“Treated like Royalty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium

Save Saved
You added The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Punta de Mita Km. 11.5 | Bahia de Banderas, Punta de Mita 63734, Mexico   |
Ranked #8 of 10 hotels in Punta de Mita
Calgary, AB
“Treated like Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my second time back to the Palladium, first time on the Royal side. For the price of the upgrade, I highly recommend it. The resort is beautiful and the environmental policies are some of the best I've ever seen at any resort; though it seems to be a struggle to get their guests onboard with that policy. I saw numerous people just leave their plastic cups strewn around the beach, but I saw staff members constantly picking them up and depositing them in the recycle bins that are found all over the resort. Good on the maintenance staff for caring about their jobs and keeping up the eco policies of the Palladium.
Special thanks to the many amazing staff members who work at the resort. Many of them were the same wonderful people I saw last year and many of them remembered me when I returned. Eddie, the Palladium bellboy was awesome as usual, and Jesse, my butler on the Royal side was so sweet and helpful. Martin on the Animation team was so friendly, and often came by my table to make sure I wasn't feeling lonely (I was travelling alone). He'd often sit and chat and even danced with me one night in the disco! Juan at the beach bar was awesome, and always knew my drink order. He was friendly and really helped to boost the positive energy at the beach! Vanessa and her sister Franseca in the courtyard bar are the 2 best servers I've ever encountered. They are 2 ladies I will truly miss and would come back to the Palladium for. Marcelino and Giovanni are 2 of the best bar tenders I've met, and always took the time to stop by our table and make sure the drinks were to our liking. Hugo at the Royal front desk was the picture of professionalism, but always had time for a smile and to regale me with stories about traditional Mexican life, which I was more than happy to listen to. He was just a great person to chat with.
The room was a great upgrade from the Palladium side, the best were sooo comfy, and the jacuzzi tub was great. The pool on the Royal side is amazing, an infinity pool that sits upon a cliff overlooking the ocean. The sound of quiet guitars strumming in the background again the sound of crickets chirping and the faint pounding of the ocean in the distance was worth every penny of the upgrade. Oh, that the free lobster every night if you wish.
If you're going to the Palladium, you've made an excellent choice. If you upgrade to the Royal side, you'll be on the perfect vacation.

Room Tip: If you're staying on the Royal side, just know that there are only 4 rooms with ocean view. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Alejandro C, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear MMGirlCalgary_AB,
I am glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us at The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. We are continuously working in order to keep high our guest expectations and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to improve every day.
Thanks again and we look forward to see you in the future.
Best Regards

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was our 11th stay in an all inclusive Mexican resort, first time in Royal Suites, which was also the smallest resort we have stayed in. We loved our 10 day vacation and appreciated the fact that it is small, quiet, with beautiful grounds, pools and a restaurant with the most beautiful view looking at the ocean, and we did not want to leave at the end of 10 days.
We stayed in a junior suite which was spacious, clean and in villa 2 close to the pool area. This was great for us as we spent most of the day on the beach and came back to the room to change for meals, We didn't have a "view" but this wasn't important to us as we spent most of our waking hours outside - that's why we went there!
We found it to be one of the friendliest resorts we had been to, probably because other guests were there for the same reason as we were, to "chill out" and be social when and if we wanted to be.
Staff were all excellent including the concierges ( Jesse and Misael) and waiters Tino and Alfredo.
The food in the ocean view restaurant was consistently very good and the chefs were able to produce lobster and shrimp and in fact any protein, done perfectly. The menu changed daily and we were more than satisfied with the food, including imaginative salads and soups, the exception being, the desserts were not up to the level of 3 or 4 star resorts that we have stayed in previously, We also could have enjoyed a cheese tray instead of dessert but that wasn't offered, All in all, we will come back again for sure.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floow in villa 2, 5009 with a door to an adjoining suite, it was good but we h...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Robin C
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve our service and our product.
I appreciate your positive notes about the hotel and I was very happy to read that you liked the service and concept in our hotel. I appreciate too the feedback you have provided regarding our food and beverage offerings. For us it is so important to know our guests opinions in order to improve our service day to day and I will take note about your suggestions regards our desserts
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort and make your stay nothing but a pleasure experience again.
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We just returned from a week and feel relaxed and refreshed. Since it's about an hour to PV, we just stayed at the resort. The rooms are spacious enough, with a jacuzzi tub by the bed in most rooms.

But the best part is the service of the staff, and the food. I had Lobster every night, sometimes two! And during the day, we had shrimp brochettes by the pool or the ocean. Sooooo gooood.

The waiters are all great. Everyone of them -especially Ramon. And the bartenders - Mattiais and Rafael served the best drinks. In the Punta Mita restaurant, our favorite was Josh. Young dude, with a great attitude.

