“Great food, atmosphere and service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Sutton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto
“Great food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

After deciding to take a stroll down the main strip of Sutton we stopped off here for dinner before heading back to our chalet.

We didn't have a reservation, and they were able to seat us despite expecting a busy evening (I'd make reservations!). The place quickly filled up.

It's a cozy restaurant. Nothing fancy but filled with lots of charm. I ordered the nicoise salad sans eggs. And my bf ordered one of their pizzas. I was very thankful when the waitress came back (ordered by the chef) to ask if I didn't want egg in my salad due to allergy. When I said yes, she asked if I still wanted the salad but without egg or wanted to choose another item off the menu. I rarely get that kind of service. The salad was very genrous and delish! And I had a small taste of my bf's pizza and it was amazing. Great food, reasonably priced, and good service.

Next time we are in Sutton, we'll be making sure to visit Tartinizza.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Always original, fresh ingredients, informal...service may vary but overall a small gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We go to this place on and off on occasion when we are like today in Sutton. In the summer, patio is nice in the winter, the inside is very cosy.

What impresses me every time is the tremendous efforts deployed in the kitchen to vary the daily specials, to try new combination, to incorporate local fresh products. Today soup of the day for example was a mix of apple, courge and cannel. Was almost flavoured like a gruau mix...the Pizza I had, was including meat sauce and banana peppers, and my wife pizza inluded some feta and other greek style ingredients. The dessert was a dark chocolate pie with a banana crust using uncooked ingredients (do not ask me how it was prepared byt the result was just spectacular).

The place is casual and very welcoming of kids. Of course, not being part of the local crowd, I experienced over the years mixed quality service and also sometimes found the door closed during regular business hours...I guess this has to do with operating using a limited staff to put the money where it should be, in your plate.

Il Duetto is probably the other italian restaurant worthing stopping by in the region, but offers a completely different set up, much more traditional and formal. So for families with younger kids, Tartin Izza is a very sound choice where the adults benefit from creative food in a very casual environment.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Good food but bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The meal started ok, with decent service and little wait time, but half-way through the meal, our server went home without telling us and it seems like the other servers loosely took over our tables, but with little focus.

After that, service was terrible. Everyone in our section was trying to attract the servers' attention, in most case unsuccessfully. All the while, one of the server (who turned out to be the owner!) was at a table chatting with some customers for over 20 minutes, completely ignoring other customers. We gave up on coffee and desert and went to the counter to pay our bill, which took even more time to materialize.

Unfortunate that the one person who seemed the least concerned with customers well being was the owner.

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good, honest food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I eat regularly at Tartin'Izza and have never been disapointed. Their salade nicoise is great - generous, fresh ingredients and a really tasty dressing. The thin crust pizzas are excellent and the daily special of soup then a half pizza with salad is great value. They can sometimes get a little overwhelmed so we tend to go lunchtime or earlier in the evening and always reserve. the terrace in the summer is a great spot. Its buzzy, lively and packed with locals.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gatineau, Canada
“Quite good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

A nice place for an informal lunch/dinner. The food is quite good but service is sometime slow and not so attentive. Nothing great but nothing really wrong either. The patio is quite pleasant.

• Visited July 2011