Our 21 and 23 year old daughters and ourselves went to Mexico for Christmas this year. Our first time away at this time of year. The Puerto Vallarta side was recommended for Christmas because of it's typically warmer weather. It did not disappoint!! 30-33 degrees C every day!!
The girls wanted the adut only side, and we must say that after touring the whole resort - both sides - we were very happy that we were staying on the Royal Suites side. From the service, pools, available loungers, meals at the Royal Suites Restaurant, the bar, towels by the pool, little treats brought around the pool.....beyond perfect!!! We always sat at the same table in the open air restaurant, and were served by Hector or Angel. Bar service was Miguel, with pool side service by Roman or Miguel. We can't say enough about these fine people!! Friendly and attentive. Sure missed them the few times we tried the a la cartes on the Palladium side. So much so, that we never went anywhere else for breakfast or lunch :) Jesse, the butler, was also very attentive to the RS guests. Checking to see if we needed anything.
The shows on the Palladium side were par for the course at a resort. We ended up not staying up for them for the last few nights - too much sun and "frozen fruity things" so bed was welcomed more. On our last night, we went down to the RS pool and enjoyed a late evening swim, followed by a coffee with Bailey's. So nice!! Should have done this every night!!
We enjoyed our spa visit as well. The energizing exfoliation was the perfect end of trip treat for our skin!!
As far as the beach went,it was rocky by the Royal Suites with rock extending all the way through the sand in parts We knew this from pictures and reviews, so it was expected. There was also high tide each morning, so the walkable beach was that much smaller. But it also made it interesting to investigate. We also watched the surfers and body boarders at the section of beach where the waves were breaking the best. It was fun to play in the waves, but watch some rocks under the water. Hence, we spent most of our time at the RS pool. Again, expected, so not a disappointment.
We went on two tours. One through Sunwing, and one I booked myself through Trip Advisor reviews. The one through Sunwing was Rhythms of the Night at Los Caletas. Great show. Stunning views with all the torches. Great buffet. But the process for the tour made you feel like a cow being herded for branding. Herded to the seating area for the show. Herded to your row bench to sit down. Herded back out for dining, which was organized by how many were sitting at your table. So all the 3-4 person tables were together, the couples together, and the larger parties together. We ended up in a very nice location to eat, right by the water. So it was beautiful. But just the 'herding' was bothersome. The buffet was great and well worth it. Then you were to be at the docking area when a bell sounded to board the boat again. The guys on the boat back were very good at providing entertainment - but perhaps could have mentioned that they did have blankets aboard, as many people were sitting there shivering.
The other tour was a whale watching tour through Ocean Friendly. Look them up and book with them!!! Small tour company, and owner (Oskar) is an oceanographer and a photographer. 13 people on our boat. Educational and comfortable...and great sandwiches on home baked bread!! Don't book with anyone else, unless you are looking for a booze-cruise. Oskar knows whales and you will come away from the tour learning so much about whales, their migration, the singers in the pods, moms and babies....Awesome tour!!
All this to say that we thoroughly enjoyed the Royal Suites Punta Mita. Being treated like royalty never felt so good!!! Thank you to all the wonderful people who work there!!!
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Expedia, MexVax, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.