TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Ajijic
“Best Restaurant?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Cafe Grano is a nice little coffee shoppe, but that's it. They have no food service and a limited selection of baked goods. How on earth this is rated at the number on "restaurant" in Ajijic is mind baffling. They have a nice selection of coffees however my only gripe would be that the drinks they make in house are with a generic Green Mountain Coffee, not any of the local or specialty blends. For a good cup of coffee it's a nice place to stop bye and take a coffee to hang out in the Plaza, but not really anything more.

It is a bit pricey, I paid over 40 pesos for an iced cafe Americano, actually even more than in Starbucks.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

chicago
“Best coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I look forward to visiting Ajijic. My first stop is here to buy coffee. I stop here before leaving to bring coffee back to the States for myself and friends. It's the best. The women that work there are always friendly and helpful

Victoria, Canada
“The Best Coffee Shop in Ajijic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Superb coffee, great service and very tasty sweets... what better way to pass some time by yourselves or with friends? There is nowhere in town that we have found a better espresso or chai - we visit four or five times a week. The coffee is Mexican, ground in-house - if they are not too busy, they will make your coffee from the beans you select that they have for sale. The carrot cake is excellent. Owners live in Guadalajara but the young women who run this cafe are just sweet; their English is limited, but they will do their best. Free WiFi - good signal and good speed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Quaint coffee shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stopped in one morning for some tea and a croissant. Charming little coffee shop. I wish I had brought my computer so I could have sat and enjoyed the wi-fi. Will be back!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico
“Our Favorite Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We live in Ajijic and this is our go to place for coffee. Free wifi also. The owner, Jose roasts his coffee on site and we love all the roasts here. It is what we drink at home.

Visited February 2014