“the view is amazing and the staff super friendly” 4 of 5 stars

El Santuario Hotel And Spa
Carretera Colorines KM 4.5, Valle de Bravo 51200, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Valle de Bravo
Miami Beach, Florida
“the view is amazing and the staff super friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

The place is excellent. When we arrive at the hotel we ask for a pair of sun beds, and they took them to our suite. That shows that they are satisfying all of their guest. It´s the second time I visit this lovely place and I recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

When you see the photos of this hotel and you arrive you will see the surrounding area, its absolutely beautiful. However, the Service was terrible especially in the restaurant. When we arrived in the room it was dirty. The key would not fit in the door, so it took us about 15 minutes to try and get in. The sauna inside the room was full of green water with oil floating on the top. Mosquitos were swimming on the top of the Sauna trying to get out. None of the windows would close properly and so the Mosquitos visited us. When they came in to light the fire they used Gasoline or Diesel to get the firewood started, which the smell lingered in the room for hours afterwards. Anyway dont waste your money,,,,,We complained in the morning to the staff and the manager was too busy to see us. Dont waste your time, read the rest of these reports. They are all true.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Santuario2, General Manager at El Santuario Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Dear Sir,
I am very sorry to read about your unfortunate stay at our hotel. I had some research done of your stay and I want to inform you that a couple of days prioror to your arrival we had a malfunction of filtersystem of the private swimmingpool sistem in these rooms.This is not an excuse scince the pool had to perfectly kleen by your arrival. In regards of the service at the restaurant, we are implementing a very strict training program for all our staff, so they can exceed all our service standarts we placed as a policy. We are investing in the order of millions for us to keep our facilities in the best shape for all our guests to enjoy a real relaxing experience.
I can ashure you that I wasn´t informed of your need to talk to me, since my guests are the most important persons for me; and I certainly would have had the pleasure to attend you in person.
I kindly ask you to contact me in order to offer you the possibility to stay with us again and give us the opportunity to serve you as you deserve.
My most kind regards,
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

this is not a 5 star hotel, service is the worst, not clean, please dont spend you money in this property...

Room Tip: no best rooms, all of them are horrible.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sir,
I am very sorry to read your review of our hotel. I want to share with you that we are working on a strict training program for all our staff member, This with the intent to garantee our service standarts which we recently established with my new administration. I can also inform you that we have made some serious investments in our equipment and fittings for all our guests to enjoy.
All our suites have a private swimmingpool, designer furniture and a unique architectual design. Contact with Mother Nature is our philosophy. I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again and I garrantie your experience will be a memorable one.
Sincerely yours,
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

This place is a joke! Apart from the views, which I have to admit are spectacular, it has to be the most overpriced hotel I have ever visited, with the food in the restaurant being of very poor quality. It seems to me that the owners are trying to run a business on as little as possible and are reluctant to invest any funds bringing it up to the standard as advertised. Do not waste your money.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
I would like to inform you that we recently changed administration and with this several heads of department. We have a new Chef in the Restaurant as well as manager. In the past three months we have invested a large amount of money in the facilities and equipment, as well as, training programs for all our staff levels. I sincerely hope you give me and my staff the opportunity the serve you again and I am convinced that your experience will be a wounderful one.
I send you my best regards,
momortiz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Our friend and us stayed for 2days 2 nites with the intentions on staying for one more nite. the treatment was horrible. the staff was not cooperable. the valet service was aweful. they were suppose to be watching your vehicle but in turn our truck came out with a big dent. there spa did not keep there word. we had 4 rooms total. because of the treatment we received we decided to go back home instead of spending more money on a hotel that gives bad treatment to there customer. the restaurant was not worth the money you spend. would i recommend this hotel . MY ANSWER IS NOOOOO

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

Great view, very nice bedsheets. Staff was fine, courteous and helpful. That's about it. Stayed in one of the two Master Suites. Very expensive. Why would you have a master suite next to an equipment room, with a noisy pump or transformer coming on every half hour, even if it's just for a couple of minutes (especially during the night). Very uncomfortable room. Not a decent place to sit with appropriate lighting to relax and do some reading. Furniture is pathetic, old, looking unclean, very uncomfortable. Website shows plasma TV on wall in master suite. The old model TV in room was as bad as the reception. Muggy feel to room because of in-room pool (no AC of course). Improves at night when they shut off the system. Very noisy, poor sound insulation all around.
Booked a two-night package. Left after first night and returned to Mexico City. Grossly overpriced. Would never go back.

• Liked — Beautiful view
  • Disliked — Quality and comfort
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

The surroundings were stunning, quick, efficient, polite, doting service. We were there for a business retreat and put into the wrong room. The first room we had did not have an heated indoor pool. The second one did. The food, for the most part was good. We did not use any of the other services, so we can't comment. The rooms all have a view, but seem overpriced. The pillows were divine as well as the sheets! High quality here. Overall, a wonderful stay. Word of caution... if you aren't active, don't go as it has a lot of stairs to climb. It is a place to relax and enjoy life, but is not for those who don't move about too well.

• Liked — Beautiful surroundings and service
  • Disliked — lots of stairs and I'm in shape! No elevator, bellhop is necessary if you want to feel as though you are on holiday
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to El Santuario Hotel And Spa? Share your experiences!