“An Incredible Wine Experience” 5 of 5 stars

44 415 113 4280
Website
Improve this listing
San Anselmo, California
“An Incredible Wine Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I went to Cuna de Tierra, but I was blown away! The tour is incredibly personalized with lots of attention to detail. They gave us a great explanation of the winery history, the winemaking process, and an interesting walk through the vineyards. Alfredo educated us about all that goes into making the wine and caring for the vines. We were taken to a very cool tower that had sweeping views of the property. Along with vineyards, the place is like a farm and ranch with crops and livestock. The highlight of the experience was the wine tasting and food pairing, the meal was amazing! At most wineries, they might give you a cracker or piece of cheese if anything. This was an incredible 4-course meal that we were not expecting at all! The food was delicious (the rasberry jelly was to die for), but what made the meal even better was our host Cynthia. Cynthia gave us one of the best wine tasting courses I've ever heard and lots of fun facts about how to taste, varietals, and Cuna in general. She was a great guide and our whole group loved her. I have tasted in France (Burgundy, Bordeaux), all over California (Napa, Sonoma, Monteray etc) and this was by far one the best winery visits I've ever had. They made us feel at home, gave us interesting information & history. I honestly had no idea what to expect from Mexican wine, but it was fantastic and the quality was very high! I would reccommend Cuna de Tierra to anyone and will definitely be back. Thank you to the whole Cuna experience for making our visit wonderful!!

Visited February 2013