“I've stayed in better places....” 2 of 5 stars

Carra Valla Inn
and 1 more site!
You added Carra Valla Inn to your Saves list
Carra Valla Inn
Box 2019 | 708 Saskatchewan Avenue East, Melfort, Saskatchewan S0E 1A0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Melfort
Alberta
“I've stayed in better places....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

I was in Melfort for a funeral. I asked if we could have a late checkout of approximately 1 p.m. in order to change for the funeral. The woman at the counter was quite snarky when she advised me there was no way they could accommodate me.

The bedspreads had stains on them that looked like blood.

I stayed there also in May 2007. The same woman snarked at me because she said I had booked two rooms, not one and argued the fact until I showed her the copy of my e-mail. On that trip there was not hot water when I showed up.

If there were a lot more choices in Melfort I certainly would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Saskatoon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

We had 11 rooms booked here for my sisters wedding and most of us were unhappy.

2 hours before the wedding, I was yelled at by the owner for a mistake SHE and her staff made.

My room was VERY basic and I didn't want to take my shoes off when inside as I was too grossed out. They lost the booking for the grooms grandparents and didn't apologize.

Finally they overcharged me by $10 as they assumed (she never checked) that I had multiple people in my room (it was a two queen sized beds room - so it does sleep 4), when I only had one person one night and two people the next night.

It was AWFUL.

Stayed July 2008
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

My husband and I travelled through Melfort recently and stayed at the Carra Valla Inn. We were impressed with the friendly staff and owners who went out of their way to ensure our stay was pleasant. We found the room to be cleaner than many 5 star hotels we have stayed in. The beds were comfortable and not sagged out which is what you come to expect in many small town motels. I found the rates to be extremely competitive and highly recommend anyone having to staying in Melfort to go to the Carra Valla Inn.

• Liked — Clean & friendly staff
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

We booked a room while in Melfort, at the Carra Valla Inn, while we were in for our daughters surgery. The room stunk like alcohol and stale wiskey-It was also right next to the ice room and some kind of heating plant and the noise was terrible-the heat was also awfull and the air conditioning was not working so it was a hot stinky night. The next day we went to take my daughter in to the hospital and when I returned @9 in the morning, they had already emptied my room(although checkout is at 11)-I complained and the very rude- I think she's female, owner at the counter told me that they thought we checked out already(although I still had the key)-I told her the room was awful and she said she hears that every day from the people who stay there, and thats just the way it is-Maybe she likes to live in filth but we do not-The room also was not cleaned properly and had old doritos under the bedside table-there was also burned out light bulbs and the mirrors were not cleaned at all-Please stay away from this motel-If I did not have my daughter with me I would have stayed in my van as it is a whole lot cleaner than the Carra Valla Inn in Melfort-Lousy non-exsistent service-stinky uncleaned rooms and terrible price all add up to the worst motel experiance I have ever had-We couldn't wait to get back home and shower after that horrible night.

Been to Carra Valla Inn? Share your experiences!