“Wonderful place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Weyburn
Weyburn
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Canalta is a great place to stay, rooms very clean, staff very friendly, everyone makes you feel so at home. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful, lots of selection from waffles that you can make in minutes, yogurt, eggs, cereals, muffins and cinnamon rolls. Also the cookies when you check in and popcorn in the evening are a great touch. The beds are very comfortable, what a great sleep I had! All around great stay! I will most defiantly be back next time I am in town!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am upset and disappointed with this hotel and the way it operates. I booked a room as had a family celebration then circumstances came up had to cancel room which was done 4 days in advance the front desk girl said no problem she said she cancelled on phone of course no confirmation Well room not cancelled as when got my credit card bill they charged me for room. I called to inquire about it well front desk girl said it did not show anything and it was taken as a no show so they charge you. Well asked for Mgr of course was not in till next morning so transferred me to her voice mail for her to call me in morning. Well no call so I called back and of course the Mgr was not in again as said was sick convenient. So then I asked to be transferred to the Mgr which I had her name from the front desk from the day before call in to find out that not the Mgr anymore she does not work there anymore So I have come to conclusion how would I expect my room to get cancelled correctly when front desk staff don't even know who their Mgr is and they don't call you back even when you leave two messages.

I am very disappointed. I have travelled a lot and have never had this much unfaithfulness. So next time in will stop at Ramada. They r more common anyway.

Thanks Canalta for clarifying who I should stay with on my next trip through.

Disappointed and Upset ....

Room Tip: Tip is stay at the Ramada.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Went to Weyburn for a family event and originally tried to book the Ramada next door, but they where full, so where referred to CanAlta Hotel.
Extremely clean lobby, hallways and rooms. We had a room with 2 queen beds with desk, flatscreen TV/DVD, microwave and small fridge. The room was even big enough for 2 lounge chairs and a table. Very good sized. Beds where very comfortable and bathroom was clean and well appointed. (shampoos and hairdryer)
Complimentary breakfast included your choices of cereal, toast/bagels, waffle maker, juices, yogurt and hard boiled eggs - Excellent.
The hotel had a business centre in the lobby area as well as a work out room and large hot tub. Loads of parking outside with Canadian Tire right next door, Tim Hortons and Walmart close by too. It is on the western outskirts of town, and about 3 years old.
Our kids wished it had a waterslide like the Ramada next door, but other than that - NO COMPLAINTS.
Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
I am very happy to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much! I look forward to accommodating you again in the future. Thank you!
Grand Bend, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Having been on the road for the past month and staying at numerous hotels, the Canalta is the one to beat. The room was very clean, nicely decorated........love the instant hot water and soap dispensers. Also, we appreciated the free DVDs and player. We had our small dog with us and our room was beside the stair well and exit door which made it very handy for walking him outside.

Because we did not have to depart early we did not arrive at the breakfast bar till the last half hour before it closed. Unlike one of the reviewers, we found it well stocked with lots of choices, plenty of juice and coffee.

We will return to this hotel and will recommend it to any friends travelling through Weyburn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for your review! I hope to get the chance to meet you on your way through Weyburn next time!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed one night in Regina and then on to Weyburn. The Canalta was such a step up from Regina's hotel and a much better price. Room was so spacious, bed was great. The room had extra plugins all over! Glass cups and glass glasses in the room. Lots of towels and they were not like boards.
Also had to use one of their meeting rooms. Well appointed, large screen, tables and a complete refreshment counter. We look forward to staying again. Complimentary breakfast from 5:00 AM till 10:00 AM, in Regina it was 7:00 to 10:00 AM. You could even make a fresh waffle for breakfast. Definitely a 5 rating!!

Room Tip: Top floor, no oil patch workers getting up at 5:00 AM, quieter!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to accommodating you again in the future!!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I'm driving the AlCan from Alaska to the Lower 48 and I'm traveling with my fur-child (aka: my dog). I've had very mixed hotel/motel experiences along the way but I can't say enough good things about the Canalta Hotel in Weyburn! The staff is welcoming, professional and very kind. The property is new, clean, well kept and there's plenty of parking for larger vehicles. I parked my truck and UHaul trailer right below my room's window, so I could keep an eye on it. The beds are very comfortable with plenty of pillows. It was a quiet and relaxing place to stay and if I'm ever in Weyburn again, I'll be staying here! Oh and my dog loved it too! He walked into the room, curled up on the floor and went right to sleep!

When I arrived into town, I tried to book into the Ramada next door but after standing at the counter for 10 minutes, ringing the bell on the counter and even using the courtesy phone to call the front desk, no one showed up to help me... so I left. I'm THRILLED to have found the Canalta ... I greatly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate it! I am glad to here that your fur-friend enjoyed their stay as well! I look forward to accommodating you again in the future and hopefully I get to meet you next time!
Reasonenough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I stayed at the Canalta in Weyburn while I was in town for the Canalta Cup. The hotel is new and nicely up to date. The lobby is modern and nice. Rooms are clean and modern, beds are comfy and they provide a lot of pillows! They are also well-lit with overhead lighting! Bathrooms are clean and the shower was awesome.

Canalta provides a continental breakfast, however, I prefer sleeping to eating breakfast. Co-workers stated it was a nice breakfast with lots of variety.

My only complaint about this hotel is that their maids started cleaning rooms really early and were yelling down the halls at each other, banging doors and vacuuming the floors. Since I didn't have to check out until 11:00 AM I didn't plan on being up until later in the morning. Not only did the maids wake me from my sleep but their loudness kept me from going back to bed as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CanaltaWeyurnGM, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Weyburn, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your review! I was very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay overall, and I assure you that I have dealt with the noisy room attendants and have rectified this problem! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Been to Canalta Hotel Weyburn? Share your experiences!