Since we had the run of the Grand Palladium, we ate there too. The Bambu was the best by far. Ask for Jaime to serve you. He's the best over there. And also check out the Adults only pool. It's as good as The Royal.

And finally, the whole experience was high end. Jessie helps you out from the moment you arrive. And checking out, we found that it was better to to take a taxi to the airport versus taking the shuttle bus. Saved us 2 hours, but cost 360 pesos . So what.

Check it out. You'll love it.

Dear Slubby
First of all, thank you so much for your visit and I am thrilled you had such a great visit and we left you a memorable impression. Rest assured I have taken note of your comments regarding our staff. I am indeed honoured to have members of the team that help make our guests experience an unforgettable and special one. I will share your kind words to them.
We look forward to see you again and thank you for sharing your experience in Royal Suites Punta de Mita.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We spent our first two weeks at the Grand Palladium Hotel, then up graded to this hotel. A very nice quiet hotel. It is adults only, find this a little different after being at the Grand Palladium as they are defiantly a kid friendly hotel. Being at the palladium is very relaxing, the service is outstanding. The hotel itself is very nice, the regular suites are very large, and spacious, the double jet tub is an added bonus. We would defiantly stay here again. The staff and level of service really make this resort.

Room Tip: If you can afford it and they are available go for the Master suite, your wife will love you for it.
Dear Bingo26
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will take note about your good comments about our personal service too and let them know!!. I know our staff service is one of the best qualities that our hotel has.
I hope that you decides to spend your next holiday with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email.
Best regards,
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just returned from yet another great week at this wonderful resort. There's something to be said for repeat visits - and we are especially humbled when the staff remember us!! As a manager of a 4 star spa hotel in western Canada, at the very least I expect and appreciate good service wherever I stay. The staff here have 5 star mentality and that is the number one reason we keep coming back. As one of the first Royal Suite guests when it opened, we have watched this side of the resort grow and improve over the years. Each time we notice small changes that enhance our stay. We were pleased to find a green theme featuring new low flush toilets and a recycle program for 2012.

At time of booking we request the same room and appreciate when the request is honoured. We are so excited to see Alfredo, Hector and Carlos the first and each morning thereafter in the Punta Mita Restaurant. Then Tino, Angel and Miguel each night for dinner and chocolate fondue. The food and service are so good on the adult side, we don't even bother eating at the a la carte restaurants on the other side! Roman does an excellent job of making sure the poolside guests are fed and watered during the day. I saw him bring a bag of ice to a guest who turned his ankle prior to arrival and aggravated it while walking on the beach. The evening ends with chocolate on the pillow and turn down service from Juana in housekeeping. Fabulous service all around.

The other reason we keep coming back is the heated pool. True luxury is a warm pool on a hot day. Trust me. The evenings cool off as soon as the sun sets; that warm pool is heavenly for moonlight swims. Imagine my dissapointment when we arrived and the pool heater was not on!!! All the repeat guests commented on it. Perhaps it was my own fault - we came a week earlier than usual (Nov 26 - Dec 3). I mentioned it to Alfredo who got right on the phone to somebody but to no avail. Next year we will come our usual first week of December and I will email ahead of time to ensure the pool is warm for floating/reading. There are 70 chairs around the infinity pools. At any given time only 15 - 20 are occupied. It's soooo quiet!

We've had nice experiences in Cancun and Cozumel, but we like the fact that this resort is frequented mainly by folks from AB & BC with whom we get to reacquaint ourselves year after year.

See you in 2013!

