TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Parksville, Canada
“So glad we wandered into Yves!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My daughter, her bf and I spent the day @ Lake Chapala and environs, heading into Ajijic in the early afternoon. Since Alejandro, the bf was driving, he knew of a place on the wharf in Ajijic and wanted us to eat there, but it was closed indefinitely.
So we walked along the beach and found Yves.
The open deck was filled with diners and a warm wind was blowing. We found a table and were greeted promptly.
I ordered the salad bar and was delighted with the array of choices: marinated mushrooms, shredded carrot, dark green lettuce, pickled beets, tomatoes, avocados, queso and other delicacies.
My daughter ordered a delicious soup which was filled with chicken and vegetables and Alejandro enjoyed the prawns.
The view is first-class and we delighted in watching the antics of the white burro and the resident birds.

• Visited March 2013

69% Recommend
Chapala, Mexico
“Decent lunch,nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went with a group of ladies for lunch. Menu is varied. Quesadillas looked great, I got the Taco salad which was very big, bordering on huge for 80 pesos. It was good but lacked flavor. I did bring home enough for another meal. Menu is varied in prices and variety. Would try again.
Location: on the lake, but access is sort of difficult, rocky walk etc. Lake has gone down so not as impressive a view, would be better when lake is up.
Service was very good and the place was full, timely and efficient, and friendly also.
Mas o menos..try it, I may go for another try..

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
alberta
“Lake Views and Mojitos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

A friendly lakeside restaurant with pleasant service and good food. You will be amused by the original paintings of the village's local celebrity donkey, enjoy the gentle lake breeze and the fresh tasting mojitios. Their American style burgers were grilled exactly as requested and served with homemade fries. Yes, we had did finish with key lime pie - a snappy finish to a great meal.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Morelia, Mexico
“Great and unexpected Monday Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Situated on the beach in Ajijic is Yves, a great place to have lunch. My friend and I enjoyed our meal and the service--at my request, they even turned the music down. This was the second time I had eaten at Yves and it was every bit as good as the first time. Nearly all the tables overlooking the lake were occupied, but the waiter remained very polite and did not rush us..

My friend and I were surprised when the bill arrived for our lunches and drinks. Not only were the meals very reasonably priced and tasty, but there was a 20% discount because it was a Monday. Good food, good service, a scenic view and a discount--who could ask for anything more.

• Visited February 2013
“VERY GOOD CHOICE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Everything's Good and the Service is really friendly!! A props is for the little white donkey outside called VINO BLANCO!! I lllllove it!

• 5 of 5 stars Food