TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Patzcuaro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Beautiful, new restaurant with wonderful, Mexican/American food. Reasonably priced.As you face the Basilica, the restaurant is located on the left corner.
Talent
“Huge Margaritas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Fabulous service, outdoor patio seating with gas heaters for those chilly nights in November and great food

Visited November 2012

Pátzcuaro, Michoacán
“I need to eat there more often!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Yesterday, I met some traveling friends from the internet for a late breakfast at Lupita's. It had been some time since I had eaten there. As the very good breakfast progressed, I knew that my wife and I should come there more often,

The setting is very nice out on the patio, and our waiter rearranged the shade umbrella to keep us protected from the direct sun.

I had one of my favorites, an Omelet Vegetariano. It was richly delicious, with finely chopped vegetables, including asparagus. It came with a small portion of well made frijoles refritos, a few thin slices of avocado, and a really excellent touch: segments of broiled tomato, with a very tasty herb seasoning.

I had just had an espresso with a friend at another restaurant, so I restrained myself and had some delicious grapefruit juice instead of another coffee, It was very good as well as refreshing refreshing.

There is a strong gravitational pull exerted by La Surtidora, another restaurant, located on the Plaza Grande, where expats and Mexican residents meet. (I like it, and often go there.) However, it's worth your while to break away from "the herd' and come a few blocks up to Lupitas.

Yes, there's fascinating artwork on the walls, most of it by Lanny Garland, a very talent artist.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Mucho Gusto! Great food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Awesome patio dining with excellent service. Whether you are looking for an excellent snack of guacamole and margaritas or fine food this is a great choice. The arrachera (mexican tenderized flank steak) was a favorite of my companion while I was pleased with my choice of chicken Veracruz. Romantic setting with tropical plants and mood lighting. We were especially pleased when the house red wine (the only choice by the glass) was a very nice Cabernet.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Our new best restaurant in Patzcuaro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

With the closing of Restaurante Galeria D'La Calle Coss, we lost one of our favorites. Since we only had two nights in Patzcuaro this trip, we didn't want to waste a night experimenting. So we chose to eat at Lupita's both nights of our visit. Due to rains and much cooler weather this year, we couldn't eat at a courtyard table but eating inside didn't affect the quality of the food, the service nor our overall enjoyment. Lupita's will always be on our "must list" on future trips to Patzcuaro!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
guatemala
“Best place in Patzcuaro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Superb food, attractive ambience, reasonable prices: Nueva Mexicana cuisine, well executed. The sopa tarasca is excellent, likewise various fish and shrimp dishes. Nice art on the walls.

Visited August 2012