“Grate Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu

You added Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 Rue Gadbois, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec J3A1V1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Grate Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

hi just though i would add a bit, i was a lone for my sons grad i dont drive so i took a cab it was 20 bucks to the bass about 100 from air port , there was others that took bus but it was hours be for they got to the hotel, cab was faster for me to spend more time with my son so it was worth it to me . spent about 300 in cabs . lots of places to eat right out my dore and shopping .at the hotel and in cabs they spock english .wen you get to base they have pics and vido 10 bucks each i think and you can order whole set wen youre home . the 10 is just to get started they mail to you . if you are a lone make nice at grad or at hoel with some one its a long walk from grad to the other side side you can walk but its better to get a ride from one of the oter parents there . my room was qite and a lot better then i thought it would be , it was grate lots of folks talking in hall way excited about their childs grad , small one comming to see dad running around i loved it kind of nice didnt make you feel so alone. i took my meal to my room and watched tv got ready didnt eat in lunch room so dont know about seating it seem as if there was lots of room .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Silvia R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your comments with other guests. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will come back!
We look forward to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Niagara falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This hotel was suggested to me by a colleague, who like me, hates staying in central Montreal when we travel for business to the area south of Autoroute 30 in Quebec. After years of staying in Montreal, driving in the traffic, I decided to give this hotel and town a chance.

What a great decision! The hotel is an older property of the "Journey's End" design and vintage that has been updated with a pool room and breakfast buffet. The hotel is located near a shopping mall and numerous restaurants within walking distance, which is great after a long day.

The room was a bit on the smaller side compared to Holiday Inn Express properties in the U.S. that I frequent, but still with the same furnishings, beds, and cleanliness of other Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed at in the past.

The room had a HDTV that I could connect my computer to with an HDMI cable which is always a bonus to watch programming from home, and to Skype with my family on a bigger screen. The room also had Kuerig coffee machine - if I knew this before my trip I would have brought my preferred coffee to enjoy - however, I know for next time.

The staff was bilingual and had no issue communicating in English during my week stay.

The only issue I had was that some of the breakfast items seemed a little stale (the bagels), however, plenty of other options were available on the buffet.

I will come back to this hotel my next trip to the area - and look forward to showing my colleagues that they do not have to suffer in Montreal traffic!

Room Tip: The HDTV's allow you to use your own HDMI devices (such as a computer) - bring a HDMI cable to c...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,
We would like to thank you for your positive review on Tripadvisor and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express St-Jean-sur-Richelieu. Your comments are very valuable to us as we use them to either correct issues or to acknowledge the good customer service of our staff. We hope that we will get the chance to see you again at our property!
Parry Sound, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed two nights at this Holiday Inn. Staff friendly and helpful. Beds were good. Everything clean (except for coffeemaker which had grounds left in) Great shower. We really appreciated being able to make this our home for the time in St Jean. So pleased with the free wifi. Close to a great Boston Pizza which was next to parking lot! Tim Hortons only steps away. The only problem was that both mornings tables where all taken in the breakfast room. We ate in the lobby on the chairs there. The next day we did not have to wait too long. I can not remember the lady's name in the breakfast room but she was awesome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Silvia R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for your positive review on Tripadvisor and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express St-Jean-sur-Richelieu. Your comments are very valuable to us as we use them to either correct issues or to acknowledge the good customer service of our staff. We hope that we will get the chance to see you again at our property!
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, my family and I came here to see my brother graduate at garrison. It was really convenient for anyone who is here to see their army brat:) they had a nice pool and hot tub, although I didn't get to use it. The complimentary breakfast was delicious, they had an awesome crepe machine that made creeps for you right on the spot. A lot easier to use than the waffle machine at most hotels. The only thing with the buffet is I wish they had more of a fruit selection, they only had apples and bananas. The rooms were nice, it was a little cramped for four adults but we didn't mind. The only problem I had with the room was the bathroom sink, it's very high and I am 5'3". It was very difficult for me to wash my face, I can't imagine what a family with children would do. They should possibly consider providing stools. The desk staff was very hospitable, especially Samuell (who spoke the best English). Although I speak both English and French, it was very helpful for my parents. All in all the staff at this location made out stay very easy. Thank you.

