TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Ajijic, Mexico
“consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

For some reason they do not have the business of the Ajijic Tango but equally good food and actually a more friendly staff. Ask for something special and they will do it, ask for the same at Ajijic Tango and you get a DAAAAA response,

Visited January 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Nice Garden setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We went to Los Telares again two weeks ago with friends, it was just as nice as the first time we went there. Located down by the malecon on the east side of Colon (about 1 block up), it's pretty nondescript on the outside, but inside has a very nice garden setting. My wife had the coconut shrimp, our friends had the fish, and I had the chicken. All were extremely tasty and the service was excellent. They have a very nice house vino tinto and my wife complimented their margaritas.
For a nice evening dinner, in a garden setting, you can't go wrong. Prices are extremely reasonable and you will have a very nice meal.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Spokane, Washington
“Romance in the Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

My husband chose this delightful smaller rest. in the village the first night we came to visit Ajijic. It was very charming, the food met our expectations and more, and the gentlemen playing and singing was wonderful. We even danced a little.

Visited March 2012
Dundas
“One of Many Average Restaurant Stops”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Patio is pleasant. Raw Ahi tuna appetizer was good. Service was slow even though I asked for it to be speedy.

Visited February 2012
Canora
“Vampires to die for !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Wow.....based on local recommendations and having walked past a few times, we tried this wonderful little hideaway located right across the street from Tango (see previous reviews).

As you enter through the foyer, the interior opens up to a large garden or courtyard, where tables are discreetly placed, among plants and trees, and a fountain splashes contentedly.
The feeling is refreshing and cozy, but wait until the margaritas arrive !! One of the best margs we've ever had anywhere in MX, then followed by coconut prawns that were heaven, and then I finally got my camarones vampiros...vampire shrimp !!! Oh my goodness, they were unbelieveable, wrapped with bacon and I don't know what else, and there must have been 15 or so large prawns on my plate ....along with the tortilla soup I ordered as an appetizer, let's just say I almost had to be rolled out the door.

Plus, we had wandered around earlier that evening looking at restaurants, trying to decide (getting the six of us to decide was sometimes like herding cats), so by the time we chose Los Telares, it was late and we felt bad, as it was near closing time...but no worries, we didn't fell rushed, the service was excellent, so we left a generous tip and stumbled home, vowing to return. Which we did once more during our 2 week stay in Ajijic, and this place turned out to be one of our favorites so far in all our travels to Mexico. Go if you can, the vampires are waiting !!

• Visited October 2011