“Royal Suites...no other way to do it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium

Save Saved
You added The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Punta de Mita Km. 11.5 | Bahia de Banderas, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Punta de Mita
Edmonton, Canada
“Royal Suites...no other way to do it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our 21 and 23 year old daughters and ourselves went to Mexico for Christmas this year. Our first time away at this time of year. The Puerto Vallarta side was recommended for Christmas because of it's typically warmer weather. It did not disappoint!! 30-33 degrees C every day!!

The girls wanted the adut only side, and we must say that after touring the whole resort - both sides - we were very happy that we were staying on the Royal Suites side. From the service, pools, available loungers, meals at the Royal Suites Restaurant, the bar, towels by the pool, little treats brought around the pool.....beyond perfect!!! We always sat at the same table in the open air restaurant, and were served by Hector or Angel. Bar service was Miguel, with pool side service by Roman or Miguel. We can't say enough about these fine people!! Friendly and attentive. Sure missed them the few times we tried the a la cartes on the Palladium side. So much so, that we never went anywhere else for breakfast or lunch :) Jesse, the butler, was also very attentive to the RS guests. Checking to see if we needed anything.

The shows on the Palladium side were par for the course at a resort. We ended up not staying up for them for the last few nights - too much sun and "frozen fruity things" so bed was welcomed more. On our last night, we went down to the RS pool and enjoyed a late evening swim, followed by a coffee with Bailey's. So nice!! Should have done this every night!!

We enjoyed our spa visit as well. The energizing exfoliation was the perfect end of trip treat for our skin!!

As far as the beach went,it was rocky by the Royal Suites with rock extending all the way through the sand in parts We knew this from pictures and reviews, so it was expected. There was also high tide each morning, so the walkable beach was that much smaller. But it also made it interesting to investigate. We also watched the surfers and body boarders at the section of beach where the waves were breaking the best. It was fun to play in the waves, but watch some rocks under the water. Hence, we spent most of our time at the RS pool. Again, expected, so not a disappointment.

We went on two tours. One through Sunwing, and one I booked myself through Trip Advisor reviews. The one through Sunwing was Rhythms of the Night at Los Caletas. Great show. Stunning views with all the torches. Great buffet. But the process for the tour made you feel like a cow being herded for branding. Herded to the seating area for the show. Herded to your row bench to sit down. Herded back out for dining, which was organized by how many were sitting at your table. So all the 3-4 person tables were together, the couples together, and the larger parties together. We ended up in a very nice location to eat, right by the water. So it was beautiful. But just the 'herding' was bothersome. The buffet was great and well worth it. Then you were to be at the docking area when a bell sounded to board the boat again. The guys on the boat back were very good at providing entertainment - but perhaps could have mentioned that they did have blankets aboard, as many people were sitting there shivering.

The other tour was a whale watching tour through Ocean Friendly. Look them up and book with them!!! Small tour company, and owner (Oskar) is an oceanographer and a photographer. 13 people on our boat. Educational and comfortable...and great sandwiches on home baked bread!! Don't book with anyone else, unless you are looking for a booze-cruise. Oskar knows whales and you will come away from the tour learning so much about whales, their migration, the singers in the pods, moms and babies....Awesome tour!!

All this to say that we thoroughly enjoyed the Royal Suites Punta Mita. Being treated like royalty never felt so good!!! Thank you to all the wonderful people who work there!!!

