From the outside this very ordinary but attractive old house belies what's inside. We stayed here one night in August as part of a biking trip. If you're expecting a "Country Curtains" experience, leave this page now. The owners have transformed this place into one of the sleekest, most tasteful restorations combining the old and the new, we had ever seen. Michel and Bertin designed and did all the interior decorating themselves. Not a detail, not one, was left as afterthought. You're in an old Victorian and a boutique hotel in SoHo at the same time. Rooms were large and, again, beautifully appointed.
The dinner of tapas and breakfast they arranged were first class. The tapas was very inventive and generous. I must also point out that the wine list was very selective, well chosen, and very fairly priced. The restaurant is part of the inn and many people were eating there as well. That says something since there are a number of nice upscale restaurants in Sutton. The staff is exceedingly friendly and professional. Many inns and B&Bs, are run on a shoe string, with almost no help save the struggling owners. Not here.
But the best feature is the owners. Michel and Bertin are hands on, always present and extremely friendly and ready to mix. Make this a must stay for a visit to the Eastern Provinces.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the village of Sutton and housed in a magnificent 19th century Victorian house, the boutique-hotel Le Pleasant offers exceptional accommodation combining contemporary design and architectural heritage. Entirely renovated, Le Pleasant is characterized by its modern decor, a cozy atmosphere and its personalized service. Comfortable and stylish, the 10 rooms as well as the common areas are remarkably decorated.Le Pleasant's restaurant proposes you a unique gourmet experience, from Thursday to Sunday inclusively, as of 4 p.m.In addition to it's high standard accommodation, in collaboration with partners from the Eastern Townships, Le Pleasant offers multiple packages including relaxation, sporting activities and gastronomy. The hotel is also an ideal place for business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Pleasant Hotel And Cafe
- Le Pleasant Hotel & Cafe Sutton, Quebec