After staying at The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium in June, (see my review there) we were curious about this Royal Suites. We also had never been to the west coast of Mexico for a vacation. As it was October, prices were good as well so we did the Master Suites option -- the four MS rooms are the only ocean views at RSPM! So we took the plunge and off we went. Having experienced the massive Palladium complex in the Yucatan, this property was much smaller -- not small, just smaller! Now here is the secret. While this Palladium does a boffo business, (many more Mexican vacationers than in the Yucatan) for a variety of reasons the Royal Suites part of the property is usually at 20% capacity! And what is cool, is it has no accompanying down side service wise we could tell. The food at the Punta Mita Royal Suites seaside restaurant seemed better to us than the Suites food at Yucatan --really good! The menu changed daily and the recipes were interesting and properly prepared. RS guests can avail themselves of free lobster at the Restaurant -- dont bother just ordering lobster -- too messy! Just order lobster tails! Note, the food at the restaurant is far superior option to room service. The service from folks like Carlos and Felipe shows why the property has assigned these guys to the Suites side. So amazing service, great food, true premium drinks and a great heated pool area -- and there are not many people there! Make your reservation today before the capacity grows!
An Interesting sidelight that we were unaware of previously is that it was high tide season, so the ocean made it impossible most of the time to walk down the beach in either direction. But at low tide, in walking to the west, (go right) you could walk through unique terrain usually covered by water, and find a series of pristine white sand beaches that are basically unreachable except at low tide! Really cool if you like to explore on your ocean based vacation! There s a veritable explosion of sea shells, and scrambling crabs to discover! And some amazing vistas to experience and photograph with basically nobody else around!!
If you like the other Royal Suites, or are looking for a 5 star all inclusive for adults only with all the right ingredients for a relaxing getaway, this is THE PLACE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita is a newly constructed VIP section within the Palladium Vallarta Resort featuring 100 rooms and first class facilities and services such as a private restaurant with a la carte service, two private bars serving premium beverages, 24-hour room service, a private swimming pool heated during the winter season, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, concierge service, and free Internet connection. Adults only during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Suites Punta Mita by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Punta Mita By Palladium Hotel Punta De Mita
- Royal Hotel Punta De Mita