I recommend trying the Royal Suites. The staff is there to make your stay wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side have a more private jungle view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen C
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. I am indeed thrilled you enjoyed your visit and found our staff to be friendly and hospitable. I will surely share your comments with the team of Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
If you plan to visit us on the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will personally take care of your booking, to ensure you have a perfect stay.
kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We just returned from a trip in December to the all inclusive Royal Suites Punta Mita. We have been there several times in the past few years and keep coming back for several reasons, one of the uppermost being the wonderful, caring staff at this resort. Cesar is the new manager there and he was very nice and accommodating. Jesse was very attentive on our arrival as he was the rest of our stay. All the staff there are amazing and many feel like family to us. We usually eat in the restaurant right there because we enjoy the food and people like Alfredo (a real gentleman), Carlos, Hector, Miguel, Angel all treat us so well and we feel they are our amigos. The bar staff can't do enough for us and again Marcario, Oscar, Roman, Valeria (sp) are like good friends. (I wish that my Spanish was as good as their English). Can't say enough about ALL the staff. That combined with the beauty of the Bahia de Banderas will have us coming back again and again.

Kelowna, B.C.

Dear pvb2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service and our product.
I was very pleased to read all the positive comments you had for us in your second visit to Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our 21 and 23 year old daughters and ourselves went to Mexico for Christmas this year. Our first time away at this time of year. The Puerto Vallarta side was recommended for Christmas because of it's typically warmer weather. It did not disappoint!! 30-33 degrees C every day!!

The girls wanted the adut only side, and we must say that after touring the whole resort - both sides - we were very happy that we were staying on the Royal Suites side. From the service, pools, available loungers, meals at the Royal Suites Restaurant, the bar, towels by the pool, little treats brought around the pool.....beyond perfect!!! We always sat at the same table in the open air restaurant, and were served by Hector or Angel. Bar service was Miguel, with pool side service by Roman or Miguel. We can't say enough about these fine people!! Friendly and attentive. Sure missed them the few times we tried the a la cartes on the Palladium side. So much so, that we never went anywhere else for breakfast or lunch :) Jesse, the butler, was also very attentive to the RS guests. Checking to see if we needed anything.

The shows on the Palladium side were par for the course at a resort. We ended up not staying up for them for the last few nights - too much sun and "frozen fruity things" so bed was welcomed more. On our last night, we went down to the RS pool and enjoyed a late evening swim, followed by a coffee with Bailey's. So nice!! Should have done this every night!!

We enjoyed our spa visit as well. The energizing exfoliation was the perfect end of trip treat for our skin!!

As far as the beach went,it was rocky by the Royal Suites with rock extending all the way through the sand in parts We knew this from pictures and reviews, so it was expected. There was also high tide each morning, so the walkable beach was that much smaller. But it also made it interesting to investigate. We also watched the surfers and body boarders at the section of beach where the waves were breaking the best. It was fun to play in the waves, but watch some rocks under the water. Hence, we spent most of our time at the RS pool. Again, expected, so not a disappointment.

We went on two tours. One through Sunwing, and one I booked myself through Trip Advisor reviews. The one through Sunwing was Rhythms of the Night at Los Caletas. Great show. Stunning views with all the torches. Great buffet. But the process for the tour made you feel like a cow being herded for branding. Herded to the seating area for the show. Herded to your row bench to sit down. Herded back out for dining, which was organized by how many were sitting at your table. So all the 3-4 person tables were together, the couples together, and the larger parties together. We ended up in a very nice location to eat, right by the water. So it was beautiful. But just the 'herding' was bothersome. The buffet was great and well worth it. Then you were to be at the docking area when a bell sounded to board the boat again. The guys on the boat back were very good at providing entertainment - but perhaps could have mentioned that they did have blankets aboard, as many people were sitting there shivering.

The other tour was a whale watching tour through Ocean Friendly. Look them up and book with them!!! Small tour company, and owner (Oskar) is an oceanographer and a photographer. 13 people on our boat. Educational and comfortable...and great sandwiches on home baked bread!! Don't book with anyone else, unless you are looking for a booze-cruise. Oskar knows whales and you will come away from the tour learning so much about whales, their migration, the singers in the pods, moms and babies....Awesome tour!!

All this to say that we thoroughly enjoyed the Royal Suites Punta Mita. Being treated like royalty never felt so good!!! Thank you to all the wonderful people who work there!!!

Room Tip: On the Royal Suites side, the only rooms with ocean view are the Master suites. We understand that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Takkara,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. I am indeed thrilled you and your family enjoyed your visit and found our staff to be friendly and hospitable. I will surely share your comments with the team as well as Juan Martinez and Marcelino.
Best regards
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I spent a week here from December 20th. We are both mid forties with no kids. We were pleased with the room. It was big enough, always cleaned to perfection on time, and the pillow menu was a nice touch. I myself wouldn't have spent the 120 bucks a night for an upgrade to the master suite, but others we spoke to did and were pleased. The service at the front desk was prompt and courteous. Jesse was a help at all times, getting us to our room and sorting out reservations. We spent the majority of our time at the pool, as we didn't care for the beach layout. Pool service was for the most part good, some days better than others. Rafeal was an excellent bartender, and made a great cappucino. Service in the restaurant was great, Angel and all the others are very professional. The dinners were good, not great. We did enjoy lobster on a few nights, and I probably did have the best steak I've ever eaten in Mexico. We ate at 3 other ala cartes at the Palladium, and were quite happy, but never amazed. The house wine needs to be upgraded, but we brought our own from the Okanagan valley and it was never a problem for them to uncork it for us. The gardens around the resorts are beautiful, and well taken care of. I am glad we only spent 1 week, as I think we may have gotten a little stir crazy, and the resort is fairly secluded. We met some very nice people, enjoyed some sun and few drinks by the pool, and relaxed. In all a good trip.

