TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“good value in Ciudad Obregon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gamma by Fiesta Inn Ciudad Obregon

You added Gamma by Fiesta Inn Ciudad Obregon to your Saves list
Gamma by Fiesta Inn Ciudad Obregon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Miguel Aleman y Tetabiate, Ciudad Obregon 85000, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Valle Grande Obregon)   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Ciudad Obregon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“good value in Ciudad Obregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

After 12+ hours driving Hwy MEX16 from Ciudad Chihuahua into Obregon via ST Hwy 17, stumbling upon HOTEL VALLE GRANDE was, indeed, a great surprise. The staff was friendly and professional. The hotel offers up free internet, private secure parking, cable TV, ice, & security. The room is clean, the bed comfortable, and the water hot. Rates are very reasonable. Also, if hungry for a good steak for a fair price, next door is the locally owned/family operated MR STEAK.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gabriel S, Gerente at Gamma by Fiesta Inn Ciudad Obregon, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear guest,

We are glad to know that we are covering our guest needs and this is great to read this review showing us that our work is on the right way. I can say that our staff is our most valued treasure, more than 45 years giving service to thousands of guests and visitors is our best service certificate and most when we read comments like this.

Thank you and Happy New Year 2013.

Gabriel Sanelli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Unfortunately I was quite let down by the Valle Grande. The Internet did now work properly (very frustrating), there was no hot water (lukewarm), the safe box did not work, the carpet and bed spread felt dirty, the key kept getting desensitized, and the back building shakes very violently when trucks go by. It has the structure of a Motel, so really it is nothing special.

The breakfast was excellent, though. But I was coming from a hotel like the One Forum in Culiacan where breakfast is included and the fare is barely above $800 pesos. So, $900 pesos plus $150 for breakfast seemed very expensive for what the Valle Grande had to offer. I selected it due to its high recommendations here in TripAdvisor, but honestly, I was very disappointed.

The location is OK as there is a convenient store (Oxxo) across the street and a couple of restaurants nearby where you can walk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Your comments are very important to us, perhaps we did not cover your expectations our goal is to make every guest enjoy your stay and our service when choosing us. Our First Place in Tripadvisor has been very hard to reach and maintain for the last 6 months, we believe we are in the right direction but we also know that we do have some other points to fix to get the 100% guest satisfaction.

We were working to change the internet antenna during 2 days in order to increase our band width, for this reason we have some interruptions in the service for some hours. But know our guests are enjoying of a very good connection after this work.

Your review will be revised in our next Executive Meeting and be sure we will take care of them properly.

Regarding our prices, we are on the market average in fact we may be below other offers in the area. USD 69.00 per night and USD 11.00 per complete buffet breakfast is a very good option in Ciudad Obregon.

Thank you again for your comments and we really hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future to change your last experience.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2013 !

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I drive through obregon about twice a year and I've been staying at this hotel for the past three I have no complaints the staff is accommodating and helpful this hotel has a great location right off main interstate there is a homedepot, walmart and 24hr resturant about ablock away and for price in my opinion you can't beat it! Oh and I think I Fell in love with one the staff girls

• Stayed May 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your preference ! we continue working to keep our FIRST PLACE in Tripadvisor!
Our location is just one of our other many advantages (Banks, convenient stores, gas station, shopping center, movies, casinos, restaurants, golf court, bowling alley, museums, etc) but our great and unique advantage is our complete staff, always willing to serve.

I am definitely agree with you ! we have the most beautiful guest services agents in the front desk !

Best regards, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013 !

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I am writing to say how much I like staying at the Valle Grande Hotel. I have stayed there many years now and like the place a great deal. The rooms are comfortable and always clean. The maids are always friendly and helpful. Whenever I have had a problem the maint. people were always fast and fixed any problem quickly. Security there is great. The landscappers do a great job. The people at the front desk seem to be well trained and always polite and helpful and most understand my poor Spanish or speak English. Marbella Zazueta has always been very helpful and seems to have a great deal of respect from her fellow employees. And I think if I ever had a problem in Obregon she would give me some good advice.

I stay at the Valle Grande 2 to 3 times a year and hope to be there again later this year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Gabriel S, Gerente at Gamma by Fiesta Inn Ciudad Obregon, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Guest :

Thank you very much for your comments we are happy to know that we are on the right direction to deliver good service to all our guests wherever they come from.

This is a real pleasure to welcome you back as many times as you decide to stay with us your home in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora.

Yours sincerely,

Almaty, Kazakhstan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Gross. Just dirty and nasty, plus doors open directly to the street, so pretty much anybody could be roaming around outside your door. I had the misfortune of staying there twice and will never do so again (and if I had my way, I’d have fired the person who booked my room there the second time). Breakfast, surprisingly, was not bad!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Gabriel S, Gerente at Gamma by Fiesta Inn Ciudad Obregon, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Dear Guest:

I think that never is too late for a good feedback.

Please allow me introduce myself as the new Hotel General Manager and thank you for making me aware of your experience at our hotel in the past. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.

Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. As our valued guest, you are best qualified to let us know how we are doing and how can better meet your needs. Your comments are great value to the success of our organization.

We would like the opportunity to show you how much we care about our guests.

Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated. I trust the action taken on your behalf will bring a sense of resolution and satisfaction concerning this matter. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs and I am sure you will see the changes.

Hotel Valle Grande Obregon
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2005

I stayed for two nights at this great local hotel in Cd. Obregon. Grounds are shady and meticulously maintained, and there's even a manned security gate at the entrance to the parking. Rooms to the two-story buildings are entered through shady tiled outdoor corridors. They are averagely-sized and clean with typical motel-quality furniture, beds and bedding. Very clean room and bathroom. Bathroom is small with a shower stall only -- no tub. Hairdryer, iron, coffee maker, cable TV, telephone -- everything in great working condition.

If you are used to US hotels, this is very comparable to a typical newer US chain hotel of 2 1/2 or 3 stars. Location is convenient; along the main drag as you enter into the city and close to familiar stores and restaurants. Also if you are used to US hotels, you'll be surprised at the numerous and courteous staff that seem to be available whenever you need them here.

Obregon is not a city for tourists, so there are not a lot of hotel options here. If you do find reason to visit Obregon, however, this is a nice place to stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Gamma by Fiesta Inn Ciudad Obregon? Share your experiences!