TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Matamoros
College Station, Texas
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I came to Matamoros for changing my visa status and lived in this hotel which was referred by a friend in my school. The hotel is excellent and we have been stayed here for 4 nights. The people, food and everything are all good. Especially, the Manager Mr. Salvador is very nice and very helpful for my visa. He picked us up when we had a problem for parking our car at Brownsville, and gave us a ride to hotel, Finger printer office, U.S. Consulate for many times. He also drove us to go shopping in the Mall. Overall, it is a excellent place to live if you want to apply for your visa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went to Matamoros for my visa renew and lived in this hotel as I got referred by my friend. The hotel is a good place to live, everyone in the hotel is nice. Manager Mr. Salvador is very helpful for my visa. He picked me up when I arrived late at Brownsville, and gave me ride to hotel, Finger printer office, U.S. Consulate. And even took me to local restaurant and grocery. Overall, it is a good place to live if you want to apply for your visa.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

On the big scale of things this hotel works and is managed better than the other ones in the area. The rooms are comfortable, the hallways are clean, and the staff is very attentive. Salvador and his staff are willing to help out with other aspects of your trip. Need info, where to get something, track down a city official they'll get you on your way.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I went to Matamoros last week with my wife and 10 months old daughter for my visa stamping. Initially i went to Best Western Suites & Inn hotel in Matamoros which is in Victoria, but they were sold out for one week and re-directed me to the Best Western in Down town matamoros. This hotel staff are very nice and manager Salvador is very nice person. The way he treat his customers is very nice. He gave ride to Finger print office and US Consulate. I forgot my laptop charger and asked his to give ride to nearest electronics shop. He took me to Office Depot/Radio Shock in the mall and some places around the town. He is very nice person, i recommened people to stay in this hotel for the great servive they are providing.

Thank you Salvador sir for all your help and hospitality!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
College Station, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I went to Mexico for visa, and lived in this hotel as we got referral by internet forum. Everything is great just as what the forum say. Hotel is a great place to live, and Manager Salvador is very helpful for our visa. He gave us ride to Consulate, Finger Printer Office, also gave us ride for shopping market, and simple tour of the city. Finally he drove us for picking up visa, and sent us to US border. Finally, we got home safely. This is a very great tour to Mexico, also a great stop-by for renewing visa. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
College Station, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I went to Mexico for renewing visa, we got referral for this hotel from mitbbs forum about Mexico Visa. The hotel service is very good. The manager Mr. Salvador is very nice. He gave us ride to US consulate, finger printer office, pickup of visa, and finally to US border. Also, he drove us to super market, and even for a simple tour of the city. With his help, we smoothly got our visa, and safely got back to US. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was referred by a friend to this hotel, and everything is true! It's a great hotel with great service. The manager Salvador is extremely helpful for my trip, he took me to places around the town at the times I needed to! what more can you ask for?! Another important thing, if you stay on the 4th floor, you get decent signal from AT&T LTE! Yes, you can enjoy LTE speed without roaming at your hotel room! now that's priceless! at least for me :)

Room Tip: 4th floor room for ATT LTE signal!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Plaza Matamoros? Share your experiences!