Room Tip: Rooms are huge and very clean! Some have a jacuzzi in the room and others have them in the huge bat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AnaMCastro, General Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Monica Z
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your return to the Royal Suites Punta de Mita. I appreciate and I will take note about your comments. For us is gratifying to know our guest enjoyed their vacations and we are providing our best services for them and they can appreciate our improvements each year. The majority of them are made by suggestions of our guests.
I hope you decide to come back in the future and that we can meet your expectations again
Best regards
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was at the Palladium Royal Suites during Thanksgiving, 2012. I`m a surfer and took my wife and went with another couple. Most surfers stay at the Palladium Hotel, which overlooks the surfing break called Burros. We stayed next door at the Royal Suites, which is an all inclusive Adults only hotel suites. We had privileges at both resorts but people that stayed at the Palladium could not use the Royal Suites` restaurant or come over. I loved staying at the Royal Suites but do have to tell you that there are only 4 ocean view suites called Master Suites. The other suites have little or no view. I upgraded to the Master Suites and it was worth the extra money to see the ocean whenever you were in your room. It had a jaccuzi but we never made time to use it. We spent a lot of time going to other places looking for better surf. We liked being able to go to their A La Carte Restaurant where a dress code was not in effect and had a different menu each day. I prefer eating out in shorts than having to put on long pants when I`m in a tropical area. The other restaurants required long pants and collared shirts. The service and attitude of the employees was outstanding. I wished the Royal Suites had a look out point for viewing the surf but they don`t. That is the only draw back for surfers since the hotel side has great views of the surf. The hotel side also has music playing all during the day and there are lots of kids. The adult side is much quieter and also has a fantastic view of the ocean but not of the surf area. You have a pretty good walk to see the surf. You can leave your own board at the surf shop which is handy if you have a long board. I would not recommend using the hotel`s boards because of their quality; at least the longboards I saw. The guys that worked at the surf shop were super nice. Instead of hiring a boat to take us to different breaks, we got a great guy, Raul, who worked for the hotel`s taxi (van) service to take us surfing and he would wait on us while we surfed and guard whatever we brought with us. Victor lined us up for a real fun night one night going to see the Rhythms of the Night. It was the finest candlelight dinner setting I could have ever imagined and had a great dinner and a show later to go with it. I would recommend this place but remind you that it is an all inclusive resort. With that you have a lot of people. The food and drinks were all good except the wine selection was poor. Besides that, it was a great place.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, try to upgrade to the Master Suites. It is more expensive but you will have...
Dear Jeff
On behalf of the Royal Suites Punta de Mita, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give your comments following your stay with us.
I appreciate your positive notes about the hotel, and I was very happy to read that you liked the rooms, the pool and other facilities that we have.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort and make your stay nothing but a pleasurable experience.
North Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Reading all the reviews of this hotel, it really bothers me that our trip to the Royal Suites had been my worst all inclusive ever, I have been on many.Lets start with we booked our trip at the Palldium next door, room was horrible so we asked to upgrade. They showed us the suite at the Royal, WOW beautiful, yes we will pay the extra for all this extra comfort and little luxuries that would make our stay much better.

The first 3 days in our room was absolute hell. Right away we noticed the fridge did not work, being a diabetic this is crucial on my trips then it was the ipod dock, then it was a light burnt out, then dvd player did not work, then the shower didnt drain, then red splatters, which looked like blood, on the head board, then white paper stuck to the bathroom window tiles. the first 3 days I had mentioned all these items to the front desk, on the phone to guest services, many people just hoping that the stuff would get fixed. In those 3 days the only thing that got fixed was the light bulb. as you can imagine I was very frustrated, upset and getting really piised off. so the 4th day I went and saw our westjet rep, told her everything, wrote it down so I wouldnt forget anything and she couldnt believe it. She took me to the palladium front desk where she spoke to Cesar and he changed our room. We had to wait for the people to check out but that was fine we went to the pool. We ended up paying for 4 nights only, I suggested this and thought it was fair. They did offer us to pay for the 7 nights and they would upgrade us for free on our next trip, and I just told them that I would never come back to this resort. My time and effort in trying to get this stuff fixed i would say about 8 hours, back and forth, on hold, waiting for them to show up, what a waste of time. This is supposed to be a vacation, im not supposed to be frustrated and stressed out.

Things besides the horrific room that went wrong.
Room Service, ordered about 7 times, 3 times order was wrong, 1 time didnt show up at all, and 1 time took 2 hours to come with 3 phone call in the meantime.
Reservations in ala cartes, They didnt have ours, twice!!!
Pillow service, asked for my pillow about 10 times, I never did recieve it.
Maid service, could not remember to replenish the coffee...3 times...Had to try and scramble some up and with the crappy service this took alot of effort. Also couldnt remember to leave a diet coke for me.
My boyfriend got sliced on the back by some sort of pin sticking out of the head board.

Like my tag line says, it had to be us. Positive things about the resort, food was great, rooms were clean, its a beautiful resort with the pool and beach. Talked with alot of guests and they couldnt believe what we were going through, everyone had nothing but positive feed back for this resort.

So take it as you will, this was not our trip...

Room Tip: pick one with working amenities...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
dtoradjuntoayb, Manager at The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Straightupgirl,

We would like to thank you for your feedback about your last holidays in our resort. For us is very important the opinion of our guests, as our aim everyday is to improve our facilities and the quality of service that we provide to our clients.

In regards, to your comments about the issues you had, we deeply regret your impression about it and I would like to express that regardless the annoyance, we are glad that you found the positive things of the resort like the food was great, rooms were clean, it’s a beautiful resort with the pool and beach, because our guests are the most important and we try to always offer the best of the quality and service, and even more personalized service when the situation allow us.

I really would like if you give us another opportunity, and I truly believe that you will be positively surprised with all strides that we are doing in many areas of the hotel.

Thanks again and please let us know if there is anything further we can do and feel free to contact us for your next visit to grant you the best of all attentions.

Kind regards,

Been to The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium? Share your experiences!