Room Tip: On the Royal Suites side, the only rooms with ocean view are the Master suites. We understand that...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Takkara,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. I am indeed thrilled you and your family enjoyed your visit and found our staff to be friendly and hospitable. I will surely share your comments with the team as well as Juan Martinez and Marcelino.
If you plan to visit us on the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will personally take care of your booking
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I spent a week here from December 20th. We are both mid forties with no kids. We were pleased with the room. It was big enough, always cleaned to perfection on time, and the pillow menu was a nice touch. I myself wouldn't have spent the 120 bucks a night for an upgrade to the master suite, but others we spoke to did and were pleased. The service at the front desk was prompt and courteous. Jesse was a help at all times, getting us to our room and sorting out reservations. We spent the majority of our time at the pool, as we didn't care for the beach layout. Pool service was for the most part good, some days better than others. Rafeal was an excellent bartender, and made a great cappucino. Service in the restaurant was great, Angel and all the others are very professional. The dinners were good, not great. We did enjoy lobster on a few nights, and I probably did have the best steak I've ever eaten in Mexico. We ate at 3 other ala cartes at the Palladium, and were quite happy, but never amazed. The house wine needs to be upgraded, but we brought our own from the Okanagan valley and it was never a problem for them to uncork it for us. The gardens around the resorts are beautiful, and well taken care of. I am glad we only spent 1 week, as I think we may have gotten a little stir crazy, and the resort is fairly secluded. We met some very nice people, enjoyed some sun and few drinks by the pool, and relaxed. In all a good trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear rlbarton
I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the Royal Suites Punta de Mita. I really appreciate that you and your partner enjoyed your vacations. I will take note about your comments and I will send them to our staff. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I hope that you decide to spend your next vacation with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email
Northern Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Wow what a wonderful resort. Upon arrival my husband and I were promplty greeted by Jesse with a drink and a rose. We arrived early (noon) and our room was ready. Jesse was nice enough to show us the master sweet which I thought was a must until we saw how nice our room was. We then went to lunch and had marvelous service by Miguel. First impressions are so important and we knew we were in for a fabulous vacation. By far what impressed me the most with this resort was the wonderful staff. Our two favorites were Ramon who provided excellent poolside service and Angel who was the best server I have ever encountered. I own a restaurant and wish I had such an excellent waiter. Also Alfredo and Hector provided excellent service for breakfast. Hector always had a big smile which was infectious. Also want to say our housekeeper Myra was fabulous. Our room was always spotless. And last but not least was our favorite bartender Valario (bad spelling). Always a smile and a suggestion of what we might like.

More than the wonderful resort was the amazing people we met. Don, Joan,David , Myrna, Sandy, Cheryl, Wayne, Roxanne, Ellie, Carl and the Newfies (not sure how you spell that in Canada). We miss you all and hope to get to visit you soon.

Only negatives and they are minor. Our lights blipped out on our first night several times and I crashed into the tub trying to open the door. It left an ugly bruise I looked at all week. Someone was there in 15 minutes to fix the problem. Also I was bitten in bed several times for two nights. NOT bed bugs, maybe a spider or something. Not sure what it was as my hubby was untouched. I never mentioned it to management as we were in paradise and I did not want to seem like a petty American. Another lady also had the same problem and we compared bites and laughed. I never left the pool so it wasn' t something on the beach. This is just an FYI for anyone traveling. If you get a random bite or 25 they are harmless.

I have stayed at 20 resorts in Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic. This was by far the best! Move over Sandals the Grand Palladium in Punta Mita ROCKS! We have also stayed at Palladium in Montego Bay and this was hands down better.

Dear Minnesotawild
First of all, thank you so much for your visit and I am thrilled you had such a great visit and we left you a memorable impression. Rest assured I have taken note of your comments regarding our staff. I am indeed honoured to have members of the team that help make our guests experience an unforgettable and special one. I will share your kind words to them.
We look forward to see you again and thank you for sharing your experience in Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my second time back to the Palladium, first time on the Royal side. For the price of the upgrade, I highly recommend it. The resort is beautiful and the environmental policies are some of the best I've ever seen at any resort; though it seems to be a struggle to get their guests onboard with that policy. I saw numerous people just leave their plastic cups strewn around the beach, but I saw staff members constantly picking them up and depositing them in the recycle bins that are found all over the resort. Good on the maintenance staff for caring about their jobs and keeping up the eco policies of the Palladium.
Special thanks to the many amazing staff members who work at the resort. Many of them were the same wonderful people I saw last year and many of them remembered me when I returned. Eddie, the Palladium bellboy was awesome as usual, and Jesse, my butler on the Royal side was so sweet and helpful. Martin on the Animation team was so friendly, and often came by my table to make sure I wasn't feeling lonely (I was travelling alone). He'd often sit and chat and even danced with me one night in the disco! Juan at the beach bar was awesome, and always knew my drink order. He was friendly and really helped to boost the positive energy at the beach! Vanessa and her sister Franseca in the courtyard bar are the 2 best servers I've ever encountered. They are 2 ladies I will truly miss and would come back to the Palladium for. Marcelino and Giovanni are 2 of the best bar tenders I've met, and always took the time to stop by our table and make sure the drinks were to our liking. Hugo at the Royal front desk was the picture of professionalism, but always had time for a smile and to regale me with stories about traditional Mexican life, which I was more than happy to listen to. He was just a great person to chat with.
The room was a great upgrade from the Palladium side, the best were sooo comfy, and the jacuzzi tub was great. The pool on the Royal side is amazing, an infinity pool that sits upon a cliff overlooking the ocean. The sound of quiet guitars strumming in the background again the sound of crickets chirping and the faint pounding of the ocean in the distance was worth every penny of the upgrade. Oh, that the free lobster every night if you wish.
If you're going to the Palladium, you've made an excellent choice. If you upgrade to the Royal side, you'll be on the perfect vacation.

