TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

“Wonderul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quinta del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ajijic
Quinta del Sol
You added Quinta del Sol to your Saves list
Independencia # 29 | in the Heart of Ajijic Village, Ajijic 45920, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 22 Ajijic B&B and Inns
Gilroy
“Wonderul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our first time that we have stayed at a B&B and we were happy that we chose Quinta del Sol in Ajijic.. Eleanor's place was beautiful, tranquil and had all the amenities one could wish for without all the crowds of hotels. Eleanor your breakfasts were delicious. Food was always served warm. Our room, the Mariposa, was exceptional. Loved, loved the terrace. Only thing I would have added to the terrace was a chaise lounge. The small table and chairs were great but I sure was "eyeing" those chaises by the pool and wishing we had them on the terrace. Thank you for giving us information on what and where to go in Ajijic. That was helpful, especially when it's your first trip. We look forward to returning again.
Juan and Celia

Room Tip: The Mariposa room has the terrace where as the other room does not. If private, personal outdoor sp...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent the weekend with Rick & Eleanor Feeney at Quinta del Sol. They were great hosts and we had a relaxing stay. The accomodations are comfortable and it is abvious that they put a lot of thought into the decoration. The garden is beautiful, and the pool was a big plus for our four year old daughter. There is no way go wrong if your plan is to spend some relaxing days in Ajijic.

We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
North Saanich, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Truly, there is nothing more to be said. The accommodations are well furnished with great gardens and fabulous hosts. We stayed in the Mariposa Room - overlooking both the street and the backyard gardens. We found this room to be both quiet and luxurious. Breakfast was as much or as little as you wanted. Good food! Great Hospitality! If you've done much travelling throughout Mexico, you'll appreciate the comfortable bed and a decent shower head with good water pressure.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was the first time that we had ever stayed in a Bed and Breakfast and was leary but after meeting Eleanor and Rick there was nothing to worry about except they may have spoiled us for other Bed and Breakfast places.
The house and Casita are beautiful as are the gardens and pool. We would recomend staying there to anyone who wants a nice quiet comfortable vacation in the center of Ajijic.

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

One of the best things about our vacation in Ajijic was our two week stay at Quinta del Sol. This B and B's architecture has character and the great hosts, Eleanor and Rick, maintain a good lodging and a beautiful garden. We stayed 10 days in the Mariposa room and then 4 in the Casita. Both are petty, spacious and have great beds. We preferred the Mariposa because of it's balcony with a fabulous view of the back yard garden, nice pool and distant mountains. Sitting there with all the singing birds was wonderful. It was a pleasure to chat with Eleanor each morning at a "prepared just for us" breakfast. Eleanor truly did make our stay memorable with all the little extras she provided - ride to meet friends, early coffee before breakfast, dishes for our dinner, answering loads of questions.....to name a few. We had fun and would certainly return.

Room Tip: The Mariposa room has a large balcony overlooking the pool, beautiful garden and mountains. It is a...
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

There is no question that Eleanor and Rick Feeney, proprietors of Quinta del Sol, deserve an excellent rating. They are well known in Ajijic, and I was referred to them by local residents. The property is highly aesthetic, comfortable, easy to access from downtown (especially after some late nights of dancing), a short walk from the picturesque lake across the street and near shopping. Eleanor is a foodie; in addition to bacon, eggs, pancakes, her home baked pastries and breads, I savored delectable fruits and smoothies. My room, the casita, was a gift. There was a beautiful view of the property from the window inside the room, as well as on the stone porch, overlooking the pool.There are 2 more rooms across the patio in the upper level of the home. The setting was never crowded, and noise I found most endearing was the rooster's holler. The top-off to my stay were the owners' friendliness, greetings, conversations, help with getting around town, scheduling taxis, mapping directions, and as in the previous review, a personal walk to the destination in question. After a long vacation day which then turned into a night on the town, I walked home to my casita at Quinta del Sol and found a taste of Tequila. Fabulous. Don't miss it, and hurry, they are often sold out. I expect to book my next visit within the year, shortly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Benton, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Eleanor & Rick were the best hosts one could ask for. They were quick to assist with things to do, internet connection issues, restaurant suggestions, arranged for my taxi service, etc., etc. Breakfast was served early every morning so that I could make it to my conference in time. Eleanor even walked me to my conference location the first day so I would find my way! Rick was so kind to take me and my suitcase to the conference location on the last day so I didn't have to haul it down the cobblestone streets. The facility is wonderful with three rooms to choose from; two inside the home and one casita, but it is the hosts that really make it an experience to remember. My room was quiet large and I enjoyed opening the windows and doors each day to listen to the birds, horse hooves clomping, and even the rooster crowing. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: There are two rooms upstairs that look out over the street which is interesting for those who like t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quinta del Sol? Share your experiences!