Stayed January 2014
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very valuable to us as we use them to either correct issues or to acknowledge the good customer service of our staff. We hope that we will get the chance to see you again at our property!
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight Saturday Jan 19th '14. The staff, from the minute we walked in, were smiling and helpful. Thankyou Elise for your attention to detail, your warm welcome and for remembering us the next morning when we came for breakfast. My husband is from Quebec and is totally bilingual, but I only speak English. It was such a warm feeling to have the staff recognize my inability to correspond in French..especially Elise. We have in the past encountered negativity from some, with my predicament over the language barrier...but this was not so here at the Holiday Inn. My husband wants to thank you from the bottom of his heart for making me feel comfortable and welcome.

The hotel was comfortable and warm. The housekeeping excellent. Beds comfortable. A choice of firm or soft pillows, which were clearly marked. All linens sparkling white in room and bathroom. The breakfast area was clean and variety was great. The breakfast items were kept well stocked, hot and cold items, fresh fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, cheese omelettes, sausage, freshly made pancake machine, numerous items to toast, pastries, muffins, cereal, 3 varieties of juice, milk, decaf and regular coffee and tea. What more could you ask for!!

Thanks again Holiday Inn. Even though this hotel is situated in close proximity to a major road it was still a peaceful and enjoyable stay. Please pass on our thanks again to Elise, a well deserving premium performer, and an asset to the Holiday Inn family!

Room Tip: We were in Room 107, easy access to front desk and facilities. We were able to park outside our room...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Silvia R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear valued guest,
We would like to thank you for your sharing your review with theTripadvisor community. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express St-Jean-sur-Richelieu. Your comments are very valuable to us. We hope that we will get the chance to see you again at our property in the near future!
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The service was exceptional from the moment I walked in the door! The receptionist, Isabelle was friendly, outgoing, willing to help me find my way around and recognized me after seeing me once! What a great face to encounter when coming into a strange town all alone! Roxanne in the breakfast area was the very same - they both conversed in English and made my stay much more enjoyable! The room was always very clean and comfortable. I too found it hard to control the temperature but thought that it was just my lack of skills on it! :) The location was great. I was attending my son's graduation from basic training at the base so the hotel was close to the base and just a short cab ride away. (It's too bad there wasn't a shuttle for us to and from the base as I'm sure that a lot of their business is from families for the graduations!) There were restaurants within walking distance to eat at, and a huge new mall across from the hotel within walking distance. I loved talking to the families that were staying at the hotel that were there for the same reason as I was, too. To be honest, the only things that I found missing which would have made my stay a bit nicer were to have a little bar fridge and a small microwave in the room. Other than that, it was a great experience! Thank you to Isabelle, Roxanne and the housekeeping staff for making me feel so welcome and at home!
N. Wilde, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Room Tip: I found the traffic from the overpass died down in the later evening but if you are a person that li...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jocelyn R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear valued guest, we would like to thank you for your positive review on Tripadvisor and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express St-Jean-sur-Richelieu. Your comments are very valuable to us as we use them to either correct issues or to acknowledge the good customer service of our staff. We hope that we will get the chance to see you again at our property!
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I usually start my review with a title that describes the hotel situation (acceptable or not), but this time the first thing that I noticed was the exceptional interpersonal skills of Isabelle, it's the receptionist that was there for our check-inn ; a staff member that is has authentic as one can be (smiling, knowledgeable , etc.). For the owners of the Holiday inn Express St-Jean, she deserves a raise, she is a keeper!

Now back to the review of the hotel itself: The pros:
The hotel was easy to find, great location, lots of parking lot, surrounded by several well known restaurants, the bed and pillows were very comfortable , the room and toilet were very clean, the breakfast is include and they have plenty of food and a certain variety of items you can choose from.

The cons:
I don't have a lot of negative aspect about that stay.
The room temperature was very difficult to set...we never could (it's an older system), we froze all day and night , we had to crank up the temperature to feel a little heat and then it was very noisy, we lowered it just a notch and it was freezing again , we kept the extra blanket on us all night. My last negative point is that we were in room 101 and it's right in front of the cleaning staff office or break room (it's another room that they are using for the staff) they were always talking loud and banging the door....yes, it continued until I would say probably 8PM .The room was also right besides the side's entrance to the hotel, (lots of circulation) So don't try to take a nap in the afternoon if you get that room, very noisy.

Overall , we enjoyed our stay, for the price, the location , the comfort of the bed, the staff , etc. we will probably have to return, but we will make sure to ask for another room...now that we know!

Room Tip: Avoid room 101!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express St. Jean sur Richelieu? Share your experiences!