We were at the Royal Suites (the adult only side) Dec 30 to Jan 6 2012. Overall it was a positive experience, with some caveats. We liked the friendly service of the staff, we liked the remoteness of the resort, beautiful, sandy beaches, lovely well kept grounds and because the resort was remote and no other resorts on the Royal Suites side, you felt a degree of privacy, rather than being jammed in. You could walk along the beach in our private cove, without any other resorts or buildings. We liked the food and variety and we found that we were eating at the Punta de Mita restaurant, which was private to the Royal Suites, which also has a private bar and two pools, all much quieter than the Palladium side. We took advantage of the water sports, we surfed (good surf) and we sailed a couple of days. We also thought that the Punta di Mita restaurant was better than any of the a la Carte restaurants. The staff at the Punta di mita, were friendly, courteous and well trained. Also the rooms were spacious and clean (subject to my further comments) and everything worked including the hot water and a/c, and the beds were comfortable and again it was quiet.
It is useful to realize that you are looking at about $40 each way for cab fare to get to Puerto Vallarta because you are 30 miles or so (1 hour) from Puerto Vallarta, and you should have enough small cash to cover the tips; we should have got pesos at the airport to be better prepared as we found that getting cash was problematic, as the ATM in the hotel is expensive and some Cdn bank cards don’t like these machines much. Also on the negative side is the quality of the house wine – it was not drinkable, so that if you wanted to enjoy a glass of wine at dinner you had a buy a bottle of foreign wine. I know people shouldn’t go to these all inclusive expecting a wine experience, but we actually thought the resort, holding itself out as 4/5 star does itself a real disservice with its house wine. We did note that by Cdn standards the foreign wine was not expensive.
The other negative was the fact that, we found our sink area, including our toiletries covered in small insects. Housekeeping of course, generously applied Raid spray to the area, with our toiletries in range for the residue to settle on. The insects were getting into this area through a break in the caulking around the backsplash, which was just a case of neglect. We were cheerfully moved to another room, but nothing else was done to make us feel better about the situation, no apology, etc, which in our view was not good enough for a self styled 4/5 star.
Our compliant isn’t that there bugs but that a 5 Star resort should not be renting a room with such maintenance issues. It seemed the management viewed the insects in a room as an acceptable part of an experience at their resort. But really who finds it acceptable to have to kill insects on your toiletries before you can use them?
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.