TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Casa de la Abuela
Galeana #75, Ajijic 45920, Mexico   |
Ranked #18 of 22 Ajijic B&B and Inns
british columbia
“Great family Bed and Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here, Although it was only 1 nite when we were passing thru. the room was extremely spacious with a large jetted tub. Nice bed and good pillows. The owners spoke english. Price was reasonable for that area. A good breakfast and coffee was provided. It was within walking distance to the town square and had great parking for the car. I would definatley stay here again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stongly recommend this place:
1 - Location: Well located in the heart of idyllic Ajijic, everything is on the doorstep: shops, bars and restaurants as well as other sites of interest which can all be walked to, so no need for car or taxi if you are not going to explore the rest of lake Chapala district. But it is still set about 300 meters / yards or 5 minutes walk away from main street / main traffic so more peacefull.
2 - Run by very nice family who team work perfectly to make your stay be the best. For instance when I mentioned I like my coffee quite strong, the landlady brought me an electric cafetiere and filters so that I could make my own to my own taste, another morning she invited us to help ourselves to some fresh fruits in the communal part, etc...
3 - Safe cark park.
4 - Comfort: Although it does not come with every room ( check first ), I apreciated the presence of a kitchenette as it allowed me to cook my own meals which is a bonus if you suffer food intolerances for instance, otherwise it will also save you money if you are on a budget.
5 - Internet: I found the wifi internet access very reliable.
6 - Value for money: Perhaps I was lucky ( low season? ), but when I enquiried ( by email )I was quoted a much lower price than the one I had found on their own website: a double room with kitchenette for 4,000 pesos for the week which at that price makes this place very good value when compared to most place in the vicinity, although I only had the time to checked about ten of the place around of which half replied too late, others did not have rooms available...
7 - Other: Re. room number 8 : the double bed is huge, there is a single bed as well if needed. There is a large balcony overlooking the manicured garden and further away great views of the village Ajijic , the church tower, the lake Chapala and the mountains in the background, very pictoresque indeed.
8 - There is a pool but I have no tried it.
9 - Being allergic to hairy pets, my concern at arrival soon disapeared as the two dogs are very well behaved , they stay well away from you if you do not invite them to get close and do not walk in your room if you leave the doors open, I was well impressed with that!
10 - Coffee is included in the morning, but I have not tried it.
If we ever come back to this part of the world, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We can only speak about room number eight which has a kitchenette, a large balcony and nice views ov...