TRAVEL ALERT: SAFETY AND SECURITY More info

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Ajijic
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Mexico
“A good Argentinian style restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My wife and I have not been to Tango's for quite a while and this time I was impressed with the service and especially the food. I am a fan of Provoleta with Red Pepper and Tomato for an appetizer and also Vacio for my main meat dish. The last time we ate here approximately one year ago, the portions were small and the Vacio was butterflied, which to me, spoiled the delicious flavour generated by the thin layer of fat surrounding the meat .
This time the food was very good. Portions as they should be and the Vacio was cooked whole to perfection. The wine list is extensive and the drinks varied and top shelf.
The wait staff are very attentive and the service was very good.
Well worth the visit and we shall return.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ajijic
“very reliable for consistency in cuisine, and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is the restaurant of choice for a great steak

Visited May 2012
Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico
“Best beef anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The food is outstanding and consistent in quality.

Visited March 2012
Tacoma, Washington
“Don't know what happened.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Made a reservation,arrived on time, promptly seated, great server, nice meal, end of story. Monday night, off season, staff outnumbered customers. Tall gringo showed up and service disappeared. Our wait person stood and talked to this guy for ten minutes while we were waiting to order coffee and desert. We finally received a desert menu and thats the last we saw of our wait person until I called for the check.
The rest of the staff was going crazy cleaning and resetting tables and what ever else it took to look busy for what was apparently the boss. I can see this sort of problem if the place is packed but this was rediculous. We have family coming to visit in June. Obviously "Tango" will not be one of our choices.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Oregon
“As good as remembered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Disclaimer: This is being written by OregonJohn's wife, or as he calls me, Mrs. OregonJohn. We share the same e-mail address, so TA account is in his name.

I decided to visit my brother who lives in Ajijic when I retired in January. During my 2 weeks of finally unwinding and relaxing after more than 50 years of continuous full-time work, we read a lot, visited with his friends and ate out a few times. the most memorable meal was dinner at Ajijic Tango. We had eaten there on a previous visit about a year and a half ago with hubby and friends who often travel with us.
The meal this time was just as good as I remembered from our previous trip. My martini and brother's margarita were both excellent and enjoyed with bruschetta while we looked over the menu for our other selections. Settled on Caesar salad (very good) and we shared a huge filet that was seared to a perfect medium rare. The filet is more than enough for two -- we had leftovers for sandwiches the next day. Unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert, but those being served to other tables looked wonderful.
Brother picked up the check, so I'm not sure of the cost, My spouse reminded me later that the prices were pretty sweet when we dined there before. At that time we had drinks, appetizers, wine, steaks and dessert and the five of us paid about $250 for the table.
We plan to return to Ajijic this summer to visit my brother again after spending time in Puerto Vallarta, Knowing how my hubby enjoys a good meal, I'm sure we will be dining at Tango at least once.

• Visited January 2012