TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Try The Filette Base Ball” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bruno's Restaurant

Bruno's Restaurant
Oriente 20, Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico | Oriente 20, Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico, Ajijic, Mexico
+52 376 766 1674
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Over 25 Years of Mesquite Grilled Imported Meats, Seafood & Pasta's. Now Open for Lunch With Special Homestyle Cooking.
Edmonton, Canada
“Try The Filette Base Ball”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Have gone back twice for this delicious and perfectly cooked steak... the service is great with very pretty young senoritas doing an excellent job. This ample steak is a bargain at $140 Pesos and the baked potato is wonderful just with butter... nice sweet corn on the cob (actually on the cob on a stick) and a deep fried cauliflower floret or mushroom maybe for decoration but is tasty as can be.

They have recently opened for lunch and is next on my hit list... most entrees at $50 Pesos or less and they look great!

Maybe a reservation in the evening.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Bruno's where you have to know someone”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I went there for my birthday dinner. when we arrived the lunch menu was still out and i noticed they had Prime rib for lunch. I asked the waitress if they might have some left for dinner, she said no so I ordered something else, no big deal. Well not more than 2 min. after we ordered a older gentleman came in and sat right next to us and also asked about the prime rib for dinner, and to my astonishment they had some for him. when I asked the lady that seemed to be in charge why they had some for him and not for me her reply was "I know him, sorry"
My steak was good, my wife's garlic shrimp was way too salty.
I will never go there again and encourage you to go somewhere else also , unless you know them.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Guadalajara, Mexico
“What happened to Bruno?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Known for its baked potatoes and “baseball” filet mignon, rib eye, and hamburger. A go-to place on the main highway, according to the guidebooks, but that was when Bruno personally presided over the staff to ensure quality of food and service. Bruno’s not around much anymore, and his daughter has moved on. Take the hint and move on to something better.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ajijic
“Have gone to Bruno's for over 22 years. Love it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I figure I must be one of the first persons to discover Bruno's. Bruno is willing to buy very good steaks from either Sonora or the US and cook them consistently well. For a wonderful meal at a very, very reasonable price, Bruno's is it!! Consistently wonderful steaks, salads, backed potatoes--coupled with friendly service. We got there at least once per week and also for Vicky's special breakfast steak and eggs. I guess we'll go there tomorrow now that I've talked myself into it. Peeps

Visited January 2012
Wilmington,De
“Great lunch in an ok location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011 via mobile

Brunos right on a very busy dusty street was a pleasant surprise .suggested by some we met in a nearby store who told us Brunos was "always good" and it was .Great hamburger ,spaghetti w lots of spicy meatballs and of course by our standards , a great buy . Fresh salads came w our meals and 2 soft drinks and it was about $10.00 US. Just another pleasant surprise in Ajijic

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere