TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Exceptional and top-notch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast
You added Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
16 de Septiembre #18, Ajijic 45900, Mexico   |
Ranked #11 of 22 Ajijic B&B and Inns
“Exceptional and top-notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

My friend and I traveled from Florida to see about retirement to the Chapala area & attend a wedding in Vallarta. Lorraine made us feel like family, and attended to our every need without compromising our privacy.

The rooms were beautifully appointed, the beds were GREAT (and I am fussy about beds!), and the common areas wonderfully decorated. it was easy to meet other visitors at breakfast, and it was OK to bring eggs and cook them for breaksfast to supplement the fresh fruit, coffee, and bread that are served at breakfast every day.

I will certainly stay there again when I return, if I need time to look for a casita. It was a great experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

This was a real gem of a place. The owner, Lorraine was very special, our room was great, and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Great B&B. Beautiful rooms, lush and lovely garden, good breakfast, wonderful innkeeper, sweet dogs, unbeatable location. Other reviewers have provided great details so I'll leave it there. There is one thing I didn't see mentioned elsewhere...

When we were there, we were told that we could not put toilet paper in the toilets. Ever. If we forgot, we'd have to dig it out (YUCK!!!) or risk ruining the plumping in the entire building. We managed fine, but I imagine this could be a deal-breaker for others, so you might want to check with Lorraine if this will be a problem for you. I got the sense that this was neither a short-term situation, nor uncommon in Mexico. I'd still go back, and would recommend it to others as long as they knew about the toilet paper ban.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I booked this B&B sight unseen from its website, and my husband and I could not have been happier with our three-week stay. Estrellita's is charming, bright, comfortable, and clean as a whistle. It's convenient to everything you would want in Ajijic. It's a block from the lake shore and beautiful malecon for strolling, a couple of blocks from the center plaza, a few blocks from the Wednesday market, and right in the middle of the many, many shops, artisan galleries, and great restaurants. Plus it is right next door to Lake Chapala Society, where all of the Canadians and U.S. folks meet up to exchange news, attend lectures, etc. All of this right near the front door, yet it is quiet and peaceful with birds singing nearby and the clip-clop of horse hooves on the cobble stone street. Lorraine, Estrellita's hostess, is a love -- friendly, helpful, attending to all of our questions and needs, giving good advice, and interested in us having a great visit. Each room has a patio or outdoor space for relaxing. Nice breakfast with an interesting flow of other guests. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

This was our 3rd visit to Estrellitas, and we enjoyed it more than ever. This Inn is an outstanding value with wonderful management by Lorraine Pasini, the owner. The location is perfect, the rooms beautifully decorated with comfortable beds, and it is one block from the new Malacon where we could stroll every morning & evening, enjoying the lake, birds and local atmosphere. All restaurants and lovely shops are easy walking distance as is the pretty zocolo. We look forward to our future stays when visiting wonderful Ajijic!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

I had been staying at the Real de Chapala hotel while attending the Focus on Mexico program for those contemplating retiring in Mexico. I had a few extra days and wanted to be in Ajijic village, and one of the Focus staff recommended Estrellita's. As with all the other excellent advice from the Focus people, this was an excellent choice.
I will add to the chorus of appreciation for Lorraine Pasini, the B&B's gracious owner and hostess. She is delightful: warm, witty, with great insight and knowledge of the area. Part of my enjoyment of breakfast was being able to converse with her.
The location, next to the famous expat gathering place the Lake Chapala Society, couldn't be better. It is an easy walk to the lake, restaurants (my favorite is Yves, a block or so away with lake views) as well as shops and restaurants.
I rented Tropicana, the upstairs front room with a large patio overlooking the bustling activity on the street and above the rooftops to the mountains. The wi-fi reception was fast and steady. Great shower, too. The bed was divine, with soft linens and lovely pillows. This is a large room, warmly decorated with Mexican colors and folk art. Staying there was the ideal end to my stay in this delightful part of the world.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

My husband and I were very fortunate to spend three nights at Estrellita's recently. Each room is uniquely decorated with Mexican folk art, beautiful furnishings, and comfortable beds. While located close to restaurants and shopping and to the waterfront, each room has access to a charming private garden The two upstairs rooms each have a priviate balcony and comfortable lounges to relax in, read, and enjoy the beautiful views and weather. The owner, Lorraine, lives on-site and is avaialble for advice on where to dine, shop, sightsee. She was very helpful and very nice! Please dont miss Ninette's (nearby) for a gourmet meal by an up and coming young chef, Oscar, who was trained in France.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Estrellita's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!