Dear rlbarton
I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the Royal Suites Punta de Mita. I really appreciate that you and your partner enjoyed your vacations. I will take note about your comments and I will send them to our staff. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email
Northern Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Wow what a wonderful resort. Upon arrival my husband and I were promplty greeted by Jesse with a drink and a rose. We arrived early (noon) and our room was ready. Jesse was nice enough to show us the master sweet which I thought was a must until we saw how nice our room was. We then went to lunch and had marvelous service by Miguel. First impressions are so important and we knew we were in for a fabulous vacation. By far what impressed me the most with this resort was the wonderful staff. Our two favorites were Ramon who provided excellent poolside service and Angel who was the best server I have ever encountered. I own a restaurant and wish I had such an excellent waiter. Also Alfredo and Hector provided excellent service for breakfast. Hector always had a big smile which was infectious. Also want to say our housekeeper Myra was fabulous. Our room was always spotless. And last but not least was our favorite bartender Valario (bad spelling). Always a smile and a suggestion of what we might like.

More than the wonderful resort was the amazing people we met. Don, Joan,David , Myrna, Sandy, Cheryl, Wayne, Roxanne, Ellie, Carl and the Newfies (not sure how you spell that in Canada). We miss you all and hope to get to visit you soon.

Only negatives and they are minor. Our lights blipped out on our first night several times and I crashed into the tub trying to open the door. It left an ugly bruise I looked at all week. Someone was there in 15 minutes to fix the problem. Also I was bitten in bed several times for two nights. NOT bed bugs, maybe a spider or something. Not sure what it was as my hubby was untouched. I never mentioned it to management as we were in paradise and I did not want to seem like a petty American. Another lady also had the same problem and we compared bites and laughed. I never left the pool so it wasn' t something on the beach. This is just an FYI for anyone traveling. If you get a random bite or 25 they are harmless.

I have stayed at 20 resorts in Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic. This was by far the best! Move over Sandals the Grand Palladium in Punta Mita ROCKS! We have also stayed at Palladium in Montego Bay and this was hands down better.

Dear Minnesotawild
First of all, thank you so much for your visit and I am thrilled you had such a great visit and we left you a memorable impression. Rest assured I have taken note of your comments regarding our staff. I am indeed honoured to have members of the team that help make our guests experience an unforgettable and special one. I will share your kind words to them.
We look forward to see you again and thank you for sharing your experience in Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my second time back to the Palladium, first time on the Royal side. For the price of the upgrade, I highly recommend it. The resort is beautiful and the environmental policies are some of the best I've ever seen at any resort; though it seems to be a struggle to get their guests onboard with that policy. I saw numerous people just leave their plastic cups strewn around the beach, but I saw staff members constantly picking them up and depositing them in the recycle bins that are found all over the resort. Good on the maintenance staff for caring about their jobs and keeping up the eco policies of the Palladium.
Special thanks to the many amazing staff members who work at the resort. Many of them were the same wonderful people I saw last year and many of them remembered me when I returned. Eddie, the Palladium bellboy was awesome as usual, and Jesse, my butler on the Royal side was so sweet and helpful. Martin on the Animation team was so friendly, and often came by my table to make sure I wasn't feeling lonely (I was travelling alone). He'd often sit and chat and even danced with me one night in the disco! Juan at the beach bar was awesome, and always knew my drink order. He was friendly and really helped to boost the positive energy at the beach! Vanessa and her sister Franseca in the courtyard bar are the 2 best servers I've ever encountered. They are 2 ladies I will truly miss and would come back to the Palladium for. Marcelino and Giovanni are 2 of the best bar tenders I've met, and always took the time to stop by our table and make sure the drinks were to our liking. Hugo at the Royal front desk was the picture of professionalism, but always had time for a smile and to regale me with stories about traditional Mexican life, which I was more than happy to listen to. He was just a great person to chat with.
The room was a great upgrade from the Palladium side, the best were sooo comfy, and the jacuzzi tub was great. The pool on the Royal side is amazing, an infinity pool that sits upon a cliff overlooking the ocean. The sound of quiet guitars strumming in the background again the sound of crickets chirping and the faint pounding of the ocean in the distance was worth every penny of the upgrade. Oh, that the free lobster every night if you wish.
If you're going to the Palladium, you've made an excellent choice. If you upgrade to the Royal side, you'll be on the perfect vacation.

Room Tip: If you're staying on the Royal side, just know that there are only 4 rooms with ocean view. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear MMGirlCalgary_AB,
I am glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. We are continuously working in order to keep high our guest expectations and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to improve every day.
Thanks again and we look forward to see you in the future.
Best Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta de Mita
Hotel Meson de Mita
Hotel Meson de Mita
#9 of 10 in Punta de Mita
4.0 of 5 stars 38 reviews
Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa
Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Sp...
#8 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Iberostar Playa Mita
#4 of 10 in Punta de Mita
4.5 of 5 stars 1,224 reviews
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Been to The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium? Share your experiences!