“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Weyburn
Calgary, Alberta
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights while in town for work. We were in the new building and it was very nice. There was a fridge in the room and the air condition worked very well. The room didn't have a microwave but there was a communal microwave in the hallway. This place isn't super fancy, but it's clean and served it's purpose. Great place to stay when in town for work. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in town for work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Victoria, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I've stayed here since 1997... long before the current owners or manager; a long time to put up with decidedly mediocre experiences. It has been going down-hill for a long time.
The pluses: location, breakfast.
The minuses: smoke pours into the non-smoking rooms from the 'service hallway'... depends on which direction the wind is coming from. (in fairness, I note there is a new smoke-free building, a room in which costs $55 more than their basic 'non-smoking room' - $140 vs $85 per night)
More minuses: tubs that don't drain; exhaust fans that don't work; internet that doesn't work, burned out light-bulbs; paper thin walls, so you hear the next door snores or sex, or diesel motor running all night.
Why do I go back? I ask myself this question every time... so far the convenience of the location and the (few) bucks saved have tilted the balance... but I always wonder 'for how much longer should I abuse myself'.
Did I mention the mattresses? They were great when new... in 1998!

Room Tip: if you require it to be smoke free; get a room in the newest building; but not next to the guest-lau...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Weyburn hotels

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have stayed here several times. It is just off highway and close to restaurants. Also close to dog walking parks. This is a pet friendly accommodation. Nothing special. Is clean enough. The rooms are big enough for short stays. The breakfast is good, better than some continental styles I have seen. Big room for sitting and enjoying breakfast. Service is good and friendly although they seem understaffed. They seem to cater to smokers and that is evident in some rooms. Scent and damage. I will never understand how they charge a deposit for dogs when smokers cause more permanent damage than anything. This suits my needs sufficiently and will stay again. Were doing additions last time I was there so as mediocre as this place is, it is obviously want most people require.

Room Tip: Make a reservation. This hotel seems to be very popular and is constantly booked.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

It's a Motel on the highway. Not to generalize, but my expectations were low to begin with.
The woman at check in was nice enough, but upon entering and seeing what the place looked like - decor - which looks like it's from the late 80's and 90's.. I knew it wasn't going to be a fancy stay lol.

My room was right next to the 'lobby'. The look of the room was very institutional. Remote didn't work for the tv, had to get it fixed. The bed was smushy and not terribly comfortable. Walls were thin. Could hear an old man hacking up his lungs as though he was in the room with me.

There is a 'fitness centre' of sorts... Tiny, with equipment you wouldn't even find on a late night infomercial. There must have been a sale somewhere.

Room Tip: It's a motel, so all rooms you need to enter from the outside.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I didn't even stay in this place... Called to cancel the rooms and the manager was very rude, insisting that when I placed the reservation she informed me of the 24 hr cancelation policy, which she did NOT... then had the nerve to say and I quote "I can't help with you only here what you want" !!!!! Seriously, your going to talk to someone that way!! I would never recommend this place simply based on their absolute lack of customer service and rudeness. And my only contact was over the phone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

During a recent stay at the Weyburn Perfect Inn, I maybe slept 3 hours during my stay. I squished no less than a dozen black beetles which disturbed my sleep by crawling on my neck and face. Upon closer inspection of the various tears and crevasses in the quilt, there were stains of many beetles and other types of insects that met their demise, I suspect from previous guests whose experience was no different to mine.

Sadly, this was during the night and early morning which followed the afternoon when my arrival to the facility was met by extremely rude and abrupt office staff.

I had no choice but to stay at that hotel due to the unavailability of rooms at other lodging establishments. Should that happen again, I would rather sleep in my vehicle, or stay in many of the finer establishments in Regina, then drive the rest of the way.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
montmartre,sask.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

The rooms are huge; the mattress is divine; equiped with fridge; towels are so soft; everything is so clean and the stafff is so friendly and helpful. The cost of the room includes a continental breakfast that is the best I have ever had at any motel. Waffles, fruit, pastries, cold and hot cereals, breads, bagels, beverages, eggs and excellent coffee. Computer available in the lobby. It was quiet so really enjoyed out stay. We will definately stay there again and again. None of us wanted to leave. Really a 6 star motel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Perfect Inns? Share your experiences!