Wow what a wonderful resort. Upon arrival my husband and I were promplty greeted by Jesse with a drink and a rose. We arrived early (noon) and our room was ready. Jesse was nice enough to show us the master sweet which I thought was a must until we saw how nice our room was. We then went to lunch and had marvelous service by Miguel. First impressions are so important and we knew we were in for a fabulous vacation. By far what impressed me the most with this resort was the wonderful staff. Our two favorites were Ramon who provided excellent poolside service and Angel who was the best server I have ever encountered. I own a restaurant and wish I had such an excellent waiter. Also Alfredo and Hector provided excellent service for breakfast. Hector always had a big smile which was infectious. Also want to say our housekeeper Myra was fabulous. Our room was always spotless. And last but not least was our favorite bartender Valario (bad spelling). Always a smile and a suggestion of what we might like.
More than the wonderful resort was the amazing people we met. Don, Joan,David , Myrna, Sandy, Cheryl, Wayne, Roxanne, Ellie, Carl and the Newfies (not sure how you spell that in Canada). We miss you all and hope to get to visit you soon.
Only negatives and they are minor. Our lights blipped out on our first night several times and I crashed into the tub trying to open the door. It left an ugly bruise I looked at all week. Someone was there in 15 minutes to fix the problem. Also I was bitten in bed several times for two nights. NOT bed bugs, maybe a spider or something. Not sure what it was as my hubby was untouched. I never mentioned it to management as we were in paradise and I did not want to seem like a petty American. Another lady also had the same problem and we compared bites and laughed. I never left the pool so it wasn' t something on the beach. This is just an FYI for anyone traveling. If you get a random bite or 25 they are harmless.
I have stayed at 20 resorts in Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic. This was by far the best! Move over Sandals the Grand Palladium in Punta Mita ROCKS! We have also stayed at Palladium in Montego Bay and this was hands down better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita