“good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tropical Inn

Tropical Inn
You added Tropical Inn to your Saves list
Tropical Inn
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   1001 Hwy #16 Bypass, North Battleford, Saskatchewan S9A 3W2, Canada   |
North Bay
“good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I don't understand why this hotel is receiving such bad reviews. We stayed here because we ran out of the travel lodge down the street (worst ever) we stayed for 10 mins then demanded our money back and decided to give this place a try. The front desk lady was very kind and we got a beautiful room right away. Our room was on the 2nd floor and was right above the lobby. It had 2 double or maybe they were queen size beds and the room looked to be freshly renovated and was VERY clean. Our room also had a balcony that overlooked the pool and water slides which was great. The hotel didn't have any odors to it and neither did the room. My son and husband had a blast in the pool with the water slides but the pool could of been a little warmer. I must say that the ice machine was broken on the second floor so I had to go down to the first floor to get any ice. This may be where the bad reviews are coming from because the hall was dark and gloomy looking, almost dingy looking. I passed the bar and I peeked inside and it looked to be very clean and the patrons appeared to be having a good time. The music was not loud and I found the hotel to be very quiet. The pool and water slides promptly shut down at 10:00pm so it did not disturb any of the guests that had rooms over looking the pool. (like what we had).
I am very fussy especially with smells (due to severe allergies) and noise issues. I must say I have no complaints and my room was very nice and very clean. The only minor issue was that the restaurant was not open for breakfast as they didn't open until 8 am and bye then we were all ready checked out and on our way. I would stay here again, just ask for a room on 2nd floor that is newly renovated and you shouldn't have any issues.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The online pictures are very deceiving. The hallways are a maze to geth thru and the smell of mildew and smoke is over whelming. The elevator fits two people, without luggage so trying to pack belonging up to you're room is tricky. The housekeeping is god awful. After my room was 'cleaned' I was left with one towel and one face cloth. The floor is dirty, they did not replace the bars of soap, so I had no soap. The pool is a whole story on its own! The whirlpool is disgusting with a film of slime at the water line and I picked up a bolt and nut that had fallen off the waterslide! The rooms that have a balcony into the pool area are extreamly noisy. I would reccomend any other hotel.

• Stayed July 2012

Travelers are raving about these North Battleford hotels

Victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed for 4 days, the room was clean and comfortable though next to the pool was a little noisy but done at 10PM. I would add that the hallways do smell of smoke and chlorine but our room was fine. Service was friendly and prompt. Restaurant was poor, one breakfast there, and it was not impressive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

DO NOT stay here, even as a last resort. The entire place smelled like an ash tray. With the outside temp at 24c, our room was blowing hot air. The front desk receptionist couldn't get the on-call handyman to come in, so after a while she just came up and busted up the rad until it shut off lol. The second day we returned at 9pm to find our room wasn't made up! We ordered room service another night at 10pm, they said it would be 20 mins for our food. After 50mins we finally got an answer at room service and they made up some excuse of our food going to the wrong room and that the kitchen was now closed. We ate twice at the Smitty's in the lobby and both times it was absolutely terrible. Go to Humpty's across the street. Our kids 12 and 10 years love pools, but they didn't last 15 mins in the pool. My wife and I didn't check it out but they claimed it smelled real bad and the water was dirty. It appears they only have one person working at a time. Quite often no one answers the phone at the front desk or the room service line. My in-laws were in another room and it was also extremely hot and they had ants everywhere. I have never reviewed a Hotel before but felt I really had to in this case. Run away from this place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was looking for a suitable place for my boss to stay over night, impressed by the website pictures, I thought I would impress her, until she told me about the toilet being so dirty that she had to clean it herself before using it. I thought I would go online to read the reviews and seems a lot of people have had the same issues. I will never send my boss to a "Tropical Inn" ever again.
P.S I should of read the reviews before booking her.

Room Tip: If you are thinking about staying in North Battleford SK, you should stay at the Gold Eagle Lodge, i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

First was placed in a room that was under renovation so we had to walk very far around the building only to find this out and return to the front desk. Second room we were put in was VERY hot (heat left on) with broken air conditioner and a skylight with no window. We do not want a room with a skylight so we are woken up at 5am by the extreme brightness.

After threatening to leave we are finally given an OK room. Still a very far walk to the main lobby/exit. 3rd room Okay, nothing special. No shower pressure. Pain in the butt distance from parking lot and exits with having to move bags. Smitty's Restaurant food poor.

Would not recommend this hotel. Do yourself a favour and don't try it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
saskatoon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Apparently their computer system isnt' advanced enough to ensure that you get the room you reserve. Our Suite was given away to a family who decided at the last minute to stay an extra night. We were traveling there for dance competitions with three kids, a grandma and two moms. We NEEDED a suite.
We only stayed there because it has waterslides for the kids and Sunday morning we were told they couldn't track down the person to open the pool!! What a joke. I would understand if the slide was broken, but that is a lame excuse. WE couldn't stayed across the street for less at the Super 8.
I could overlook the fact that the pool was dirty, rundown, outdated, loud and tacky, but the fat that the pool wasn't opened was really unacceptable.

Room Tip: Apparently you can't reserve what you want because they will just give it away. So you don't...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Tropical Inn? Share your experiences!