TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

01 376 766 0281
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 93 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Fresh food and the Chef was fabulous with his creations. We enjoyed everything about this restaurant. We would have gone again if we had more days to stay. We even took another couple from our B&B to eat here.

Visited December 2011

Mexico
“Quaint Restaurant...good food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Last night was our second time at La Vina. We know the Chef/Owner from his previous location and the quality and range of foods are very good. He maintains the same high standards and takes a personal interest in ensuring his clients are provided with good service. The location is great with parking on the street and nearby on the lake front. It is conveniently located to the main part of the village. With reasonable prices La Vina is well worth the visit.

• Visited March 2011
Vancouver
“Great food, service, and atmosphere with personalized service from the chef/owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

Our party of six was extremely happy with everything about this restaurant. We highly recommend the barbeque ribs and the breaded coconut shrimp. The vegetables were the best we've had presented at any Ajijic restaurant. We were delighted that all six of our meals arrived at the table at once - a rare occurence in Ajijic. The server was personable and spoke good English. Great value as well - $10 per person without wine. Wine pricing is reasonable. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2011
Alberta
“Another Gastronomic Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

I have my favourite restaurants in the village... My inclination - especially when I'm dining late and starving - is to go someplace I'm familiar with... A place where I can envision my plate as I walk to my destination... But at least once a week I try something new and that "new" sometimes becomes a favourite... Such is the case with La Vina... Admittedly it is just getting it's legs (no wait staff) and experiencing the odd problem of opening months (wine only - no bar)... However, these issues were really irrelevant... The space is beautiful - outdoors and under a canopy of trees... The food was incredible and so reasonably priced... The chef was absolutely charming - cooking and waiting... And one of the highlights for me was the side of perfectly steamed vegetables and roasted potatoes that accompanied my coconut shrimp... I am rarely in a hurry down here and often in the company of friends with whom I choose to spend time... La Vina was a perfect fit for a lazy evening under the Mexican moon... I look forward to my next meal...

• Visited February 2011
Mexico City, Mexico
“Lo Mejor de Lo Mejor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

I have eaten at many fantastic restaurants in different countries but La Viña really exceeded all of our expectations. The food was beyond amazing and we enjoyed every course, but it was the service that really put the restaurant head and shoulders above others....

• Visited January 2011