Room Tip: If you're staying on the Royal side, just know that there are only 4 rooms with ocean view. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear MMGirlCalgary_AB,
I am glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. We are continuously working in order to keep high our guest expectations and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to improve every day.
Thanks again and we look forward to see you in the future.
Best Regards
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was our 11th stay in an all inclusive Mexican resort, first time in Royal Suites, which was also the smallest resort we have stayed in. We loved our 10 day vacation and appreciated the fact that it is small, quiet, with beautiful grounds, pools and a restaurant with the most beautiful view looking at the ocean, and we did not want to leave at the end of 10 days.
We stayed in a junior suite which was spacious, clean and in villa 2 close to the pool area. This was great for us as we spent most of the day on the beach and came back to the room to change for meals, We didn't have a "view" but this wasn't important to us as we spent most of our waking hours outside - that's why we went there!
We found it to be one of the friendliest resorts we had been to, probably because other guests were there for the same reason as we were, to "chill out" and be social when and if we wanted to be.
Staff were all excellent including the concierges ( Jesse and Misael) and waiters Tino and Alfredo.
The food in the ocean view restaurant was consistently very good and the chefs were able to produce lobster and shrimp and in fact any protein, done perfectly. The menu changed daily and we were more than satisfied with the food, including imaginative salads and soups, the exception being, the desserts were not up to the level of 3 or 4 star resorts that we have stayed in previously, We also could have enjoyed a cheese tray instead of dessert but that wasn't offered, All in all, we will come back again for sure.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floow in villa 2, 5009 with a door to an adjoining suite, it was good but we h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Robin C
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service and our product.
I appreciate your positive notes about the hotel and I was very happy to read that you liked the service and concept in our hotel. I appreciate too the feedback you have provided regarding our food and beverage offerings. For us it is so important to know our guests opinions in order to improve our service day to day and I will take note about your suggestions regards our desserts
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort and make your stay nothing but a pleasure experience again.
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We just returned from a week and feel relaxed and refreshed. Since it's about an hour to PV, we just stayed at the resort. The rooms are spacious enough, with a jacuzzi tub by the bed in most rooms.

But the best part is the service of the staff, and the food. I had Lobster every night, sometimes two! And during the day, we had shrimp brochettes by the pool or the ocean. Sooooo gooood.

The waiters are all great. Everyone of them -especially Ramon. And the bartenders - Mattiais and Rafael served the best drinks. In the Punta Mita restaurant, our favorite was Josh. Young dude, with a great attitude.

Since we had the run of the Grand Palladium, we ate there too. The Bambu was the best by far. Ask for Jaime to serve you. He's the best over there. And also check out the Adults only pool. It's as good as The Royal.

And finally, the whole experience was high end. Jessie helps you out from the moment you arrive. And checking out, we found that it was better to to take a taxi to the airport versus taking the shuttle bus. Saved us 2 hours, but cost 360 pesos . So what.

Check it out. You'll love it.

Dear Slubby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We spent our first two weeks at the Grand Palladium Hotel, then up graded to this hotel. A very nice quiet hotel. It is adults only, find this a little different after being at the Grand Palladium as they are defiantly a kid friendly hotel. Being at the palladium is very relaxing, the service is outstanding. The hotel itself is very nice, the regular suites are very large, and spacious, the double jet tub is an added bonus. We would defiantly stay here again. The staff and level of service really make this resort.

Room Tip: If you can afford it and they are available go for the Master suite, your wife will love you for it.
Dear Bingo26
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will take note about your good comments about our personal service too and let them know!!. I know our staff service is one of the best qualities that our hotel has.
I hope that you decides to spend your next holiday with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email.
Best regards,

Been to The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium? Share your experiences!